The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal International Events

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-14-2008, 04:43 PM
Courtier

It's one of those eternal agnency-mistakes. They just love to add the former surnames of the Royal Ladies.
Like Princess Letizia Ortiz, Crown Princess Mary Donaldson or Queen Sonja Haraldsen.
Probably they want people to realize directly that the person is a born commoner. Who knows... [/quote]

Aha. I never noticed this problem about Queen Sonja though

Old 08-14-2008, 04:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndaW View Post
Did CP Frederik not attend this Denmark event to see his 1st Cousin ???
Somehow I have the feeling that almost four hours of dressage doesn't provide enough action for him to watch it without falling asleep Many other of Princess Nathalie's family members were there so she had enough support too, and I guess she called her father afterwards as well since he's not there at all.

Old 08-14-2008, 04:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Princess Nathalie von Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg and Digby during the Dressage Grand Prix - Prince Philippos of Greece, Queen Anne-Marie of Greece and Princess Benedikte of Denmark watching
Getty Images
President Lamine Diack talks with Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock before the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) dinner on August 14, 2008 in Beijing
Getty Images
Former pole vaulting great and IOC executive board member Sergei Bubka talks with Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock
Getty Images
About Letizia, it´s easy to understand that she returned home to her daughters, especially because Felipe left to a four-day-trip to Paraguay and Dominican Republic. The children need their parents. According to spanish papers Queen Sofia and the Dukes of Palma arrive to Beijing at the weekend.
Lovely pictures. Queen Anne Marie and Princess Benedicte looked so moved! Please tell me if the Princess Nathalie competed for Denmark or Germany.
Does anyone have the photos of the proud uncle?
I am sure it was quite a day. Congratulations to the Princess.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:10 PM
Courtier

She was competing for Denmark and won the dressage team bronzmedal. Princess Nathalie was Denmark's best rider!!!
Old 08-14-2008, 05:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilla View Post
She was competing for Denmark and won the dressage team. Princess Nathalie was Denmark's best rider!!!
Congratulations!!
There you go you got your medal..........Where is mine???????
Old 08-14-2008, 05:17 PM
Courtier

You might not have got your first medal yet. But your Greek ancestors are the ones who invented the olympic

That's the best achivement ever
Old 08-14-2008, 05:17 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess View Post
Somehow I have the feeling that almost four hours of dressage doesn't provide enough action for him to watch it without falling asleep Many other of Princess Nathalie's family members were there so she had enough support too, and I guess she called her father afterwards as well since he's not there at all.
Another explanation might be that since the family was already so well-represented at the dressage event he chose to distribute the royal attendance a bit - badminton is a very popular sport in Denmark and Gade played against the world's best badminton player (and lost, sadly).
Old 08-14-2008, 05:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilla View Post
You might not have got your first medal yet. But your Greek ancestors are the ones who invented the olympic

That's the best achivement ever
Thank you Lilla. You made my day. Now if you can scare up a medal for Greece in these Olympics I will be a very happy Greek!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-14-2008, 05:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
I share your feelings. I am disappointed over the whole affair. I have not been to Beijing in the last 8 years but it looks more polluted and hazy than ever.
In my heart of hearts I always wished they'd bring the Olympics back to Greece every four years, but it is never going to happen.
Meantime I am trying to catch the updates on NBC which is a losing proposition and can't wait for Greece to get a medal in whatever......
I agree that Greece should be the permanent venue for all the Summer events. Everything could be built (with the help of money from all nations) there and used while another country hosted the opening ceremonies (don't need the huge show, just the athletics entering). It could be away from the big cities of Greece and supply thousands of jobs, etc. On the off years, the venues could be used for training the athletics from all over the world. Same could be done for Winter Games in a country known for snow, etc. But all that is too logical and simple, so men will never go for it!
Old 08-14-2008, 05:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Another one from ANP Beeldbank of Maxima yesterday
Old 08-14-2008, 05:33 PM
Courtier

(Answer to Odettes post) Well I know a bunch of scared, hungry and frustraded penguins packed up in a submarine somewhere in The 5 word Story. My surgestion is, they could be send to Beijing. It might not bring a medal to Greece......but if they make as much truble at the olympic as they have done in that story - there is no telling what will happen.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
Well, he burns it all off swimming, because swimming is some of the best calorie-burning exercise that there is, and he looks like he has no fat on his body at all! He's really muscular.
Michael has only 5% body fat and his blood techs are just about perfect, but he also swims hours every day to keep himself like that. As far as the other writer saying he is sick of hearing about him, he just better turn off the sound on his TV because the rest of us are really proud of the guy and all the hard work that he has done over 15 years to get himself into this position. I personally say "Let him have his glory, he earned it." There is no way that I am that disciplined.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
I agree that Greece should be the permanent venue for all the Summer events. Everything could be built (with the help of money from all nations) there and used while another country hosted the opening ceremonies (don't need the huge show, just the athletics entering). It could be away from the big cities of Greece and supply thousands of jobs, etc. On the off years, the venues could be used for training the athletics from all over the world. Same could be done for Winter Games in a country known for snow, etc. But all that is too logical and simple, so men will never go for it!
You are singing my song!!!!!!!!!! All the venues were built for the 2004 Olympics and competitions were spread in Athens, Volos and Crete.
But like you said, it is too logical and simple to be done.......
Old 08-14-2008, 05:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
Michael has only 5% body fat and his blood techs are just about perfect, but he also swims hours every day to keep himself like that. As far as the other writer saying he is sick of hearing about him, he just better turn off the sound on his TV because the rest of us are really proud of the guy and all the hard work that he has done over 15 years to get himself into this position. I personally say "Let him have his glory, he earned it." There is no way that I am that disciplined.
What a bright shining star. He looks modest, dedicated and down to earth.

5% body fat??????? OMG I missed my chance of becoming an Olympiad. I should have practised more so I could eat all I wanted all day long.....
Old 08-14-2008, 05:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Lilla. Methinks we will get kicked out of the tread!!!!!!!!!!! All penguins in tow, back to the north pole........LOL
Greece lost to the US in baskeball today. No big surprises.
The ladies got the silver in Athens in water polo and lost today.
They lost in Volley ball.........
Old 08-14-2008, 06:05 PM
Courtier

Sounds like how things are going for the danish mens handballteam. They are European Champs. But their preformance is just .

Furturnatly they won against Russia today but only because of luck.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:36 PM
Heir Apparent

I would hate to see what his cholesterol is.Yikes!
Old 08-14-2008, 07:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess View Post
ICO = International Olympic Committee, Prince Willem-Alexander is a member and thus he is accredited via them. NOC = National Olympic Committee, that's via what most VIP's are accredited, like non IOC-member royals and the NOC's corporate sponsor guests etc.

I read somewhere that Fred hopes to become a member of the IOC next year.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:49 PM
Nobility

is there a problems with Fred not being a IOC member. I really do not understand the problem?
Old 08-14-2008, 08:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
Just watched a very affectionate uncle, King Konstantine, give Natalie her medal - and lots of kisses
How exciting! Congratulations to princess Natalie.

Tags
beijing 2008, olympic games, olympics, summer olympics