Royals at the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kongehuset.no announced that the Norwegian Royal couple will attend the Winter games:
Kongehuset said:
Olympic games in Vancouver
Their Majesties The King and Queen attend the Olympic Games in Vancouver (20 - 28 February)

Well since I live in Vancouver I'll keep an eye out just incase I see one of them which I doubt but it's nice to dream.

The IOC session has begun and Anne will for sure be attending tomorrow. Will the other royals who are also members of the IOC attend?

Confirmed are CP Frederik and CP Willem-Alexander.

The Earl of Wessex will attend the Winter Paralympics.

Correct he will.

The Earl of Wessex Patron, British Paralympic Association, will attend the 2010 Paralympic Winter Games in Vancouver, Canada.

Any official word on Prince Albert.....he should be there since he is associated with the IOC

He should be, but no word yet.

According to the BRF list of engagements. Princess Anne will attend the following events.

11th Feb.
The Princess Royal Member, International Olympic Committee (IOC) will attend the 122nd IOC Session in Vancouver, Canada.

The Princess Royal President, British Olympic Association, will attend a Reception at Terminal City Club, 837 West Hasting Street, Vancouver, Canada.

12th Feb.
The Princess Royal Member, International Olympic Committee (IOC) will attend the 122nd IOC Session in Vancouver, Canada.

The Princess Royal Member, International Olympic Committee, will attend a Reception hosted by the Governor General of Canada at Hotel Vancouver, West Georgia Street, Vancouver, Canada.

The Princess Royal Member, International Olympic Committee (IOC) and President, British Olympic Association, will attend the Opening Ceremony of the Winter Olympic Games in Vancouver, Canada. (She's their until the 16th)

13th Feb.
The Princess Royal Member, International Olympic Committee, will attend a Reception hosted by the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office at the British Columbia Showcase, Robson Square, Vancouver, Canada.

14th Feb.
The Princess Royal will attend a Reception and Dinner hosted by the Lieutenant Governor of British Columbia at the Terminal City Club, 837 West Hasting Street, Vancouver, Canada.

15th Feb.
The Princess Royal President, British Olympic Association, will attend a Dinner at West Restaurant, 2881 Granville Street, Vancouver, Canada.

16th Feb.
The Princess RoyalMember, International Olympic Committee, will attend a Reception hosted by the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office at the British Columbia Showcase, Robson Square, Vancouver, Canada.

Other than Princess Anne and Carl Gustaf, I can't think of any other royals that were in here in Atlanta in 1996. Carl Gustaf is a car buff, especially American "muscle cars" and while here he visited "Year One" a local company that sells restoration parts.
I'm looking forward to the games and have been for some time.

Other than Princess Anne and Carl Gustaf, I can't think of any other royals that were in here in Atlanta in 1996. Carl Gustaf is a car buff, especially American "muscle cars" and while here he visited "Year One" a local company that sells restoration parts.
I'm looking forward to the games and have been for some time.

Prince Albert II, Henri, Duke of Luxembourg, Princess Nora of Liecenstein and King Constatine. Would of attended. As all 97 members of the IOC attended the games. :)

I hope we get some pictures today. I'll be going to watch the Torch relay at my college and then down Broadway tonight so I'll def have my camera on me today. Sometimes if a royal is in town and is spotted our local radio station usually reveals the location so I'll make sure to have the radio on.

Hopefull you will get lucky. In 1996 I got a picture of Al Gore (US Vice President at the time) and my souse got a couple of nice pictures of President Clinton

My mom passed by Queen Elizabeth park and she told me she saw lines of limos parked over there with the royal standards on them

How wonderful for royals to go and support their country, not to mention the VIP treatment they will receive while there. Lucky them!!;)

HRH Princess Anne, the Princess Royal attends the Great Britain
flag raising ceremony held at the athletes village ahead of the
Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics on February 11, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

What a thrill it must have been for the Danish athletes to have their future king intimately involved with them at their celebrations. They all look like they're having a blast!!:clap: Fred's going to be such a good king!

Does anyone think Prince Harry (or William) might go to see some of the Olympics, perhaps on the weekend?

So I saw Anne did they show anyone else? I'm exhausted and sick lol what a wirlwind 2 days it's been filled with tons of emotions

So here is a picture of Anne at the opening ceremonies
http://tinypic.com/r/21mfehc/6
credit: Newscom

Last edited:
Danish Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary during the Opening ceremony of the Vancouver 2010 XXI Olympic Winter games in Vancouver, Canada on February 12, 2010. Photo by Jean-Michel Psaila/ABACAPRESS.COM

Pics: McClatchy-Tribune | Visuals | Search

Crown Prince Haakon of Norway attends the opening ceremony for the Vancouver 2010 XXI Olympic Winter games in Vancouver, Canada on February 12, 2010

Pics: http://www.mct-international.com/visuals/search.php?query=prince haakon&type=visual

Prince Albert II of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock attend the opening ceremony for the Vancouver 2010 XXI Olympic Winter games in Vancouver, Canada on February 12, 2010.

Pics: http://www.mct-international.com/visuals/search.php?query=prince&type=visual

Princess Anne attends the opening ceremony for the Vancouver 2010 XXI Olympic Winter games in Vancouver, Canada on February 12, 2010.

Pics: http://www.mct-international.com/vi...H2&current=2&traverse=1&channel=16&view=thumb

Will Felipe and Letizia attend the Olympics? They attended the Turin Games before, right?

Will Felipe and Letizia attend the Olympics? They attended the Turin Games before, right?

I do not think it, in Spain the winter sports are not very important, the Spanish team is small and there are few possibilities of medal. To Turin only they were one day to greet the sportsmen and sportswoman and to see a skier that was competing for medal.

The Spanish Royal Family goes to the Olympic Games in summer during their vacations and they do not consider it to be an official act. So it would be difficult enough that they could justify an official trip to Canada only to be present at the Olympic Games, that for the country are less important and without being members of the Spanish or International Olympic Committee.

Always they are represented by the Infanta Pilar who is a member of honor of the Olympic International Committee.

When Australia had the Olympics many of the Royals stayed in the same hotel probably easier to secure one hotel rather than many), will the Royals be staying together in Canada?
What about special parties,receptions,etc.................hope we get some pictures of the Royals together

This is an awesome video (thanks Florencia!)! Frederik seems to be in a great mood and enjoying this interview! I actually had to smile along with him; it's nice seeing him so excited and cheerful!

Are there any Danish-speaking people around who could enlighten us as to what he's saying? I heard something about curling? And the caption said something about the interviewer asking him about coming down a slope with him?

Back
Top Bottom