Royals at the 2008 Beijing Paralympics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyFinn

Imperial Majesty
City
Southwest
Country
Finland
At least Infanta Elena, crown princess Victoria and earl of Wessex are going to participate the Paralympic Games, so I thought it would be nice to have an own thread to this item.
Infanta Elena with the spanish athletes in Spain before they left to Beijing
Photo/Sport.es
Photo/Guias Amarillas Deportes
Photo/El Mundo
Infanta Elena participated at the flag raising ceremony at the Paralympic Games in Beijing and met the athletes.
Photo/Mundo Deportivo

China's President Hu Jintao and his wife Liu Yongquing greet Infanta Elena at the Great Hall of the People ahead a welcoming luncheon for the opening ceremony of the Beijing Paralympic Games
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife

President Hu Jintao and his wife pose with Belgian Princess Astrid and her husband ahead the luncheon
Xinhuanet
President Hu Jintao and his wife with Princess Margriet of the Netherlands before a welcoming luncheon
Xinhuanet
Chinese President Hu Jintao and his wife with Prince Felix of Luxembourg
Xinhuanet
President Hu Jintao and his wife with Jordanian Prince Ra'ad bin Zeid and his wife
Xinhuanet
Chinese President Hu Jintao and his wife with Jordanian Prince Feisal Al Hussein
Xinhuanet
Crown princess Victoria and Earl of Wessex will arrive to Beijing on the 8th September.

I flicked through the TV channels earlier today and saw what looked to be the entry of the Paralympians into the opening ceremony, so I'm guessing we should start to see some pictures of royals at events in the near future!

Royals waving to their ahtletes during the opening ceremony of the Paralympic Games
Infanta Elena
Belga
Princess Astrid and prince Lorenz
Belga
Prince Felix
Belga

Thanks for the information. I am glad to see that the royals have remained in Beijing for the Paralympics.

Well let me rephrase that, I'm glad to see the Royals have returned to Beijing. It's incredibly important to support those participating in the Paralympics.

It's just a shame that this thread has so little support.

It´s a pity that there aren´t more photos of the royals at the paralympics.
Here´s one:
Crown Princess Victoria watches the final of Mixed R5-10m Air Rifle Prone-SH2 of shooting event
Belga

I have looked as well. Sorry :(

Earl of Wessex, Prince Edward watches as British Paralympic rider Lee Pearson compete in the Individual Championship Test Grade Ib Dressage on day three of the Equestrian Events of the Beijing 2008 Paralympic Games
Belga
Crown princess Victoria congratulates swedish Viktoria Wedin for the bronze medal at the mixed R5-10m air rifle prone sh2
Handikappidrott
Victoria visited also the swedish basketball team
Handikappidrott
Infanta Elena hands out the gold medal to spanish Teresa Perales at the women´s 200m freestyle -S5 swimming
Vanitatis

Well let me rephrase that, I'm glad to see the Royals have returned to Beijing. It's incredibly important to support those participating in the Paralympics.

It's just a shame that this thread has so little support.

Oh I agree with you.Hardly any support at all,while these athletes have to often make twice the effort to get where they are today.

ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank

Inspiring people.Think again,before one complains about an ache here or there....

Agreed. Thanks for posting the pics. I'm sure to some it wasn't just about PR but geniunely caring about people.

Prince Edward applauds as he watches the equestrian individual championship test grade 1b
Daylife
Peter Phillips and his wife Autumn Kelly watch the equestrian individual championship test grade 1b
Daylife

Thank you for the photos. I'm sad that there is very limited coverage of these athletes and their endeavors.

It´s sad that there was a problem with the photos I posted earlier today.
These photos should be working:

Crown Princess Victoria visited the shooting area:
IBL Bildbyrå
Crown Princess Victoria congratulates shooting star Jonas Jakobsson celebrates after he won gold medal in the Men's R7-50m Free Rifle 3¡Á40-SH1 Final of the Beijing Paralympic Shooting event
Belga
Victoria met Chinese Vice President Xi Jinping at the Great Hall of the People
Belga

I can't see the pics of princess victoria:!

Doesn' t work for me, too!

LadyFinn, thank you so much for all the efforts you make to find all those great articles and pictures for us and post them here and let us participate. Your work is really highly appreciated. :flowers:
Unfortunately, the last posted pictures don't seem to work.
For me it is a pitty too, that all the major picture agencies don't seem to be interested in the Paralympic Games. The athlets deserve much more public interest and respect. What they are able to do is fantastic.

Canadian Lauren Barwick receives the gold medal from Prince Edward after competing in the equestrian freestyle grade II
Daylife
Crown princess Victoria with bronze medalist Viktoria Wedin
Aftonbladet
Crown Princess Victoria with gold medalist Jonas Jakobsson
Handikappidrott
Getty Images
Crown princess Victoria at the wheelchair basketball match
Pure People/La princesse Victoria, cette Suédoise est complètement dingue !
Svensk Damtidning
Svensk Damtidning
MCT International
Crown princess Victoria at the medal ceremony and chatting with a chinese hostess
MCT International
Prince Edward and Peter Phillips watch the equestrian individual championship test grade 1b
Belga

Crown princess Victoria at a reception at the Swedish Embassy in Beijing today
MCT International
Victoria visits Care and Rehabilitation Expo China
MCT International
Victoria at the medal ceremony
Pure People/La princesse Victoria de Suède s'est rhabillée !
progress.gif

Thank you all that have provided the photo's for these Paralympics. I have really enjoyed them. :flowers:

It is unfortunate that there is not more coverage, although the presence of royalty is helping to raise the profile because where they go cameras are sure to follow. :cool:

Lauren Barwick of Canada receives a Gold medal from Prince Edward with horse Maile after winning the Paralympic Equestrian Individual Championship Test
Getty Images
Prince Edward watches Great Britain on their way to winning Gold in the Boccia final between Great Britain and Portugal
Getty Images
Prince Felix at a medal ceremony
PPE
PPE
PPE
PPE
PPE
Crown Princess Victoria awards gold medals to Nick Scandone and Maureen Mckinnon Tucker of the United States during the awarding ceremony after the 2P keelboat (Skud18) of the sailing event
Belga
Belga

Back
Top Bottom