Winter Olympics 2006 - Turin

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are there any young royals who attended the opening?

Marengo said:
The dutch commentator jokingly promised a reward from the person who could identify the beauty who was seated next to Albert :)
I saw the Prince and Princess of Piedmont, Marina in brown furs I believe. Willem-Alexander and Maxima were also there, apparenly Maxima danced on the YMCA (I missed that part).

The show was very nice, and it is always a joy to see Sophia Loren of course :)

Great show I thought,magnifico!The dutch commentators were very extensive in their knowledge about the who is who and background info.Now,if we could just find the pic of Máxima dancing........

i have no idea who that woman seat with Prince Albert and she with him and meet Princess Anne if he had new girlfriend? if its would be rumor or not

I realize that this is really a current event, but as the thread is in the Royal Chit Chat forum, please don't post the pictures as attachments. Please use other hosting services for your images.

Norwegianne
TRF Supermoderator

lucien said:
Great show I thought,magnifico!The dutch commentators were very extensive in their knowledge about the who is who and background info.Now,if we could just find the pic of Máxima dancing........

well, Patrick posted some screencaps in the Willem-Alexander and Maxima current events thread :) She is clearly making a 'Y'.

King Harald looked pretty pleased with a silver and a bronze medal at the men's biathlon today. I was a bit amused at his friendly wave to someone, who seemed to congratulate him after the bronze winner went across the finish line.

Maxima dancing to "YMCA"???????!!!!!!!!!! Now that would have been a great Olympic moment to see!:cool: :D I watched the whole thing on NBC and not a single royal was shown.:mad: But Carla Bruni's Armani gown was super.

I'm also curious on who is the blonde next to Albert II? He is certantly showing off in public.

ps. When I clicked on the fourth thumbnail, Albert kissing the hand of the blonde, it crashed my page and I had to log in again.

Toledo said:
I'm also curious on who is the blonde next to Albert II? He is certantly showing off in public.

ps. When I clicked on the fourth thumbnail, Albert kissing the hand of the blonde, it crashed my page and I had to log in again.

hey Toledo,

according to Abaca's caption :
Prince Albert II of Monaco with a South African female friend, Charlene Wittstock, at the opening ceremony of the XX Winter Olympic Games in Turin, Italy, on February 10, 2006.

there's a discussion going on on Prince Albert's thread.. ;)

if you go to Abaca site (here & here), there must've been like more than 100 photos of them. :rolleyes: :D
looks like the press decide to focus on them and only took 1-2 photos of the other royals. so unfair.. :(

Henri & Marie Theresa at the Pairs Short Program
Getty Images

Thanks Purple_Platinum :)

Hi, Kwanfan! If you can read my mind you'll know that I hope Michelle Kwan gives all she got and wins that elussive gold medal this time around! I've been a fan of her for over three Winter Olympics , past the Lillihamer aftermath.

nayeli0016 said:
It does look serious. Has Prince Albert finally found his girl?

Maybe he was licking some mustard off her hand? Y'know how messy hot dogs can get. :p

Here are some photos... i think those weren't already posted!

1- Prince Albert and Princess Anne
(source: goff)
2 to 4- Prince Albert
(source: Abacapress)
5- King Harald
(source: unknown)

This sucks for Kwan. I was so sad for her when I read that she had to withdraw. A terrible way to end ones career.

Marengo said:
Well, he added the theatrical element, so we really know it is Italy ;) I liked the white handkerchief, such a drama queen!

Big Luciano and Sophia are for the foreigners, like those kitch souvenirs they sell for tourists in touristy cities:D

prince Frederik of denmark arrive in Turin Winter Olympis Februar 15

TRH Princesses Amalia and Alexia of The Netherlands attended speed-skating (3000 meter for women) today, with their parents. One was dressed with an orange shawl and the other on with an orange cap.

Tosca said:
Big Luciano and Sophia are for the foreigners, like those kitch souvenirs they sell for tourists in touristy cities:D

hm, I heard that they sold bad pizza's in tourist areas in Naples from an italian friend, but Luciano for the same ignorent tourists...we are being deceived ;)

Màxima, WA, Amalia&Alexia today
wwwmaawa.jpg

wwamaa.jpg

wwwwmaa2.jpg

Marengo said:
hm, I heard that they sold bad pizza's in tourist areas in Naples from an italian friend, but Luciano for the same ignorent tourists...we are being deceived ;)

Luciano and Sophia aren't much loved in Italy (perhaps they are in certains parts of Italy) . They both were involved with bad "tax stories". I don't know how much Luciano owes to the Italian Inland Revenue, but now he's a Monegasque citizen... so, bye, bye money...:)

As for Donna Sophia she's a naturalized Swiss citizen, so like many other fellow Italians I don't feel represented by those people, and since they no longer are Italian citizens, why call them to represent a country they've refused to belong to?
Honestly Donna Sophia already settled her scores with Italian law by accepting to go to jail for some time ( I can't recall how long she was jailed) back in the '70s, but now she seldom comes to her native country, but when she gets the money to.

I do not know anything about Naples' bad pizzas sold in tourist areas, because when we were in Naples my Mom forbade us to eat pizza ( if you wish I could explain you why she did via PM ).

I didn't mean to say that foreign tourists are ignorant. When you travel to Spain you expect to attend a flamenco show, so when you come to Italy you expect to listen to Pavarotti... I guess we're all in the same boat...;) :)

Does anyone know if the Greek royals are even at the Olympics?

finally... a royal get together... 2 crown prince !!

Denmark's Crown Prince Frederik (R) laughs with Norway's Crown Prince Haakon Magnus during the curling event at the Torino 2006 Olympic Winter Games in Pinerolo, Italy February 15, 2006.
REUTERS via yahoo/Andy Clark

It's so evident that the two of them enjoy spending time together.

cool, i like seeing them together. I am curious, in what language do they communicate?

lilytornado said:
cool, i like seeing them together. I am curious, in what language do they communicate?
Danish and Norwegian - the languages are similar enough.

Back
Top Bottom