Royals at the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can see King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie behind Anne
I think they King Constantine and Queen Anne Marie have attended more openings than I can remember-Also nice to see Prince Albert with Miss Wittsock four years after Turin going strong and together again for Vancouver.

Interesting I Watched it on TV and havent seen any Royals.

I haven't seen any photo's/footage of The Infanta Pilar of Spain at the games,does anyone have any pictures ?

So glad they were all there I was scared they skipped out since the tv didn't show them, usually they show them.

I watched the opening ceremony on TV last night. I only saw Princess Anne and they didn't show any other royals. They used to show the European royals on TV in the past.

If (and that's a big if) he does go to the Olympics I don't think it would be officially, but privately.

It would be a wonderful experience for him to be able to go to the Olympics even just a weekend. I don't think Harry or William have ever attended an Olmypics have they?

They're showing the speed skating race right now, great to know the family is there. They keep mentioning the Netherlands so maybe if the skater wins they can go and present the medal to him.

Prince Haakon attended the biathlon sprint in Whistler today.

They're showing the speed skating race right now, great to know the family is there. They keep mentioning the Netherlands so maybe if the skater wins they can go and present the medal to him.

The Dutch skater Sven Kramer took out gold in the Men's 5000m Speed Skating, and they showed WA & Máxima on the screen a little while ago. The commentators blahed a little bit about the pair - "Big fans of the skating", etc.

The Dutch skater Sven Kramer took out gold in the Men's 5000m Speed Skating, and they showed WA & Máxima on the screen a little while ago. The commentators blahed a little bit about the pair - "Big fans of the skating", etc.
Did they? Damn it musta been when I was grabbing my soup. CTV told us to switch to Sportsnet to see the medals be given out, right now they're not showing anything I wonder if WA will present it to the Dutch speed skater.

Last edited:
"Svencouver" :lol: I love it!

Amalia looks to be really enjoying herself - throwing her orange beanie in the air! The girls even have their own passes (through either the IOC or Dutch NOC)

Not that I know of.

What a wonderfully good looking family Maxima, WA and their daughters....all this blond hair....

I hate to say this...but I am going into royal picture withdrawal. We need to see our royals enjoying the games and soon please.

The Orange family looks wonderful in their color. It looks like they are having a wonderful time.

Were the royals not seated in the VIP area with the Governor-General and IOC President? I think that seems a bit silly. I was suprised that the television broadcast did not show the royals at all. Usually, when their respective team enters the staium, you can see the Prince or Princess of X wavinf and holding a flag or something. I remember that that is what happened in Beijing.

No, the royals were not seated in the vice-regal box. I saw the Crown Princely couple of Denmark talking to one another in the crowd on TV yesterday before the opening ceremony began, but it was relatively brief.

wow the photos of the orange family it is so nice!!! they look they are enjoying it a lot! good for them! it is blond lady short hair next to them i wonder if this is the new argentinean babysitter?

This time instead of the royals sitting in the VIP box they brought members of the 4 host nations(these being the first nations) into the VIP box,

The nanny (if that's who she is), with maxima looks a lot like Maxima!!

This time instead of the royals sitting in the VIP box they brought members of the 4 host nations(these being the first nations) into the VIP box,

And rightly so.

It was my understanding that those seated in the vice-regal box were were elders of the 4 host nations. Is that correct?

The opening ceremony was nothing short of spectacular. A wonderful expression of Canadian hospitality, culture and joie de vivre. A classy high-tech visually stunning performance.

Australian-born artistic director David Atkin oversaw the opening ceremony in Vancouver, just as he did for the 2000 Olympics in Sydney so a job well done to him, yet again.

k.d. lang, who was the only one to have sung live I believe, was the icing on the cake. What a stellar performace. It made my spine tingle.

I really like Sarah McLachlan, though she seemed to be miming like Nelly Furtado and Brian Adam's who forgot his queue. Rather embarrassing I'd have thought, particularly when his voice was beaming out and his mouth wasn't moving.

Back
Top Bottom