The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal International Events

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-17-2008, 06:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeleine victoria View Post
I understand the SRF take turns in going to China to support their delegation. Good to see the Queen and Cristina enjoying the games. Will ELena come to China?
Infanta Elena will attend as guest of honour at the opening of the XIII Paralympic Games in Beijing on September 8th. Dona Elena is the Honorary president of the Spanish Paralympic Committee.

Old 08-17-2008, 08:15 AM
Aristocracy

I like this photo of King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia from yesterday. Seems as if Carl Gustaf tried to take a picture of his Queen.

http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?p...8029776&pos=26

Old 08-17-2008, 09:26 AM
Serene Highness

Wink

Yes, it's a nice pic!

But the king made a photo of Anne-Marie of Greece, not of Queen Silvia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvia❦CarlGustaf View Post
I like this photo of King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia from yesterday. Seems as if Carl Gustaf tried to take a picture of his Queen.

ANP Beeldbank
Old 08-17-2008, 10:00 AM
Aristocracy

Oh yes, you are right.
I didn't noticed Queen Anne-Marie in the top of the picture. First it seems like he holds the camera to Silvia, but when you watch it twice you can see that he puts it on his cousin Anne-Marie.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:16 AM
Heir Apparent

It start!

Friday for Poland - 2 medals: 1 gold (men's shot put), 1 silver (men's team epee).

Sunday - 4 medals: 1 gold (men's quadruple sculls), 2 silver (lightweight men's four, weightlifting: men's 94 kg), 1 bronze (wrestling: women's freestyle 72 kg)
Old 08-17-2008, 11:57 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
- it was a weird scenario and protests are coming in now because conditions were so rough at sea that many boats capsized. So perhaps it will mean that the whole race will have to start anew.
Some protest are about the Danish team using the Croate boat. The other teams could only se the Croate banner and not the Danish one - therefore they didn't know Denmark was in the race,

I think it is a fair protest but unforturnatly it might result in Denmark getting disqualified.

Still the danish team did a fantastic job and the Croats deserve a .
Old 08-17-2008, 12:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Sofia, Infanta Cristina and Inaki Urdangarin watch how Rafael Nadal wins olympic gold in tennis.
Daylife
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
El Pais
King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia during their visit at the Lama temple in Beijing
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Queen Sonja waves a national flag while watching the the women's preliminary group A handball match between Norway and Romania
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Prince Albert gives the silver medal to Eunice Jepkorir of KEnya on the podium after the women's 3000m steeplechase final
ANP Beeldbank
... and the gold medal to Russia's Gulnara Galkina-Samitova
ANP Beeldbank
Daylife
Old 08-17-2008, 01:37 PM
Aristocracy

It is wonderful to see how falsely informed the agencys are. The picture-information says "The Queen Margreth of Denmark and her husband Prince Henri visit the Lama Temple in Beijing". And who is on the pictures?Not Queen Margrethe and her husband Prince Henrik.
On the pictures are the King and queen of Sweden. I think it is embarrassingly for the agencys that the don't know the correct names of the people the take a photo from.

All the same, I am excited to see so many pictures of the european royals at the Olympic Games. I'm a total sportsfreak and a total fan of the european royal families. To connect both is madly.
Unfortunately the Games will end next sunday. From me they should take place every year, but then this event would lost his special spirit.

Hope, next week there will be as many pictures as last week.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Royal watches the swimming events on Friday
Daylife
Princess Royal gives the gold medal to Britain´s Ben Ainslie (Finn dinghy sailing)
Daylife
Getty Images
Getty Images
Britain's Yngling team Pippa Wilson, Sarah Webb and Sarah Ayton are congratulated by Princess Royal after winning the gold medal during the Yngling three-women keelboat sailing competition
Daylife
Infanta Cristina and Inaki Urdangarin watching Anabel Medina Garrigues and Virginia Ruanoy playing against Serena and Venus Williams in women´s tennis doubles.
RTVE
Old 08-17-2008, 01:58 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post
And Phelps officially breaks Mark Spitz's record -- I still have chills from watching that last relay!
¡Me too! But Mark Spitz said he did not have an eight opportunity, and he has a point there, I think. My family´s youngsters say Michael Phelps found the race lost, a japanese had jumped earlier into the water cube to swim the butterfly style, but that is wonderful for Michael, so he and Jason deserve even more the gold.

¡Enhorabuena, España! (Congratulations, Spain) Rafa Nadal is the Nr. 1 in tennis since tomorrow, with an olympic gold medal already won. The king is dead. Cheers to the new king! That´s life, ladies and gentlemen.

Congratulations to all whose countries have won medals.
Old 08-17-2008, 02:32 PM
Aristocracy
Royal Blogger

That is what I think is so awesome about Princess Anne. Look at how wet she is and she wasn't complaining at all. No wondering about her hair, just doing her duty. What an awesome lady!
Old 08-17-2008, 02:38 PM
Royal Highness

Ex King Constantine of Greece presented the Gold Medals to the Great Britain team who won the Ygling Class Sailing. They were later congratulated by the Princess Royal

ANP Beeldbank
Old 08-17-2008, 03:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tan_berry View Post
¡Me too! But Mark Spitz said he did not have an eight opportunity, and he has a point there, I think. My family´s youngsters say Michael Phelps found the race lost, a japanese had jumped earlier into the water cube to swim the butterfly style, but that is wonderful for Michael, so he and Jason deserve even more the gold.

¡Enhorabuena, España! (Congratulations, Spain) Rafa Nadal is the Nr. 1 in tennis since tomorrow, with an olympic gold medal already won. The king is dead. Cheers to the new king! That´s life, ladies and gentlemen.

Congratulations to all whose countries have won medals.
Just watched a wonderful interview with Mark Spitz and he stated that in "his day" they didn't have to swim all those prelims that they do now to get into the actual race and that he only could prefect two of the strokes while Michael does well on all four. Apparently they are good friends and email each other. Mark actually said that "records are made to be broken" and that he was thrilled that Michael did it. I don't know how any of the athletics do what they do -- hard work -- and the track runners are just mind blowing.
Old 08-17-2008, 03:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Grand Duke Henri and Princess Alexandra attend the tennis competitions
MCT International
MCT International
Grand Duke Henri accompanied by Luxembourg's Minister of Sport Jeannot Krecke following the competition of Luxembourg sailor Marc Schmit
MCT International
MCT International
Queen Sofia, Infanta Cristina with her husband Inaki Urdangarin, Bruno Gomez Acebo of Borbon and his girlfriend Barbara Cano De La Plaza, Juan Antonio Samaranch and Grand Duke Henri attend the Men's Final tennis match, Spain's Rafael Nadal vs Chile's Fernando Gonzalez
MCT International
Old 08-17-2008, 03:57 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Sapanish Royals at Tennis competition.
Galerías de imágenes

http://www.iblbildarkiv.net/fotoweb/...&SF_FIELD1=KGL

Old 08-17-2008, 05:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifuldisaster0 View Post
Prince Sebastien and Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg
RTLNews.lu
Were they participating in some sort of ceremony? I love Alexandra's dress.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:06 PM
Aristocracy

I see, Winnie, so Mark Spitz recognizes Michael is better at least in that area, he dominates all four strokes the shark from Baltimore. The face of Michael is so different to a shark, couldn´t it be a dolphin? The Baltimore dolphin, I prefer that.

I am so happy that Roger Federer won gold for his country!
Old 08-17-2008, 11:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Alexandra
MCT International
Luxembourg's judo competitor Marie Muller with Prince Sebastien and Princess Alexandra at the Luxembourg's Fortis Gala in Beijing, China, on August 13th
MCT International
Old 08-18-2008, 01:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
Were they participating in some sort of ceremony? I love Alexandra's dress.
I believe the women in the lovely dress is a chinese hostess.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Sofia of Spain visits the Main Press Center

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Tags
beijing 2008, olympic games, olympics, summer olympics