Royals at the 2008 Beijing Olympics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Prince Felipe of Spain attends the men's preliminary basketball match Spain vs Greece at the Olympic basketball gymnasium during the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games on August 10

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

During the game with Rafal Nadal

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

King Constantine of Greece, Queen Anne-Marie and Prince Felipe of Spain

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/09xlgaX6ogbgc/340x.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/08A8bON6Vg4ub/610x.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0eXX9zn4Oj8NZ/340x.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/01iVfcub7jc7q/340x.jpg

Wonderful couple Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Maxima.

Nice to see Felipe with his uncle and aunt. They must have had a little friendly rivalry at the match between Spain and Greece.
Felipe and Letizia yesterday at the basketball match. They lived with the game every minute.
La Repubblica

King Harald with Chinese President Hu Jintao
Daylife

Last edited:
Lovely to see the interaction between Crown Princess Mary and Princess Maxima. We never usually see much of these two, together, so it's nice to seem them chattting and sharing a laugh...:flowers:

Beautiful photos. Thanks for posting. Keep them coming. So interesting to see them how they interact on a personal level.

Both Frederik and Mary look wonderful. Frederik especially looks happy and relaxed and attractive in causual sporty gear compared to this:
I don't know what it is about Frederik. He has access to the very best tailors in the world and still he looks like his suits don't fit properly or are the very least, very uncomfortable.

Fortunately, he still looks dynamite in Uniform. :whistling:

Oh Marge. The couple behind them is Mitt Romney and his wife. (He ran for the US Republican presidential nominee's post and was instrumental in the planning of the Olympics in Utah)

Frederick looks very nice. It must be the heat that makes his suit look wrinkled. Perhaps he has a cell phone attached to his belt and bulges on the side, BUT why is he wearing a black belt with a khaki suit??

Perhaps he has a cell phone attached to his belt and bulges on the side, BUT why is he wearing a black belt with a khaki suit??
I rest my case!! Where are Trinny and Suzanna when you really need them? :D

... and the lovely pictures of Maxima, Mary, Frederik and Willem-Alexander talking together .

McClatchy-Tribune | Visuals | Search

It's the 10 first pictures, click on the shots to see bigger.
Is it just me -- but, Maxima and Mary seem to enjoy talking and laughing with each other and W-A smiled and kissed Mary on the cheek but Fred and W-A didn't seem all that glad to be in each other's company. Is there a reason for this or am I just seeing these pictures wrong. Normally the men would be in a conversation while the wives talked. These two stayed a good distance away from each other. Is it just that they have nothing in common?

Harold and Sonja are - as are all the other royals - wearing their respective countries olympic outfits.

Is it just that they have nothing in common?

These two have known each other all their lives and are said to be good mates. Not best friends, but good friends nonetheless.

Mary and Federik even stayed with Willem and Maxima back in 2005 I think it was (possibly 2004) for a hunting weekend.

The same could also be said for the Duke of Brabant who was sitting right infront of both Mary and Frederik during the opening ceremony and yet there are no pictures of them talking. Phillippe didn't turn around. And yet, both he and his wife, the Duchess of Brabant, were guests at Frederik's 40th birthday party.

It's easy to forget that we only see a few seconds captured on film. We don't see what happened before and after that.
Is it just me -- but, Maxima and Mary seem to enjoy talking and laughing with each other and W-A smiled and kissed Mary on the cheek but Fred and W-A didn't seem all that glad to be in each other's company. Is there a reason for this or am I just seeing these pictures wrong. Normally the men would be in a conversation while the wives talked. These two stayed a good distance away from each other. Is it just that they have nothing in common?
No, no. You are reading too much into it. :) I'm sure we all do that sometimes. Yesterday Frederik and W-A were at a luncheon reception for royals with the Chinese Vice President. They looked very pally, chatting happily and laughing together as they walked in. So they have already had a chance for a good catch-up.
There was a video clip on Danish DR website.

It's easy to forget that we only see a few seconds captured on film. We don't see what happened before and after that.

No, no. You are reading too much into it. :) I'm sure we all do that sometimes. Yesterday Frederik and W-A were at a luncheon reception for royals with the Chinese Vice President. They looked very pally, chatting happily and laughing together as they walked in. So they have already had a chance for a good catch-up.
There was a video clip on Danish DR website.
Thank you all for anwers. I am glad that all the Royal "next generation" get along well -- easier to talk to each other when they rule their countries and trouble starts in world. Don't have to be so formal and can speak freely to each other.

Madrid is a candidate to host olympics 2016, today in Beijing was a press conference about it.
Prince Felipe, Juan Antonio Samaranch and the mayor of Madrid, Alberto Ruíz Gallardón at the press center in Beijing.
El Confidential
Has Letizia already flown home?

Back
Top Bottom