The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #61  
Old 09-30-2015, 09:08 AM
JR76's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess maggie View Post
Am I reading this post correctly? Has Ebba von Sydow left SVT

Yes!!! I'll never have to see her mess up a royal event with her incompetence again 💃🎉


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 09-30-2015, 09:09 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Yes!!! I'll never have to see her mess up a royal event with her incompetence again 💃🎉


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
WHAT?! I love her!!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 09-30-2015, 09:20 AM
JR76's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
WHAT?! I love her!!

I don't.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 09-30-2015, 09:28 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,501
According to SVT's TV chart for 11th October, SVT1 broadcasts the christening on 11.50-13.30, probably the broadcast at SVTplay in the internet has same coverage.
TV-tablå | SVT.se

I'm one of those who will not miss Ebba at all.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 10-02-2015, 06:20 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,501
Queen Silvia talked to Expressen about the christening on Thursday when she was in Landskrona.
The queen lit up and smiles when she gets questions about the grandchild.
- We are obviously very pleased. We look forward to the feast and the baby is doing well, it's a cute little boy.
The Queen adds that Nicolas has become big now, three months to be precise. She reveals that she participates actively in the preparation of the christening.
- Like all grandmothers, you always want to do your best and we wish of course, luck to the little boy.
What does the Queen do in practical terms of the christening?
- Ohh, that's a lot of work and the whole family is involved. There is everything from the invitation lists to who should be the godparents.
For the first time, the Queen comments also SVT circus surrounding the christening - first saying no thanks and then make a U-turn.
- We see it as very good, especially as SVT is our public service channel, and it feels like they have been involved from the very beginning, already 38 years ago.
The Queen is referring of course to the christening of Crown Princess Victoria - which took place 27 September 1977.
- We look very much forward to this and when it comes to SVT, it almost feels like a good friend by now.
Drottning Silvia hyllar SVT_s dopsändning _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 10-02-2015, 08:51 AM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 5,684
Thank you LadyFinn! Silvia responded in a very diplomatic way, as always.
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 10-05-2015, 10:42 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,501
Expressen Extra has written that the king wants to play down the baptism of Prince Nicolas. Stoppa pressarna quotes the article.
His Majesty would rather want that it would be a private, simple ceremony and far from the fuss prevailed when Princess Leonore, 1, was baptized.
The reason for this is the scenario that the King sees to come. Soon, Crown Princess Victoria has another child and then it's not long before princess Sofia becomes pregnant. All events of royal rank cost a lot of pennies for the monarch and additionally the mystique of the royal family is peeling with so many new members.
- It will be inflationary with the new princes and princesses in the future, says a source.
From the beginning the intention was that SVT would not send Prince Nicolas baptism of various reasons. The court and the king went on the same line and probably thought that this was the right decision. But after intense pressure from the public the state television withdrew their decision, and now it will be a televised baptism anyway.
Kungens skarpa besked till Madeleine _ Stoppa Pressarna
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 10-06-2015, 06:16 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: East Greenwich, United States
Posts: 8
Does anyone know the link or links to be able to watch the christening live? I am more than willing to rise early on a Sunday morning in order to see Estelle, Leonore, and Niicolas!
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 10-06-2015, 06:38 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 1,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Expressen Extra has written that the king wants to play down the baptism of Prince Nicolas. Stoppa pressarna quotes the article.
His Majesty would rather want that it would be a private, simple ceremony and far from the fuss prevailed when Princess Leonore, 1, was baptized.
The reason for this is the scenario that the King sees to come. Soon, Crown Princess Victoria has another child and then it's not long before princess Sofia becomes pregnant. All events of royal rank cost a lot of pennies for the monarch and additionally the mystique of the royal family is peeling with so many new members.
- It will be inflationary with the new princes and princesses in the future, says a source.
From the beginning the intention was that SVT would not send Prince Nicolas baptism of various reasons. The court and the king went on the same line and probably thought that this was the right decision. But after intense pressure from the public the state television withdrew their decision, and now it will be a televised baptism anyway.
Kungens skarpa besked till Madeleine _ Stoppa Pressarna
Curious, I was under the impression that the opposite was true, i.e. SVT didn't want to televise the christening and the Royal Court put pressure on them to televise it threatening to give the broadcasting rights to other private TV channels.

I agree though that all those weddings and public baptisms must be costing a lot of money. Where does the money come from ? Is it from the budget allocated to the Court Administration (otherwise known as the "appanage"), or is it from the King's private purse ?

On a different topic, I read on the Royal House website that the Royal Djurgården Administration (KDF), which is separate from the Court Administration, generates approximately SEK 130 million (over 15 million US$) in annual revenue, mostly from commercial rents and leases. Where does all that money go ? Is it paid back to the Swedish treasure like the revenue from the Crown estate in the UK or the Donation Royale in Belgium ? Or does it go to the Royal Court Administration ?
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 10-06-2015, 09:45 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 2,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Expressen Extra has written that the king wants to play down the baptism of Prince Nicolas. Stoppa pressarna quotes the article.
His Majesty would rather want that it would be a private, simple ceremony and far from the fuss prevailed when Princess Leonore, 1, was baptized.
The reason for this is the scenario that the King sees to come. Soon, Crown Princess Victoria has another child and then it's not long before princess Sofia becomes pregnant. All events of royal rank cost a lot of pennies for the monarch and additionally the mystique of the royal family is peeling with so many new members.
- It will be inflationary with the new princes and princesses in the future, says a source.
From the beginning the intention was that SVT would not send Prince Nicolas baptism of various reasons. The court and the king went on the same line and probably thought that this was the right decision. But after intense pressure from the public the state television withdrew their decision, and now it will be a televised baptism anyway.
Kungens skarpa besked till Madeleine _ Stoppa Pressarna
I would guess this is pure speculation. There are no more weddings for another 25+ years and within 5-6 years (purely a guess) there will not be any more new royal children to baptise. What is left for televised events will be funerals and lets hope that is way into the future. The royal family will not downplay the best PR they can get...cute babies and toddlers.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 10-07-2015, 02:42 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,501
The court has a special website for the christening:
Prins Nicolas dop - Sveriges Kungahus

Nicolas will be after the christening at King Karl XV's cradle, the same cradle used at Madeleine's and Leonore's christenings. The christening font is also the same used at Leonore's christening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
On a different topic, I read on the Royal House website that the Royal Djurgården Administration (KDF), which is separate from the Court Administration, generates approximately SEK 130 million (over 15 million US$) in annual revenue, mostly from commercial rents and leases. Where does all that money go ? Is it paid back to the Swedish treasure like the revenue from the Crown estate in the UK or the Donation Royale in Belgium ? Or does it go to the Royal Court Administration ?
"The Royal Djurgården Administration (KDF), obtains revenue in the form of rents and leases to cover its expenses. This administration is a separate accounting unit in its own right. It has an annual turnover of some SEK 130 million and about 32 employees. By agreement with the government, KDF is audited by the Parliamentary Auditors. "
Royal Finances - Sveriges Kungahus

Like said there, the SEK 130 million covers the expenses of The Royal Djurgården Administration.

More info about the work of the Royal Djurgården Administration:
Kungl. Djurgårdens förvaltning - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 10-07-2015, 08:29 AM
Queen Claude's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: USA, United States
Posts: 375
Hmmm that's interesting that Carl Gustaf was OK with Nicolas' christening not being broadcasted. I guess I understand the reasoning but like grevinnan stated, there's going to be a lot going on for the next few years and then probably a couple decades of no weddings or christenings. It will be interesting to see if Nicolas' christening differs from Estelle's and Leonore's christening and if it is a template for future christenings for this generation.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 10-07-2015, 08:37 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Claude View Post
Hmmm that's interesting that Carl Gustaf was OK with Nicolas' christening not being broadcasted. I guess I understand the reasoning but like grevinnan stated, there's going to be a lot going on for the next few years and then probably a couple decades of no weddings or christenings. It will be interesting to see if Nicolas' christening differs from Estelle's and Leonore's christening and if it is a template for future christenings for this generation.
I've never heard about the magazine and have a hunch that it's one of the less reputable magazines. I would take that report with a huge bowl of salt on the side.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 10-07-2015, 09:35 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 1,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The court has a special website for the christening:
Prins Nicolas dop - Sveriges Kungahus

Nicolas will be after the christening at King Karl XV's cradle, the same cradle used at Madeleine's and Leonore's christenings. The christening font is also the same used at Leonore's christening.



"The Royal Djurgården Administration (KDF), obtains revenue in the form of rents and leases to cover its expenses. This administration is a separate accounting unit in its own right. It has an annual turnover of some SEK 130 million and about 32 employees. By agreement with the government, KDF is audited by the Parliamentary Auditors. "
Royal Finances - Sveriges Kungahus

Like said there, the SEK 130 million covers the expenses of The Royal Djurgården Administration.

More info about the work of the Royal Djurgården Administration:
Kungl. Djurgårdens förvaltning - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

Thanks, LadyFinn.

It seems to me that SEK 130 million (roughly US$ 15 million) is a lot of money though to cover expenses only. For example, it is more than the appanage itself, which was SEK 63.3 million in 2013, plus the budget allocated to the royal palaces, which was SEK 60.8 million in the same year (not including ticket and merchandise sales to visitors). I'm pretty sure then that the Royal Djurgården Administration must generate a surplus. My question was if that surplus, after paying for expenses, was : (a) 100 % reinvested in the estate, or (b ) paid back to the Swedish treasure (as in other countries like the UK or Belgium), or (c) used for other purposes, e.g. to pay for other Court expenses.

I guess (c) would be out of question (maybe illegal ?) and, since we have never heard anything official about (b), then (a) must be true. I'd be fascinated to know more about it though.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 10-07-2015, 05:15 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Greater London, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
I would guess this is pure speculation. There are no more weddings for another 25+ years and within 5-6 years (purely a guess) there will not be any more new royal children to baptise. What is left for televised events will be funerals and lets hope that is way into the future. The royal family will not downplay the best PR they can get...cute babies and toddlers.

I agree. I understand the reasonings behind the article given that Nicolas is last in the line of succession (IIRC none of the Haga Princesses are still in line to the throne? Please correct me if I'm wrong), though Leonore had a large christening and Madeleine strikes me as someone who enjoys the privileges and pomp and ceremony that comes with being a princess. Therefore I can't imagine that Nicolas's christening will be very low key but more or less on the same scale as his older sister's.
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 10-07-2015, 07:11 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 2,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I agree. I understand the reasonings behind the article given that Nicolas is last in the line of succession (IIRC none of the Haga Princesses are still in line to the throne? Please correct me if I'm wrong), though Leonore had a large christening and Madeleine strikes me as someone who enjoys the privileges and pomp and ceremony that comes with being a princess. Therefore I can't imagine that Nicolas's christening will be very low key but more or less on the same scale as his older sister's.
Princess Madeleine's children are grandchildren of a reigning monarch and are also in the line of succession. They should be treated with the pomp and ceremony that comes with that position. The only child with a somewhat different position is Princess Estelle as she is the heir of the Crown Princess.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 10-07-2015, 07:34 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Greater London, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
Princess Madeleine's children are grandchildren of a reigning monarch and are also in the line of succession. They should be treated with the pomp and ceremony that comes with that position. The only child with a somewhat different position is Princess Estelle as she is the heir of the Crown Princess.

I never said that Leonore and Nicolas shouldn't be treated as such. I just said that in my opinion Madeleine comes across as liking the pomp and ceremony and other Royal privileges. It wasn't meant to come across as a criticism but more as an observation.
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 10-07-2015, 11:28 PM
Madame Verseau's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Louisville, United States
Posts: 354
I think the king made the statement about wishing Nicolas' christening was low key could be in reaction to the Riksdag's motion to investigate abolishing the monarchy. That would be a great argument - a very expensive parade with pomp and pageantry for a child that is 7th in line to the throne. Who pays for the christening? Carl Gustaf may be thinking not to give the elected anti-monarchists any ammunition.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 10-08-2015, 02:26 AM
eya eya is online now
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 5,450
The king himself gave to her children Madeleine royal titles. If you want a low-key baptism and not so much attention let's think before.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 10-08-2015, 02:50 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Thanks, LadyFinn.

It seems to me that SEK 130 million (roughly US$ 15 million) is a lot of money though to cover expenses only. For example, it is more than the appanage itself, which was SEK 63.3 million in 2013, plus the budget allocated to the royal palaces, which was SEK 60.8 million in the same year (not including ticket and merchandise sales to visitors). I'm pretty sure then that the Royal Djurgården Administration must generate a surplus. My question was if that surplus, after paying for expenses, was : (a) 100 % reinvested in the estate, or (b ) paid back to the Swedish treasure (as in other countries like the UK or Belgium), or (c) used for other purposes, e.g. to pay for other Court expenses.

I guess (c) would be out of question (maybe illegal ?) and, since we have never heard anything official about (b), then (a) must be true. I'd be fascinated to know more about it though.
If you read the article I posted a link to, about the Royal Djurgården Administration, at the website it is said "Intäkterna ska användas för att förbättra och försköna Djurgården". = The proceeds shall be used to improve and beautify Djurgården".
I think that it is quite clearly said where the money goes.

Expressen wrote yesterday about who have been invited to the christening. Louise Gottlieb said to Expressen that she is invited, goes with her boyfriend Ludvig Blomqvist and that they all look very much forward to Sunday. It will certainly be very nice.
Some politicians are invited: prime minister Stefan Löfven, party leader Anna Kinberg Batra, minister Morgan Johansson and first deputy speaker Tobias Billström. Minister Åsa Romson has been forced to decline to attend and prioritize other stuff. The governor of Ångermanland, Gunnar Holmgren, is invited because Prince Nicolas is the Duke of Ångermanland.
Sofi Fahrman is among the invited with her husband Nick Zijlstra, a financier who knows Chris O'Neill well. Others in the circle of friends who are also fully ready for baptism on Sunday are Katarina von Horn with her husband Robert, Natalie Werner with her husband Dag, Patrick Sommerlath and his Maline Sommerlath, Charlotte Cederlund with husband Christopher, Lovisa de Geer and Ellen Dinkelspiel with her husband Jan.
Prinsessan Madeleine och Chris O'Neill har sållat hårt i gästlistan till dopet av prins Nicolas _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
It's A Boy: HRH Prince Nicolas Paul Gustaf of Sweden: June 15, 2015 JessRulz Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill and Family 268 09-07-2015 09:20 PM
Prince Nicolas Romanovich passed away aged 92 lucien The Imperial Family of Russia 25 09-17-2014 08:32 PM
Princess Louise, Prince Aymeric and Prince Nicolas News and Pictures Part 2 Empress Prince Laurent, Princess Claire and Family 74 08-13-2013 05:26 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch state visit e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles prince oscar princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess stéphanie's daytime outfits psychopath queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 sheikh hamdan bin mohammed state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:05 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises