The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-11-2015, 07:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
The traditional hymn for Swedish christenings "Tryggare kan ingen vara". Very sweet but a nightmare to sing in tune.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
It was also at Estelle's and Leonore's christening. A lovely hymn.

Old 10-11-2015, 07:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Comparing this situation with Princess Royal Anne who did not wanted any tittle for her husband and Children , they have a free life wthout the RH.
At the dfferent Competition Zara is known as Zara Philips .
Could you imagine at the competition : and now we have HRH princess Zara of GB etc..

Old 10-11-2015, 07:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
He couldn't have learned some Swedish? His son is a Swedish prince for goodness' sake! At least some phrases..
Maybe he feel not so secure to speak swedish and he is afraid to make mistakes.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 10-11-2015, 07:17 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
He couldn't have learned some Swedish? His son is a Swedish prince for goodness' sake! At least some phrases..
You forget that Chris's family and friends are also present and I am guessing that none of them speak Swedish.

This service looks to cover all the bases of family, friends and faith.
Old 10-11-2015, 07:23 AM
Aristocracy

A lot of crying right now. Seems like one of the other babies are crying their heart out.
Old 10-11-2015, 07:25 AM
Courtier

Princess Leonor is very curious about the whole ceremony.... She reminds me of p.ss Ingrid Alexandra who also during her brother's christening was "visiting" the place.....
Old 10-11-2015, 07:25 AM
Royal Highness

They should ask Daniel or Victoria to hold the little one. They seem to be good at calming babies.
Old 10-11-2015, 07:26 AM
Courtier

Love how the archbishop welcomes the prince into not the Swedish church but the "church of the world"

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 10-11-2015, 07:29 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

What a beautiful looking day for the Royal Christening though several passerby's are wearing scarves so it must be a cold crisp morning in Stockholm!
Old 10-11-2015, 07:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cici View Post
A lot of crying right now. Seems like one of the other babies are crying their heart out.
Victor Magnuson and Frida Bergström have their little baby at the church, maybe he is crying too. Johan T Lindwall tells from the chapel that Elisabeth Zimmermann came and took Leonore, she and the other nanny Madeleine uses, Åse Blomqvist sit there at the back row. Estelle seems to have gone there too. According to Lindwall, it was Estelle, who brought the pacifier to Nicolas.
Old 10-11-2015, 07:32 AM
Heir Apparent

From a royal watcher's standpoint these televised events are lovely but it still strikes me as a bit intrusive.

Just different traditions but I'm conditioned to the British way and Walter Bagehot's maxim of 'We must not let daylight in upon the magic'

Nice service and and I for one think Sofia looks great. Always on point imo.
Old 10-11-2015, 07:33 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Victor Magnuson and Frida Bergström have their little baby at the church, maybe he is crying too.
Yes, there's another crying baby in the congregation.
Old 10-11-2015, 07:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Madeleine looks nice. Sofia not so much, but maybe it's just my impression.
I think it's Sofia's hair that is the distraction (and the bow, yes). Her dress is actually quite nice, It has some interesting ruffly details (I can't see much of it). Good color. Madeleine looks nice. The Queen looks wonderful. Loving the navy blue colors in the chapel. Chris' sister is very striking. Estelle is very well-behaved. Sum of my observations.

P.S. He's a fussy baby, like Madeleine was.

P.P.S. BTW, it's a small thing, but it looks to me like Madeleine's hair piece is the same color as Sofia's dress (kind of raspberry). A subtle gesture. If a gesture, nice.
Old 10-11-2015, 07:40 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
According to Lindwall, it was Estelle, who brought the pacifier to Nicolas.
One of the Magnusson brothers (I believe it was Oscar) hastily handed a dummy up to Chris via Princess Margaretha, then about a minute later Estelle came running back up to the altar (she literally leapt out of her seat at one point and went running towards the door) with a second dummy, presumably gotten from the nannies.
Old 10-11-2015, 07:50 AM
Royal Highness

My weather forecast says that the current temperature is 9 C (48 F) in Stockholm.
Old 10-11-2015, 07:53 AM
Majesty

For all the noise, it was a very sweet moment with Estelle rushing for a pacifier, regardless of who got there first.
Old 10-11-2015, 07:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
My weather forecast says that the current temperature is 9 C (48 F) in Stockholm.
That would explain Chris hurriedly wrapping the blanket around the baby once they were outside.
Old 10-11-2015, 07:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria, Daniel and Estelle
http://media.shootitlive.com/IpOA3xs...tonbladet/4012
http://media.shootitlive.com/IpOA3xs...tonbladet/4012
Old 10-11-2015, 08:03 AM
Commoner

Wow, one of the rare moments where I like Victorias appearance!
Old 10-11-2015, 08:07 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
For all the noise, it was a very sweet moment with Estelle rushing for a pacifier, regardless of who got there first.
Each baby of course reacts differently, but I must say the previous archbishop who christened Estelle seemed to be much gentler with babies as I recall from her baptism.

I imagine poor King Carl Gustaf must have been very nervous also when he was trying to give crying Nicolas the Seraphim order. But again, I don't see the point of conferring an order on a baby !