Cool Royals - The Winter Olympics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oppie

Courtier
City
Ottawa
Country
Canada
Hi

I was wondering what royals usually attend the winter olympics, the only royals that I know of are an animated King Carl Gustav at SLC in 2002, and the Emperor and Empress of Japan opening Nagano in 1998. If you could post pictures to please

Thanks
Oppie

P.S. 177 days until the 2006 games, 1640 days until the 2010 games :D

Princess Ragnhild of Norway opened the 1952 Olympics in Oslo.

The entire Norwegian royal family participated in the arrangements of the 1994 Winter Olympics at Lillehammer, both as participants in the opening ceremony and as spectators. I also know that some of them have been active spectators in the 1998 Nagano Olympics (Haakon), and the 2002 Salt Lake City olympics (Haakon and Mette-Marit, at least.).

I can't wait for the Winter Olympics in Italy!! I am a huge figure skating fan and it is going to be major battle time!! I hope this time around the judges don't cheat!!

Maybe Prince Emanuele and Princess Clotilde will make an appearance at some of the events.

tiaraprin said:
I can't wait for the Winter Olympics in Italy!! I am a huge figure skating fan and it is going to be major battle time!! I hope this time around the judges don't cheat!!

Maybe Prince Emanuele and Princess Clotilde will make an appearance at some of the events.

I'm a big ice skating fan as well, so I completely agree, and can't wait to see the how the competition will go.

It will be very interesting to see who does make an appearance. Hopefully, Prince Emanuele and Princess Clotide do to at least the opening ceremony, but hopefully more than that.:)

i like to watch on television winter Olympics very much! and also Royals also attend Olympics every four years to watch of opening Olympics but i do like watch on television of Winter and Summer Olympics for opening Olympics where from!

Sara Boyce

I wonder how many of the current mums-to-be will take the trip to the Olympics in 140 days? The Danish Curling team and the Danish hockey team haven't qualified, so I doubt if we'll see any Danish royals there, at least representing.

13 days to go (wheeeee!!!!)

Does anyone know what royals are going. I am sure the Crown Prince Willem Alexander and Princess Anne will be there, sara1981 mentioned in another thread that Crown Prince Haakon will also be there. Does anyone have other names ?

Oppie said:
13 days to go (wheeeee!!!!)

Does anyone know what royals are going. I am sure the Crown Prince Willem Alexander and Princess Anne will be there, sara1981 mentioned in another thread that Crown Prince Haakon will also be there. Does anyone have other names ?

Where are they?

I am very excited about the Olympics. I enjoy watching figure skating and speed skating. Hopefully there will be some royals there as well!

I´m guessing that the Swedish King & Queen will be there, they usually like to go to the winter (and summer) olympics. And they must have a special relation to the olympic games since they met during the 1972 summer games, in wich silvia was working as a hostess as she also did in the winter games 1974.

Usually the scandinavian royals go to the winter olympics because of the special relationship these countries have with snow and cold, they always send excellent teams for sports like ski, so we'll hope to see Denmark, Norway and Sweden represented by their royal houses;)

tiaraprin said:

Emanuele Filiberto will be one of the torch bearers to run along the streets of Turin.

crisiñaki said:
Usually the scandinavian royals go to the winter olympics because of the special relationship these countries have with snow and cold, they always send excellent teams for sports like ski, so we'll hope to see Denmark, Norway and Sweden represented by their royal houses;)
I wouldn't bet on Danish royals being there to support Denmark - as there aren't that many Danish contestants. In fact, the Danish national curling team for women are the only contestants from Denmark who qualified. Denmark isn't generally a winter sports country.

Back
Top Bottom