Royals at the 2008 Beijing Olympics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is a link to a dansh news update site.

Forside - dr.dk/NETTV/Update

Unless the site has just been updated since this post was made - you have to scroll down to clip no. 3 which is an interview with the dressage team and Princess Benedikte.

Clip no.27 shows Constantine giving Princess Nathalie the medal.
When I try to open it I see this:
dr.dk tv Live is only viewable for users with a danish IP-number. etc.

Princess Haya, president of the International Equestrian Federation (IEF), attends a press conference held in the Olympic co-host city of Hong Kong, China, Aug 15, 2008.
Photoshot

I think Federer is still in contention with a doubles match. I hope he wins.

When I try to open it I see this:
dr.dk tv Live is only viewable for users with a danish IP-number. etc.

I didn't know it was limited that way. I have tryed to copi the clips in order to post them here - but that isn't possible either though I have done so with clips before. Why they have changed this I don't know:bang:

I didn't know it was limited that way. I have tryed to copi the clips in order to post them here - but that isn't possible either though I have done so with clips before. Why they have changed this I don't know:bang:

The rights to the Olympic broadcasts have been limited so it can mostly just be seen in the country of origin, unless people have the actual physical channels in their tv package. :flowers:

Ok - thanks for your reply Norwegianne:flowers:

Prince Albert II of Monaco attends, with an unidentified woman, the men's team sprint, during the Day 7 of the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games at the Laoshan Velodrome in Beijing, China on August 15, 2008
Maxima and Willem are there too
Abaca Press Americas Search Results

There are 2 more M & WA pics at ANP Beedlebank

t's one of those eternal agnency-mistakes. They just love to add the former surnames of the Royal Ladies.
Like Princess Letizia Ortiz, Crown Princess Mary Donaldson or Queen Sonja Haraldsen.
Probably they want people to realize directly that the person is a born commoner. Who knows... :whistling:[/quote]
in the Spanish (and latinamerican) tradition women don't change their name when they marry. They keep their last names forever, they only change their title and if they want they add their husband's name to their own

King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia attend at swimming finals
Daylife
King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia watch men's single sculls
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Queen Sofia and Infanta Cristina at a handball match
El Pais
El Pais
Sofia, Cristina and Inaki Urdangarin at a handball match between Spain and France.
Daylife
I´m sure it was painful for Inaki - Spain lost.
I admire all the spanish royals for wearing the clothes of team Spain while supporting their athletes.

Wow I just saw royals at the olympics on my tv for the first time! The Infanta and the Queen were at the velodrome tonight. They were with someone else but I didnt see who, was too focused on the women!!! :)

Saw that too Marmi and weren't they ecstatic over the victory.

Stellad

I expect Iñaki was just itching to get up there and play! Sofia seemed to be having a great time.

LadyFinn said:
Sofia, Cristina and Inaki Urdangarin at a handball match between Spain and France.
Daylife
I´m sure it was painful for Inaki - Spain lost.
I admire all the spanish royals for wearing the clothes of team Spain while supporting their athletes.

That first picture of Queen Sofia is hilarious!

It'll be Gonzalez vs Blake and Djokovic vs Nadal. ;)

Blake should've won, because the ball clearly hit Gonzalez's racket before bouncing out! But G didn't own-up to it and the Ref wouldn't change his call. NBCOlympics.com - Blake loses shot at gold Then he lost his Bronze medal match. http://www.nbcolympics.com/tennis/news/newsid=223242.html#djokovic+bests+blake+bronze I wouldn't hold it against Blake if his heart just wasn't in it for that game.

NBCOlympics.com - Shooter fails doping test; U.S. gets bronze
I heard a quick blip about this on the news and went to my Dad who shoots. I was wondering what exactly one would take drug-wise that could possible give you an advantage in Shooting! Of all the sports one could cheat at with drug use, SHOOTING?!:ohmy:

I'll be glad when NBC leaves the Water Cube. They've spent so much time there I'm starting to get sea-sick!

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for all the links... it didn't take Queen Silvia and King Carl Gustaf long to catch the olympic romantic spirit, didn't they meet at the olympics too? i enjoy these natural photos so much, thanks again.

Prince Albert II of Monaco and his girlfriend Charlene Wittstock sit with the Spanish Olympic delegation to watch the Men semi Final opposing Spain's Rafael Nadal to Serbia Novak Djokovic at the Olympic Green Tennis Center in Beijing, China on August 15, 2008
Abaca Press Americas Search Results

The individual Grand Prix Special is just over and Princess Nathalie and Digby are qualified for the individual final on Tuesday, the Grand Prix Kür where she will ride to music from "West Side Story" :D They are currently on 12th place, again the best Danes.

A little earlier today, also evening time in China, King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia watched Thomas Johansson and Simon Aspelin take the silver medal while Switzerland's Stanislas Wawrinka and Roger Federer took the gold in the men's double tennis.

King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia watching tennis -Tomas Johansson and Simon Aspelin lost the Olympic final with 3-1 in men´s double against Roger Federer and Stanislas Wawrinka, Switzerland.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank Silvia is excited :flowers:
ANP Beeldbank
I´m so happy that Roger Federer got his olympic gold, he is such a great tennis player and great athlete!
Queen Sofia watching athletics
20minutos
Sofia, Cristina and Inaki
Rtve
Diario de Navarra
Sofia and Cristina with Spanish gold medalist at men´s point cycling at the velodrome, Joan Llaneras
Marca

Fantastic, Roger Federer and Stanislas Wawrinka won gold!
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife
Usain Bolt was just unbelievable at the men´s 100 hundred meters - new brilliant world record even though he started celebrating already while he was running.
Daylife

I like to watch sport a lot, so olympics are royal time to me. I like especially athletics, tennis, gymnastics and rowing. At these olympics I have noticed that shooting can be very exciting, I have been watching a lot of shooting competitions.

Thanks for the informations and links LadyFinn!

Don't official welcome ceremony of the Olympic Organisation for the Swedish royal couple in the heatquater yesterday or today?

:britflag:Great day for us 4Gold also silver and four bronze medals ...come on GB!!!!!:D

Back
Top Bottom