Royals at the 2004 Athens Paralympics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HMQueenElizabethII

Heir Apparent
City
Ryde
Country
Australia
Which Royals will attend Paralympics Games in September?I have just only known Princess Martha Louise of Norway will attend.

Edward, Earl of Wessex will attend the opening ceremony and stay the week. The British engagements don't have Sophie accompanying him though.

im wishes Earl and Countess of Wessex would allowed going Greece to support British! but i think Sophie would dont bring her baby because her baby have vision problems since Lady Louise was born or she would bring down if she would bring with nanny when Earl and Countess of Wessex been watching games.

im sure i hope so Prince William will attend soon! i cant wait!

Sara Boyce

Claire said:
Edward, Earl of Wessex will attend the opening ceremony and stay the week. The British engagements don't have Sophie accompanying him though.
Good on him ^___^

This picture was originally posted by Isabella in the Infanta Elena thread, and shows Queen Sofia, Infanta Elena and her husband Jaime de Marichalar of Spain, Queen Silvia of Spain and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg at the opening ceremonies.

Original Source: Casa Real

Attachments

• Paral06g.jpg
    Paral06g.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 514
2 pictures of Queen Silvia and crown princess Victoria:

Attachments

• pl1.jpg
    pl1.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 442
  • pl2.jpg
    pl2.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 546
Lena said:
2 pictures of Queen Silvia and crown princess Victoria:
Nice photos there. They look like they are having fun.

Philippe and Mathilde should have been there too, friday.

A few pictures from eastnews 1:

Attachments

• pl9.jpg
    pl9.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 347
  • pl10.jpg
    pl10.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 368
  • pl8.jpg
    pl8.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 365
  • pl7.jpg
    pl7.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 366
  • pl6.jpg
    pl6.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 355
  • pl5.jpg
    pl5.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 369
  • pl4.jpg
    pl4.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 368
  • pl3.jpg
    pl3.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 378
  • pl2.jpg
    pl2.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 426
  • pl1.jpg
    pl1.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 347
A few pictures from eastnews 2:

Attachments

• pl11.jpg
    pl11.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 345
  • pl12.jpg
    pl12.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 399
Many thanks for the nice pictures Lena. Did you know when and by which event the first picture(pl1.jpg) from queen Silvia is made. Man thanks for your information in advance.

Lena said:
A few pictures from eastnews 1:

I must admit that this Olmpics and Paralympics have been greatly supported by the Royals. Do you think they got together and co-ordinated?

Her Royal Highness Grand-Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg invited handicaped children during the Paralympic games in Athens on Friday 17th September 2004 for a visit to the ancient and famous Acropolis. The children were transported by a special bus especially coming from Luxembourg to Athens equipped with a lift for wheelchairs. The Grand-Duchess was admired for Her initiative by all the other Royal families attending the Paralympic games.

Attachments

• MT1.jpg
    MT1.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 359
  • MT2.jpg
    MT2.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 363
  • MT3.jpg
    MT3.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 355
ursulajohanna said:
Many thanks for the nice pictures Lena. Did you know when and by which event the first picture(pl1.jpg) from queen Silvia is made. Man thanks for your information in advance.
Sorry Johanna, the caption at eastnews didn´t say more than "Königin Silvia von Schweden, Behindertensport, Paralympics"...I´ve no idea where and when it was made, and who the athlete is.

September 23, 2004 - Märtha Louise with Odd-Roar Thorsen, president of the Norwegian Paralympics Commitee.
Scanpix Picture.

Attachments

• Scanpix-163914.jpg
    Scanpix-163914.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 341
crown princess Victoria:

Attachments

• pl1.jpg
    pl1.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 327
  • pl2.jpg
    pl2.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 395
Princess Märtha Louise with Odd-Roar Thorsen and Mette Berg at the Paralympics.​
Picture by JANNE MØLLER-HANSEN​

Attachments

• JANNE MØLLER-HANSEN-3a.jpg
    JANNE MØLLER-HANSEN-3a.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 340
I know that Märtha Louise is one of the royals that has taken paralympics under her wing how about other royals`?

This is taken from Infanta Elena's section on the Casa Real website:

'She is especially interested in sports for the disabled and is the Honorary President of the Spanish Paralympic Committee. She attended the Paralympic Games in Barcelona, Atlanta and Sydney to support the Spanish participants.'

Back
Top Bottom