Royals at the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So the second day is slowly wrapping up, so far so good, can't wait to see what will happen tomorrow.

i thought the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate to say this...but I am going into royal picture withdrawal. We need to see our royals enjoying the games and soon please.

The Orange family looks wonderful in their color. It looks like they are having a wonderful time.

They did!

ANP Beeldbank

courtesy Robin Utrecht.:flowers:

Loved seeing them. WA gave an interview to NOS.nl, I have no clue what he is saying but it's on their website if anyone wants to see it.

Did you see that King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie of Greece were sitting next to the Dutch Royal Family?
Quite nice to see so many royals together!

the orange pictures are great! i love how they all dressed in orange to support their team! amalia seems to be a real fan!

wow the photos of the orange family it is so nice!!! they look they are enjoying it a lot! good for them! it is blond lady short hair next to them i wonder if this is the new argentinean babysitter?

good point ashelen, i also thought she may be the nanny, but wasn't sure about her being the argentinian one! hopefully the media will confirm...

Princess Catharina-Amalia is a big fan of Sven Kramer! She wanted a signature from him.

13-02-2010 Vancouver Princess Maxima and Prince Willem-Alexander with Princess Amalia, Princess Ariane ( with nanny/kindermeisje) and Princess Alexia at the Olympic Games in Vancouver during the Gold medal Ice speed race at the 5.000 km with Sven Kramer.
PPE Agency

Originally the Monaco Team had six members, then 4, and finally three:

Sébastien Gattuso and Patrice Servelle (bobsleigh) (five Olympiads each) and Alexandra Coletti (alpine ski).

None have any chance of winning medals, but Monaco has now participated eight times in the Winter Games, starting with Sarajevo in 1984, followed by 1988, 1992 and 1994 with PA.

The Red-and-White Team will compete today (Sun), Wed. 17typoth, Sat. 20th, Sunday 21st, Wednesday 24th, and Friday 26th.

JO Vancouver : trois Monégasques en lice | Portail info Monaco

BBC SPORT | Olympics | Vancouver 2010

Last edited:
the orange pictures are great! i love how they all dressed in orange to support their team! amalia seems to be a real fan!

good point ashelen, i also thought she may be the nanny, but wasn't sure about her being the argentinian one! hopefully the media will confirm...
she looks very european look,, but argentina is full of european inmigrants, so it is possible it is her but until soembody can confirm we are only guessing!

Who was the woman sitting next to former IOC chair Juan Antonio Samaranch at opening ceremonies? She looked incredible

she looks very european look,, but argentina is full of european inmigrants, so it is possible it is her but until soembody can confirm we are only guessing!

No,she's dutch,Miss Eveline van den Bent.

Last edited:
aww haha King Constantine's expression is too funny

Woohoo Canada just got their first gold I am SO happy right now

Last edited:
I do not think it, in Spain the winter sports are not very important, the Spanish team is small and there are few possibilities of medal. To Turin only they were one day to greet the sportsmen and sportswoman and to see a skier that was competing for medal.

The Spanish Royal Family goes to the Olympic Games in summer during their vacations and they do not consider it to be an official act. So it would be difficult enough that they could justify an official trip to Canada only to be present at the Olympic Games, that for the country are less important and without being members of the Spanish or International Olympic Committee.

Always they are represented by the Infanta Pilar who is a member of honor of the Olympic International Committee.

Too bad F&L are not going to the Olympics but I think Spain will do fine. They do have a lot of athletes. I saw the opening ceremony and besides the Infanta is also there to support the team. I enjoyed watching the pictures of the Dutch royals. They seemed to be having a lot of fun. It's also great that W&M brought their daughters to Canada.

The Medal Presenter, His Royal Highness Crown Prince Frederik of
Denmark, Member of the IOC, stands on the podium during the
medal ceremony for the Men's Biathlon 10 km Sprint at Whistler
Medal Plaza during the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Games, Whistler,
Canada, 14 February 2010.

-------> Pic

Florencia, thanks for the links.
This must have been prior to Frederik presenting the medals, I wish I could understand what they were saying.
Is that the Danish Team jacket that Mary is wearing?

Last edited:
the triple A looked cute and beautiful...wish christian and isabella were there too..loved the pics of the danish cp couple...more pictures please!!!

Also, Frederik, Mary and Haakon were later welcomed to the vice-regal box at the opening ceremony. I've since seen photographs and will try and find the source again later today.

I have a feeling their admittance to the vice-regal box had more to do with Frederik being a member of the IOC, rather than their royal repute, which would otherwise be the reason for their preferential treatment.

Back
Top Bottom