Royals at the FIFA World Cup in Brazil: June - July 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
A thread to dicuss the attendance of various royals at these events.

The following monarchies are participating:

Spain
England & Australia
Belgium
The Netherlands
Japan

I suppose that we may see some royals from Qatar too, since they will host the event in the future.

yes, the emir of Qatar atended today the inauguration in Sao Paulo :)

:dutchflag::ausflag:
King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima will attend the match between The Netherlands and Australia on June 18.

Press Release

:englandflag:
Prince Harry will attend two matches while he is in Latin America on behalf of the British government: Cameroon and Brazil on June 23, and England and Costa Rica on June 24.

BBC Article

Last edited:
A thread to dicuss the attendance of various royals at these events.

The following monarchies are participating:

Spain
England & Australia
Belgium
The Netherlands
Japan

I suppose that we may see some royals from Qatar too, since they will host the event in the future.

Please note - unless The Queen herself is attending there will be NO Australian royals present as only HM The Queen is regarded as an Australian. The rest are British royals whose titles are acknowledged here but they are not Australians or hold Australian titles.

Also prince ali of Jordan FIFA vice president of Asia

King of the Netherlands Willem-Alexander (L) and his wife Queen Maxima (C) attend a Group B football match between Australia and the Netherlands at the Beira-Rio Stadium in Porto Alegre during the 2014 FIFA World Cup on June 18, 2014.

Picture gallery

Prince Pieter-Christiaan also attended today's match between Australia and the Netherlands:

** Pic **

Too bad Spain lost too early, otherwise we may see the new King and Queen in Brazil. :(

Too bad Spain lost too early, otherwise we may see the new King and Queen in Brazil. :(

Oh, yes, I was really looking forward to seeing Felipe & Letizia at the World Cup.
Also, Sofia. I have fond memories of seeing pictures of her as she went to visit the victorious Spanish squad in their dressing room during the last World Cup.

I also recall seeing some great pictures of Willem-Alexander & Freddie as they laughed, joked and hugged another and sat together while Holland and Denmark played one another.

I have a feeling a couple of cute little Belgian princes are over the moon right now:flowers: To bad they could not go with their parents.

...and Q Mathilde beautifully dresses in one of their national colours. It's always nice to see the Royals get excited at sporting events and supporting their teams

Between Belgium and the Netherlands our European Royal's have something to really be proud of; Spain and Britain not so much, at least on the sports front. Very surprising and disappointing.

The belgian players were crazy asking Philippe for pictures, thus we got a lot of SELFIES

Really cool of him to take those with the boys, who looked thrilled to have him and Mathilde there :D

I think we're starting to see a less "stiff" version of the King, he's much more comfortable in his own skin now and it shows.

The belgian players were crazy asking Philippe for pictures, thus we got a lot of SELFIES

Really cool of him to take those with the boys, who looked thrilled to have him and Mathilde there :D

I think we're starting to see a less "stiff" version of the King, he's much more comfortable in his own skin now and it shows.
those are great selfies:)
nice from him to join the players they must be excited to have King and Queen among them.

The brazilian royals are also attending the games, albeit in no official position.

Princess Maria Gabriel of Brazil, Princess Alix of Ligne and Princess Maria Beatriz of Orleans-Braganza watched Spain vs Chile.

And Prince Rafael and Princess Maria Gabriela of Brazil and Princess Ana Thereza of Orleans-Braganza watched Belgium and Russia.

Both games were held at Maracanã Stadium, in Rio de Janeiro.

Last edited:
The brazilian royals are also attending the games, albeit in no official position.

Princess Maria Gabriel of Brazil, Princess Alix of Ligne and Princess Maria Beatriz of Orleans-Braganza watched Spain vs Chile.

And Prince Rafael and Princess Maria Gabriela of Brazil and Princess Ana Thereza of Orleans-Braganza watched Belgium and Russia.

Both games where held at Maracanã Stadium, in Rio de Janeiro.

Why don't they attend games where Brazil is playing ? Aren't they welcome there ?

Why don't they attend games where Brazil is playing ? Aren't they welcome there ?

I have no doubt they are welcome there, Brazil is a Republica, but we still respect and admire the Imperial Family. But they live in Rio, and Brazil has not played at Maracanã yet, which will only happen if we reach the final.

And in the case of Prince Rafael and Princess Maria Gabriela, their mother is from Belgium, so it's understandable that they choose to support the Red Devils.

There are pictures of Andrea and Tatiana at the Colombia vs Uruguay game.
at newscom site .

Prince Albert attended the Quarter Final match between France and Germany today, July 4:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Back
Top Bottom