The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-11-2008, 05:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
Of all of the photos I have seen of the royals attending the Olympics, WA and Maxima look like they are enjoying themselves the most. They truly look like they are loving every minute of the games.

I love it!!!!!!! I am afraid of the criticism that will start flowing through.........
I hope everyone sees it for what it is. People who know how to enjoy themselves.........What a better occasion than when your team wins!!!!!!

Old 08-11-2008, 06:05 PM
Serene Highness

I like seeing the royal interact. It must be nice not only to see the games in person but to reunite with friends and family from other royal houses in more of a laid back environment.

Old 08-11-2008, 06:06 PM
Aristocracy

ANP Beeldbank

Another picture of WA and Maxima, this time at the hockey game Netherlands - South Africa.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyne View Post
ANP Beeldbank

Another picture of WA and Maxima, this time at the hockey game Netherlands - South Africa.
They seem to be among the few watching these games. In most of the photos the seats behind them are empty.
No matter what, she shows up with her orange scarf and looks like she is on top of the world. Way to go Maxima!
Old 08-11-2008, 06:21 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyne View Post
ANP Beeldbank

What are they wearing? It looks like ponchos for the rain.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
What are they wearing? It looks like ponchos for the rain.
Looks like see through raincoats........Not that the rain dampened her spirits.......
Old 08-11-2008, 07:36 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Bluffton View Post
I love how W-A is dressed in orange (and really BRIGHT) at every turn. Good for him!
Not a royal I know much about or really follow but like you I love his fashion choices for this games
Old 08-11-2008, 08:05 PM
Courtier

Did you guys see the Americans beat the French in the men's 4x100 swimming relay?

You can view the whole thing on nbcolympics.com if you missed it. One of the BEST recoveries I've seen in a sporting event. You can beat that joins countdowns about the greatest moments in sports history!
His sense of responsibility is not less than yours or mine. How could we tell right from wrong as simple people in any kind of situation? How could we know that our courage, loyalty and lives were not misused for evil purposes?
Old 08-11-2008, 08:09 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by morhange View Post
Did you guys see the Americans beat the French in the men's 4x100 swimming relay?

You can view the whole thing on nbcolympics.com if you missed it. One of the BEST recoveries I've seen in a sporting event. You can beat that joins countdowns about the greatest moments in sports history!
It was wonderful and they deserved it!!!!
Old 08-11-2008, 10:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

The opening ceremony was the most beautiful I have ever seen. The lights the choregraphy everything was perfect. This is my favorite Olympic of all time.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:48 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by morhange View Post

That was so great! My mom and I were up watching it and we were both screaming "Go, go, go!!" I was very pleased that I had seen it, as it was all over the news. I usually miss moments like this.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes the American recovery was very good - tough on the French tho, but thats sport isnt it?!

I'm really well and truely ready to see a medal ceremony - we havent had one on tv yet. NZ has yet to win a medal bec there havent been any rowing finals yet, nor sailing I dont think and we screwed up in equestrian; and they dont seem to show us medal ceremonies for other countries (e.g. for swimming we get ads instead!) which infuriates me.

I will be (trying to) follow the rowing, gymnastics and swimming in particular.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock watch the swimming finals today.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Daylife
... and yesterday
IBL Bildbyrå
IBL Bildbyrå
... and the day before
IBL Bildbyrå
IBL Bildbyrå
IBL Bildbyrå
Albert and Charlene watching judo on the 9th August
Olycom
Olycom
Olycom
Olycom
Prince Felipe today at the waterpolo match between Spain and Australia.
La Opinion de Zamora
Old 08-12-2008, 02:00 AM
Courtier

I really wish there was a TV deal you could purchase that offered 24-hour Olympic coverage and you could get a special remote where you could choose a country and a sport and you would get full coverage for that sport when you wanted. So if I wanted to watch the USA swim team, it would show me those events, but if I wanted to watch, say, Sheikha Maitha or Princess Nathalie, I could switch to the UAE or Denmark's events and see that!
His sense of responsibility is not less than yours or mine. How could we tell right from wrong as simple people in any kind of situation? How could we know that our courage, loyalty and lives were not misused for evil purposes?
Old 08-12-2008, 02:19 AM
Courtier

Does anyone know when Maitha and Nathalie compete? Or have they already had their events? NBC has provided zero coverage of royals, so I was hoping for a glimpse of one of these ladies!
Old 08-12-2008, 02:33 AM
Courtier

Oh, I was looking for information on Nathalie's Olympics page, and I found this really sweet!
Why this sport?
The sport is a family tradition. (FEI 07/07/04)

Most influential person in career
Her father because of his support. "I could not do this without him." (FEI 29/06/04)

Superstitions / Rituals / Beliefs
She always wears two of her grandmother's necklaces. (FEI 07/07/04)

Does she mean Queen Ingrid's necklaces? And I think it's sweet to say that about her father! Richard and Benedikte must be so proud of her! And I like the bit about it being a family tradition!
Old 08-12-2008, 03:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jennifer View Post
The son-in-law (the coach) was NZ-born and did an interview for Close Up (on TVNZ), because he wanted an opportunity to thank the people (implied NZ & Americans) for their messages of support. He said that it was likely to be the only interview.

You can find a short written story here, and the full story (clip) is (I would say) likely to be posted here later in the night.

He said that the family had spoken to President Bush and he said that they felt Bush genuinley cared, and that the President had ensured the best care was available for Barb, his mother in law who is now in a serious but stable condition.

The interview was done last night.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:28 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Prince Albert of Monaco participating as a IOC member in a victory ceremony in fencing, Olympic Games 2008 in Beijing, China August 10, 2008

Pic 1***Pic 2***Pic 3

(IBL)

Nice gallery of Frederik and Mary yesterday; at the badminton, during a press conference, and on a tour of the Athletes' Village
http://galleri.tv2.dk/index.php/cate...42/page-4.html

Plus a second gallery, from Politiken, of the duo attending the badminton with Aunt Benedikte

--
We can expect Benedikte to be in Hong Kong now, Nathalie will be riding tomorrow (August 13). Here she is posing with the other three Danish riders during a press conference today
Old 08-12-2008, 09:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Best wishes to Natalie and the rest of the equestrian team.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post
We can expect Benedikte to be in Hong Kong now, Nathalie will be riding tomorrow (August 13). Here she is posing with the other three Danish riders during a press conference today
Nathalie is riding on the second day of the dressage competition - she will ride on the 14th. Anne van Olst is the only Danish team member riding competition tomorrow.

The schedule: Equestrian Dressage Team Start List - The official website of the BEIJING 2008 Olympic Games

Tags
beijing 2008, olympic games, olympics, summer olympics