Royals at the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The paralympics begin today. I know Edward is attending are any other royals going to be in attendance?

Prinsesse Märtha Louise of Norway will be there as well.

The paralympics begin today. I know Edward is attending are any other royals going to be in attendance?

HRH Princess Margriet of The Netherlands is already there for a few days and Crown Princess Victoria will join in as well.

Princess Märtha Louise smiles as she cheers on the Norwegian team during the third period of semi-final Ice Sledge Hockey action against the U.S. at the Vancouver 2010 Winter Paralympic Games March 18
Daylife

Princess Märtha Louise celebrates after Norway tied the game against Canada during their bronze medal sledge hockey game at the 2010 Paralympic Winter Games in Vancouver, March 19, 2010
Daylife
Daylife

Oh, how funny! I was at that game, sitting in the section to her left. I didn't know she was part of the Norwegian group cheering about 10 rows below us!

Princess Märtha Louise smiles as she cheers on the Norwegian team during the third period of semi-final Ice Sledge Hockey action against the U.S. at the Vancouver 2010 Winter Paralympic Games March 18
Daylife

Princess Märtha Louise celebrates after Norway tied the game against Canada during their bronze medal sledge hockey game at the 2010 Paralympic Winter Games in Vancouver, March 19, 2010
Daylife
Daylife

Prince Edward arrived in Vancouver on Thursday, March 18th.

Prince Edward visited the UBC Thunderbird Arena on Friday the 19th to watch the Czech Republic vs. South Korea Ice Sledge Hockey game. I was volunteering that day and was conveniently posted in front of the Paralympic Family lounge when he entered the building and when he returned to the lounge after the 1st period. Unfortunately, he didn't greet us. :sad:

It's too bad you missed her Kaiserin. Martha Louise looks like she's really into the game. :)

Harald and Sonja during an interview for a Canadian TV channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fxgt3Asw1U

I like this kind of casual interviews with the Royal couple. How funny that the reporter explains that first wore a suit and tie and got a sweater then, because he felt too overdressed next to the Royals. :D
"She would be very happy that the Queen of Norway fixed my sweater." :D - hahah.

Last edited:
What a great interview with the King and Queen of Norway. Thanks so much for posting! They're so down to earth, and it was funny to hear about the sweater and Facebook reference.

Back
Top Bottom