The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal International Events

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-13-2008, 01:58 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
Is there a special significance in that?
Well, I don't know about Maxima, but I have noticed that CP Mary has worn a lot of red and white - the two colours in the Daish flag - during the Games. The other day she wore the most spectacular white lace dress with a red cardigan. It was exquisite!

Old 08-13-2008, 02:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
Lord, you just have to give Marchael Phelps credit -- what a work ethic to have achieved what he has. Must have shark genes somewhere!!! Love his mother cheering and yelling with his sisters crying and jumping. Can you just imagine if he was your son.............plus he seems unspoiled about it all. He always looks over to his family first after the race and then again while receiving medal. Lovely
I agree. I saw him when he got his medal then went up to the seats and gave his sister the bouquet of flowers...........
As of yesterday morning he had $4,000,000 in deals. After the last 2 gold medals he received I am sure he'd be hearing more from the sponsors.
Nice young man. He deserves everything he got.

Old 08-13-2008, 02:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarina View Post
Funny video!
Odette it´s difficult to translate literally what they say but... they talk about the ceremony of the Olympic Games in humor key. After ,Letizia jokes about the sandals that wear the humorist and finally the Princes of Asturias said that their daughters are with their family
Thanks for the recap Camarina. It is really bad when someone talks and the other has no clue what they say.........
Old 08-13-2008, 02:42 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
She is so cute. She looks like a young girl. How old is P Haya??
She is 34 years old.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thai Princess Sirindhorn photographs women´s weightlifting
Daum/Yonhap
Old 08-13-2008, 05:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
Is there a special significance in that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villemann View Post
Well, I don't know about Maxima, but I have noticed that CP Mary has worn a lot of red and white - the two colours in the Daish flag - during the Games. The other day she wore the most spectacular white lace dress with a red cardigan. It was exquisite!
Well no, there isn't really. As Villeman says Mary has worn the Danish colours, but really I guess its just that white is not always the most practical colour for a whole outfit, but I do like to see it.
And you're quite right, Mary's dress was devine, but now I'm getting to fashion-thread content, so I'll cut myself off there.
There is white in the Dutch flag, but as I understand it (and I'm sure there are others better informed than I) the orange is far more significant.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:15 PM
Courtier

Yes the colour orange is very significant for The Netherlands.

Here is a link exsplaining how The Netherlands are connected to this colour

The Dutch and the Color Orange - Why the Dutch Wear Orange - Netherlands and the Color Orange

and I to love to se Maxima and WA dressed in orange. A wonderfull way of saluting their team
Old 08-13-2008, 05:47 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week team Member

Princess Haya and her daughter

http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2008...jordania-a.jpg
Old 08-13-2008, 05:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma View Post
Such a cute baby....She looks like her mother. P Haya is a very nice looking woman.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:57 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Grand duke Henri giving the medals at a fencing event. He was accompanied by his son Sebastien and talked to Roselyne Bachelot, french minister for health and sports.
IBL Bildbyrå
IBL Bildbyrå
IBL Bildbyrå

Prince Sebastien is becoming a very handsome young man! nice to see pics of the Luxembourg royals. though wish I could see pics of Guillaume and Felix
Old 08-13-2008, 06:01 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma View Post
Was this at an event? She is a very sweet baby, and big and healthy as well!
Old 08-13-2008, 06:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Grand Duke Henri and IOC President Jacques Rogge attend the final on men's individual sabre at the Fencing Hall
MCT International
MCT International
Old 08-13-2008, 06:47 PM
Royal Highness

I've been really enjoying the Olympics, but particularly the swimming and gymnastics. Michael Phelps is like a fish! I saw the 4x200 yesterday, and was amazed at how fast he swam to get the USA ahead of everybody else.

I love the gymnastics, because I was a gymnast for a few years, myself, but never on that level. Anyway, I saw Alicia Sacramone fall last night (my time), and my heart just sank. Nothing her teammates said could have made it any better, either. But at least the USA came out with silver.

China's women's gymnastics team is just something else! They are VERY good. But I have trouble seeing how some of those girls are 16. One of them even has baby teeth missing! But they are some kind of gymnasts, amazing.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:17 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't think that China should have been awarded the games in the first place. It's been a comedy of errors from the get go.

First the pollution, then the Chinese government felt affronted when the American athletes wore breathing masks (when the great majority of their own citizens do the same), then they clean out the city and refuse travel permits to anyone they think might protest anything, then they block access to websites (amnesty international, etc) because they say that those websites are a threat to the National Security, and last but by no means least, they insert one little girl to lip sync a song, because the little girl singing the song was not "cute" enough, and that was supposedly in the nations best interest? And don't even get me started on teh female gymnasts from China. I was a gymnast, and competed on the elite level, similar to the current olympians, although I never went to the olympics, and if those girls are all 16, I am a purple elephant. True. The Chinese gymnasts are small, but generally they even have some curves, and they always have all of their adult teeth, something which one of these girls seems to be missing. Yep, if people believe that they are all 16 then I have a very valuable magic wand and a few royal titles I would like to sell to those people.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

I share your feelings. I am disappointed over the whole affair. I have not been to Beijing in the last 8 years but it looks more polluted and hazy than ever.
In my heart of hearts I always wished they'd bring the Olympics back to Greece every four years, but it is never going to happen.
Meantime I am trying to catch the updates on NBC which is a losing proposition and can't wait for Greece to get a medal in whatever......
Old 08-13-2008, 10:27 PM
Commoner

I know Felipe and Letizia have left China, but are Mary and Frederick still there or have they returned to Denmark. I had thought that Mary and the children were to fly on to Australia about now. Change of plan??
Taree
Old 08-13-2008, 10:30 PM
Heir Apparent

I have read elsewhere on this forum (I think in the Denmark thread) that Mary has gone back to Denmark. CP Frederik is still in Beijing. I believe that Mary and the children will be heading to Australia soon, but I am not sure when.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:35 PM
Commoner

Hi - thank you sgl. I've missed seeing them on this thread recently. Just wondered what was happening. Thanks again.
Taree
Old 08-13-2008, 11:23 PM
Heir Apparent

You're welcome, Taree!
Old 08-13-2008, 11:52 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
Such a cute baby....She looks like her mother. P Haya is a very nice looking woman.
Sorry, I have to disagree...Haya's little girl is a spitting image of her papa. Look at those deep eyes...is that the nanny on the left?

Tags
beijing 2008, olympic games, olympics, summer olympics