The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-08-2015, 03:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
The king himself gave to her children Madeleine royal titles. If you want a low-key baptism and not so much attention let's think before.
I agree. He can't make his grandchildren Princess and Prince only to then deny them the privileges that come along with such titles. It would have been completely justifiable for him to deny them titles in the first place but now that he has done it, then he must also follow through with it.

Old 10-08-2015, 04:30 AM
Courtier

There's one thing I really don't understand here.

I'm quite sure that the court doesn't have to pay SVT for the broadcast. That bill ends up with SVT. Besides paying for lunch (and perhaps hotel rooms) for the guests, where is the big cost? I understand that a royal wedding is expensive. No question there. But a baptism? I really don't get it.

Old 10-08-2015, 05:26 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post

I'm quite sure that the court doesn't have to pay SVT for the broadcast. That bill ends up with SVT. Besides paying for lunch (and perhaps hotel rooms) for the guests, where is the big cost? I understand that a royal wedding is expensive. No question there. But a baptism? I really don't get it.
Some people here want to blame Madelaine for expensive baptism, facts and common sense are not important
Old 10-08-2015, 07:51 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
Some people here want to blame Madelaine for expensive baptism, facts and common sense are not important

If you are referring to my post, as I said before it wasn't meant as a criticism and I didn't mean to "blame" Madeleine. It was simply an observation. Nor did I say facts and common sense are unimportant because I do take them into account when I post my own opinions (which I'm also entitled to)...

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 10-08-2015, 11:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

There will be two photo and media positions at Prince Nicolas' christening on October 11, 2015. The main position will be located outside Drottningholm Palace Chapel. A smaller position will also be available outside the gates by the allée on the seaside.
Allocation of seats*in the photo positions at Prince Nicolas' christening - Sveriges Kungahus

And the link to SVT's live broadcast on SVTplay on Sunday
Prins Nicolas dop _ SVT Play
Old 10-08-2015, 11:24 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post

Well, they have to pay for the decoration of the church, the musicians who will perform during the service, invitation letters, security, etc. etc. Add to that the cost of the reception and possible accomodation for guests and it suddenly becomes not so cheap anymore.
Old 10-09-2015, 07:31 AM
Courtier

Expressen has posted an article showing the chapel all set up. In the shot there is 10 chairs for the royal family- I think this indicates that no one in the immediate family is a godparent. Other thoughts?
http://www.expressen.se/nyheter/sa-b...et-av-nicolas/
Old 10-09-2015, 07:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahbellar View Post
Expressen has posted an article showing the chapel all set up. In the shot there is 10 chairs for the royal family- I think this indicates that no one in the immediate family is a godparent. Other thoughts?
Så blir det kungliga dopet av prins Nicolas | Nyheter | Expressen
At Leonore's christening they sat: Chris, Madeleine, the king, the queen, Eva O'Neill, Carl Philip, Daniel
http://wpmedia.ottawacitizen.com/201...0&h=630&crop=1

It would seem logical that of course Eva O'Neill sits with the royals this time too, so one of the royals is a godparent. It also looks that on the other side are 6 chairs for the godparents. Expressen has a long Live-broadcast from 09.00 to 17.00 with a lot of guests at the studio on the christening day.

Emma Pernald doesn't attend at the christening. Expressen claims that the reason is that Carl Philip does not want to see his ex-girlfriend at the church. According to Aftonbladet it is Sofia who doesn't want Emma there. Between Carl Philip and Emma is Madeleine who does not know what she should do.
- I will not go to the baptism, Emma Pernald confirms to Expressen.
Why?
- For different reasons. The reason is nothing that I need to share to the media. It is clear that it is a pity because I and Princess Madeleine are good friends.
Has it something with Carl Philip to do?
- Like said, the cause is not needed to be shared with the media.
When Princess Leonore was baptized Emma Pernald and her husband Tomas Jonson were invited, but chose at the last moment to jump off. Emma then stated that it was because of "illness".
Ulrika Näsholm, information officer at the court:
- We will give out the guest list on Sunday before the baptism.
Is it true that Emma will not participate because Carl Philip asked her not to be there?
- The guest list will be published on Sunday about those who will come.
Emma Pernald får inte komma på dopet _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation

It is extremely sad that the christening of Nicolas, a happy day of Madeleine and Chris, will be disturbed by this kind of thing.
Old 10-09-2015, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahbellar View Post
Så blir det kungliga dopet av prins Nicolas | Nyheter | Expressen
Depends where Chris mother will be seated. If she seats with he Royal Family then on chair is missing.
Old 10-09-2015, 10:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

From Aftonbladet:

Princess Madeleine wanted her best friend Emma Pernald as godmother to Prince Nicolas, according to a court source.
But just days before the ceremony Carl Philip's ex-girlfriend is ported from the church - after Princess Sofia's desire, said the source.
- For various reasons, I am unfortunately not able to attend the baptism, says Emma Pernald to Aftonbladet.

Expressen has previously written that Prince Carl Philip is one of those who have received the honor to be a godparent.
According to a court source prince would have been joined as a sponsor by his former girlfriend Emma Pernald.
- They have been talking about it and both Madeleine and Emma wanted it to be so, said the source.
Since the breakup with the Prince Emma Pernald married and had children. But she has been in the royal family's proximity - as one of Princess Madeleine's closest friends.
Because of their close relationship got Pernald therefore the question of becoming a godparent. But just days before Sunday's baptism came the turn from the royal family: Emma Pernald may not even come into the church.
Reportedly, Princess Sofia has difficult to accept the prince's ex-girlfriend and the atmosphere between them shall be icy, as several sources testified for a long time.
- It is because of Sofia to which the decision is based. She does not want Emma to be there, says the court source.
The announcement has stirred up emotions in the royal house.
- To Madeleine the whole situation is very difficult. She is caught between the royal family's public role and one of her best friends, says a court source.
- Unfortunately I will not be able to attend the christening of different reasons. The reasons are not needed to be shared with the media, says Emma Pernald.
Margareta Thorgren doesn't want to comment Emma Pernald's absence.
Aftonbladet has sought in vain Christina Saliba, who works with public relations for Princess Sofia.
Källa_ Hon skulle ha blivit prins Nicolas fadder – portas nu från kyrkan _ Nyheter _ Aftonbladet
Old 10-09-2015, 10:10 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Emma Pernald doesn't attend at the christening. Expressen claims that the reason is that Carl Philip does not want to see his ex-girlfriend at the church. According to Aftonbladet it is Sofia who doesn't want Emma there.
It is extremely sad that the christening of Nicolas, a happy day of Madeleine and Chris, will be disturbed by this kind of thing.
According to Aftonbladet Emma Pernald would not just have been a guest, Madeleine wanted her as a godparent, but Sofia didn't like that idea. Källa: Hon skulle ha blivit prins Nicolas fadder – portas nu från kyrkan | Nyheter | Aftonbladet
Old 10-09-2015, 10:27 AM
Majesty

Quote:
From Aftonbladet:

Princess Madeleine wanted her best friend Emma Pernald as godmother to Prince Nicolas, according to a court source.
But just days before the ceremony Carl Philip's ex-girlfriend is ported from the church - after Princess Sofia's desire, said the source.
- For various reasons, I am unfortunately not able to attend the baptism, says Emma Pernald to Aftonbladet.

Expressen has previously written that Prince Carl Philip is one of those who have received the honor to be a godparent.
According to a court source prince would have been joined as a sponsor by his former girlfriend Emma Pernald.
- They have been talking about it and both Madeleine and Emma wanted it to be so, said the source.
Since the breakup with the Prince Emma Pernald married and had children. But she has been in the royal family's proximity - as one of Princess Madeleine's closest friends.
Because of their close relationship got Pernald therefore the question of becoming a godparent. But just days before Sunday's baptism came the turn from the royal family: Emma Pernald may not even come into the church.
Reportedly, Princess Sofia has difficult to accept the prince's ex-girlfriend and the atmosphere between them shall be icy, as several sources testified for a long time.
- It is because of Sofia to which the decision is based. She does not want Emma to be there, says the court source.
The announcement has stirred up emotions in the royal house.
- To Madeleine the whole situation is very difficult. She is caught between the royal family's public role and one of her best friends, says a court source.
- Unfortunately I will not be able to attend the christening of different reasons. The reasons are not needed to be shared with the media, says Emma Pernald.
Margareta Thorgren doesn't want to comment Emma Pernald's absence.
Aftonbladet has sought in vain Christina Saliba, who works with public relations for Princess Sofia.
Källa_ Hon skulle ha blivit prins Nicolas fadder – portas nu från kyrkan _ Nyheter _ Aftonbladet
this is so undignified of them. it is madeleine's and nicholas' day - not CP and sofia's. CP and sofia need to show some maturity and accept things as they are if madeleine wants her long time girlfriend emma to be a godmother, now it turns out the poor girl will not only not be a godparent, she will just not be invited at all on the wishes of CP and sofia! it sounds to me so despotic, childish, immature and unroyal. 'noblesse oblige' is certainly not a concept that has been understood in certain parts of the family...
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-09-2015, 10:35 AM
Aristocracy

immature to me is madeleine. She may think that this is an uncomfortable position for his brother. Did you always want to see his ex.
How to create a melodrama for the baptism of his son.
Old 10-09-2015, 10:40 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't know what kind of threat Emma would be, to be honest: she has moved on, she is married now, has her own kids. She is a close friend of Madeleine and is not even allowed to attend the baptism of her best friend! I love how Emma has always kept a low profile and has given very poised answers to the press... Emma is a dignified lady for sure and it is sad that she can't even sit on the background of the church.
Old 10-09-2015, 10:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by quest View Post
immature to me is madeleine. She may think that this is an uncomfortable position for his brother. Did you always want to see his ex.
How to create a melodrama for the baptism of his son.
Madeleine has the right to invite one of her best friends to the baptism of her child. If the article in Aftonbladet tells the truth, Carl Philip and Sofia are very immature. Carl Philip and Sofia are married and it would be reasonable to them to accept that they see Emma now and then at some family event concerning Madeleine's family. They are not seeing Emma always, perhaps once a year or once in two years. Carl Philip claimed at a TV-interview that he has never felt love before he met Sofia. So Sofia should very confident about her position and seeing Emma at Nicolas's christening shouldn't be a problem. Emma has done nothing wrong. Madeleine has known Emma for over 15 years, should she now abandon one of her closest friends because of Sofia?
Both Emma and Sofia were at Madeleine's wedding, why can't Emma be at the christenings?
Old 10-09-2015, 10:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Let us keep in our head that it is Aftonbladet. No idea how it looks? See Aftonbladet: Sveriges nyhetskälla och mötesplats and the whole lay-out already screams: "gutter press". Take it with the necessary kilos of salt, please.
Old 10-09-2015, 10:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Madeleine has the right to invite one of her best friends to the baptism of her child. If the article in Aftonbladet tells the truth, Carl Philip and Sofia are very immature. Carl Philip and Sofia are married and it would be reasonable to them to accept that they see Emma now and then at some family event concerning Madeleine's family. They are not seeing Emma always, perhaps once a year or once in two years. Carl Philip claimed at a TV-interview that he has never felt love before he met Sofia. So Sofia should very confident about her position and seeing Emma at Nicolas's christening shouldn't be a problem. Emma has done nothing wrong. Madeleine has known Emma for over 15 years, should she now abandon one of her closest friends because of Sofia?
Both Emma and Sofia were at Madeleine's wedding, why can't Emma be at the christenings?

Well said LadyFinn!
Old 10-09-2015, 10:57 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:

Apparently this was not just an invitation but she wanted her godmother.
And nobody said it was a threat.
Did we want to have his 'ex' to family reunion for your godson. As a sister, she can not ask his brother what he thinks. No it is better to pass it off as a 'villain' in the press. And of course in Sofia.
Old 10-09-2015, 11:18 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Let us keep in our head that it is Aftonbladet. No idea how it looks? See Aftonbladet: Sveriges nyhetskälla och mötesplats and the whole lay-out already screams: "gutter press". Take it with the necessary kilos of salt, please.
I agree. Aftonbladet is a rag. Not a Hänt extra "triplets on the cover"-rag but a rag none the less. Ofc this was the story they would be going with. We have no proof more than Emma saying she won't be there.
Old 10-09-2015, 11:31 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Sofia imo has enough self confidence not to be intimidated by anyone. I did not follow CP and Emma's relationship but from what I read Emma is equally well grounded. If Emma were present the focus of the day and the headlines in Monday's papers would be about Emma and Princess Sofia not about the new prince. Maybe the PR of the court or Emma and her husband decided to avoid all the attention.