Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Qatar crown Prince Tamim
Dutch Crown Prince Willem-Alexander
Danish Crown Prince Frederik Andre Henrik Christian
British Princess Anne Elizabeth Alice Louise
Luxembourg Grand Duke Henri Albert Gabriel Felix Marie Guillaume
Former U.S. State Secretary Henry Alfred Kissinger have arrived on Monday to Beijing

Source

Old 08-05-2008, 02:24 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
albert of monaco arrived in beijing today, with charlene. Noticias breves de actualidad
Here is a link with the information in english:
Albert of Monaco leads famous faces arriving in Beijing for Games

Old 08-05-2008, 02:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Id love it if Lady Gabriella showed up !
Old 08-06-2008, 02:13 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

The 120th Session of the IOC was opened on August 4th. All the members of the IOC attended. Here is a (grainy) photo of the whole group, I've circled Princess Anne and Grand Duke Henri in this version of the photo (they were the only ones I could spot!)

And Crown Prince Frederik also attened the opening, picture here

(Xinhua Photo, Thomas Wilmann)
Old 08-06-2008, 05:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks JessRulz, the photo really is grainy, you did well with the 2 you found.
I love Frederik's tie (he doesn't have his own fashion thread for me to say that in does he??? lol)
Old 08-06-2008, 06:08 AM
Aristocracy

An article (in German) of Grand Duc Henri and the Lux Olympic team. For more pictures click on Mehr Fotos: Einzug der Luxemburger Delegation. Furthermore a small interview with the Grand Duc can be found.
http://www.wort.lu/articles/6628275.html
Old 08-06-2008, 06:10 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Here is a schedule of events that Prince Frederik & Princess Mary will have during the games. They seem to be pretty busy.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:46 AM
Heir Apparent

The games got off to a good start today (well, for me, anyway ), when Norway beat the US 2-0 in football. Both goals were scored within the first four minutes of the match, and even though there were big chances in the rest of the match, they were either over the goal, or the goalies kept in control.

This is a very good beginning of the games for Norway.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:04 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
Is anyone going to be boycotting the Olympics? I don't support China's human rights violations, so I won't be giving NBC or any the sponsors my time or money.
i'm also boycotting, i'm not buying anything with olympic logos (OMG had to switch from coke to dr pepper) i've written emails to NBC and sponsors as i find them. everyone keeps saying keep politics out of the games, CHINA has turned it into a political game. the corruption and "favors" have exposed the IOC for what it is, a bunch of criminals that will do anything for $$$. (i hope there's an investigation and charges!)

i saw the story about the chinese team and training....torture, kidnapping and child abuse DISGUSTING (but i'm not surprised, the story was probably only the tip of the iceberg)

there's tight censorship on what can be written about in china, i hope when they all get home to freedom, journalists have the GUTS to tell the truth.

i only hope this sham of the games doesn't doom the olympics forever, i personnally have no respect for the IOC and hope all these trials, lies, tribulations and headaces are keeping them awake nights (it's not enough but it's the best i can hope for)
Old 08-06-2008, 10:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Yesterday evening Princess Haya as president of FEI hosted a "Hong Kong Night" at The Hong Kong Jockey Club's Beijing Clubhouse. Prince Albert, Charlene Wittstock and Infanta Pilar were among the guests :)
Old 08-07-2008, 05:41 AM
Heir Apparent

here's a bigger picture of the 120th session of the IOC: http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20...3453159018.jpg

i'm sure the welcome reception and lunch by president hintao will be a real gathering of royals and statespeople! quite an event to look forward to. i wonder what the agenda or the protocol would be like..
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 08-07-2008, 05:47 AM
Heir Apparent

here's the agenda for the prince and princess of asturias in beijing: click on mas informacion to see details (in spanish)
  • Recepción de bienvenida al Equipo Olímpico Español: welcome reception to the spanish olympic team

Más información
  • Almuerzo a los dignatarios extranjeros asistentes a la ceremonia de inauguración de los XXIX Juegos Olímpicos, ofrecido por S.E. el Presidente de la República Popular China, Sr. Hu Jintao: welcome lunch for foreign representants by the president, hu jintao.

Más información
  • Ceremonia de inauguración de los XXIX Juegos Olímpicos: opening ceremony of the games

Más información
  • Almuerzo ofrecido por el Vicepresidente de la República Popular China, Sr. Xi Jinping: lunch by the vicepresident.

Más información
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 08-07-2008, 05:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Crown prince Frederik at the flag-raising ceremony of the Olympic delegation of Denmark at the Olympic Village
Xinhua
Xinhua
Xinhua
Xinhua
Old 08-07-2008, 06:11 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige...20Beijing.aspx

Article and picture of Princess Mary arriving in Beijing earlier today

BEIJING - August 7: Crown Prince Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands talks with the President of the International Olympic Committee Jacques Rogge and the IOC's Director General Urs Lacotte before a meeting of the 120th IOC Session

(Belga)
Old 08-07-2008, 08:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock at the Monaco flag raising ceremony in the Olympic Village.
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
Old 08-07-2008, 09:54 AM
Courtier

video from Tve
Princes of Asturias in Beijing

Old 08-07-2008, 10:30 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Princess Mary of Denmark smiles during the Australian Olympic team reception at the Sofitel Wanda ahead of the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games on August 7, 2008 in Beijing, China.

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Mary looks radiant & beaming. Nice gesture of an aussie-girl-turned-into-danish-princess to see the Australian Team too. Fred becomes more and more a spitting image of his mother.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:31 AM
Courtier

Did any of the Royals (other than CP of Denmark) bring their children ?
Old 08-07-2008, 10:35 AM

Welcome China, welcome them
Old 08-07-2008, 10:37 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndaW View Post
Did any of the Royals (other than CP of Denmark) bring their children ?
Felipe & Letizia left them at home and I doubt WA & Maxima will bring them along. Don't think Beijing is a place for small children to be around, only busy and hot and given the parents have to attend events they would end up with the full time nanny anyway (as they do at home now).

Tags
beijing 2008, olympic games, olympics, summer olympics