The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal International Events

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-14-2008, 04:01 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Picture Gallery Frederik and Mary in China.
IPApress

Old 08-14-2008, 04:19 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
Was this at an event? She is a very sweet baby, and big and healthy as well!
I believe it is. The woman holding the stroller has Olympic accreditation IDs. I would have loved to cuddle that baby.

Old 08-14-2008, 04:43 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress View Post
I don't think that China should have been awarded the games in the first place. It's been a comedy of errors from the get go.

First the pollution, then the Chinese government felt affronted when the American athletes wore breathing masks (when the great majority of their own citizens do the same), then they clean out the city and refuse travel permits to anyone they think might protest anything, then they block access to websites (amnesty international, etc) because they say that those websites are a threat to the National Security, and last but by no means least, they insert one little girl to lip sync a song, because the little girl singing the song was not "cute" enough, and that was supposedly in the nations best interest? And don't even get me started on teh female gymnasts from China. I was a gymnast, and competed on the elite level, similar to the current olympians, although I never went to the olympics, and if those girls are all 16, I am a purple elephant. True. The Chinese gymnasts are small, but generally they even have some curves, and they always have all of their adult teeth, something which one of these girls seems to be missing. Yep, if people believe that they are all 16 then I have a very valuable magic wand and a few royal titles I would like to sell to those people.
Too true. I totally agree with you. China should have realized long ago that there's no point in their government trying to put on a fake face and hiding everything because people ultimately will see what stinks.

On the other hand, Olympic coverage in my country officially sucks. I only get to see maybe 7 or so sports. We've been bombarded with swimming and boxing events. And I'm getting tired of it.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Royal at the swimming competitions with her husband Tim Laurence
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
Olycom
Old 08-14-2008, 06:10 AM
Commoner

Cute Pics of WA and Maxima at the swimming competition today:
Fotografie Leo Vogelzang
Old 08-14-2008, 06:49 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
Was this at an event? She is a very sweet baby, and big and healthy as well!
Princess Haya watches the cross country in Hong Kong, 11th August 2008.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:35 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty View Post
Picture Gallery Frederik and Mary in China.
IPApress
On page two, there are some photos of F&M looking dejected - What sport are they watching?
Old 08-14-2008, 10:48 AM
Heir Apparent

it's a shame the princes of asturias didn't stay for longer. i know felipe is attending two passovers in latin america, but i'm sure letizia would have been a great support to the spanish team during the rest of the games!

it's great to se haya with her daughter, she is delightful and they seem so down to earth!
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 08-14-2008, 10:52 AM
Royal Highness

Somehow I don't think telling the little girl she wasn't cute enough for tv isn't going to harm her self-esteem the way it would here in the west. I think they tend to have "for the good of the country" drilled into them so much that whatever a person is told is for the good of the country is accepted. But hopefully they told her parents and not her so they could shield her from it.

But back to the Golden Boy Michael Phelps. I'm starting to get sick of hearing about him so dang much! Yes, he's great blah blah blah. Hey, there are other athletes and other sports here! Here's an interesting story about what he eats every day -
OLYMPIC GOLDEN BOY PHELPS EATS 12,000 CALORIES A DAY - New York Post
I honestly don't know how he can eat so much in one sitting without getting physicallly sick .
Old 08-14-2008, 10:59 AM
Courtier

royals.web-log.nl
Old 08-14-2008, 11:04 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florencia View Post
Love the pics of W-A picking his nose! I hope for his sake that didn't make it onto tv!
Old 08-14-2008, 11:22 AM
Heir Apparent

After an excellent performance by Princess Nathalie, the Danish dressage team won a bronze. This was Denmark's first medal at the games. Holland and Germany got the silver and gold.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:34 AM
Courtier

Wonderfull...................wonderfull

Well done Princess Nathalie, Andreas Helgstrand and Anne van Olst.

Finally a medal for Denmark
Old 08-14-2008, 11:40 AM
Courtier

[quote=Her_Majesty;809669]King of Norway Harald V (R) and his wife Sonja Haraldsen watch a game of Beach Volleyball between Norway and Switzerland during a 2008 Beijing Olympics Women's preliminary match at Beijing's Chaoyang Park, on August 11, 2008

There is no one like "Sonja Haraldsen" since 1968.
You must have meant HM Queen Sonja of Norway?!
Old 08-14-2008, 11:51 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

[quote=wartenberg7;811292]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
King of Norway Harald V (R) and his wife Sonja Haraldsen watch a game of Beach Volleyball between Norway and Switzerland during a 2008 Beijing Olympics Women's preliminary match at Beijing's Chaoyang Park, on August 11, 2008

I think Her_Majesty only quoted the agency's comment to that specific picture. The comments are very often not accurate or inconsistent, eg one day they say "Queen Sonja" and the other day "Sonja Haraldsen". Getty for example referred during the Beijing games to CP Mary as "Mary Elizabeth Donaldson" and to CP Letizia as "Letizia Ortiz" ... it looks like the people who do the comments only have a basic knowledge of everything instead of a deeper knowledge of something (difficult as agencys cover events of any kind from all over the world). Errors and typos should not happen in the media but they do.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Denmark won the dressage team bronze today, Princess Nathalie was Denmark's best rider!!! The final team results in dressage are:

1) Germany 72.917%
2) Netherlands 71.750%
3) Denmark 68.875%
4) USA 67.819%
5) Sweden 67.347%

Princess Nathalie and Digby performed well, they were the best Danes, and got 70.417%. Individually they are on an 8th place and are now qualified to compete for the individual medals in the Grand Prix Special on Saturday, where the 25 best riders and horses will fight for them. Next Tuesday there is also the individual Grand Prix Kür.

Watching the dressage were (among others) Prince Philippos, Queen Anne-Marie, Princess Benedikte, former ICO President Samaranch, former Governor of Massachusetts and presidential candidate Mitt Romney, King Constantine and Princess Theodora.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:13 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess View Post
Denmark won the dressage team bronze today, Princess Nathalie was Denmark's best rider!!!
Just watched a very affectionate uncle, King Konstantine, give Natalie her medal - and lots of kisses
Old 08-14-2008, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7
Yes. "Sonja Haraldsen" of course means "Queen Sonja".

As DoM already said: I just copied and pasted the caption that ANP gave for that pictures.

It's one of those eternal agnency-mistakes. They just love to add the former surnames of the Royal Ladies.
Like Princess Letizia Ortiz, Crown Princess Mary Donaldson or Queen Sonja Haraldsen.
Probably they want people to realize directly that the person is a born commoner. Who knows...

Old 08-14-2008, 12:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess View Post
Denmark won the dressage team bronze today, Princess Nathalie was Denmark's best rider!!! The final team results in dressage are:

1) Germany 72.917%
2) Netherlands 71.750%
3) Denmark 68.875%
4) USA 67.819%
5) Sweden 67.347%

Princess Nathalie and Digby performed well, they were the best Danes, and got 70.417%. Individually they are on an 8th place and are now qualified to compete for the individual medals in the Grand Prix Special on Saturday, where the 25 best riders and horses will fight for them. Next Tuesday there is also the individual Grand Prix Kür.

Watching the dressage were (among others) Prince Philippos, Queen Anne-Marie, Princess Benedikte, former ICO President Samaranch, former Governor of Massachusetts and presidential candidate Mitt Romney, King Constantine and Princess Theodora.

Did CP Frederik not attend this Denmark event to see his 1st Cousin ???
Old 08-14-2008, 12:52 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
Love the pics of W-A picking his nose! I hope for his sake that didn't make it onto tv!
I have already seen it on German Television and also at Aktuelle Nachrichten - Bild.de

Tags
beijing 2008, olympic games, olympics, summer olympics