200th Anniversary of Battle of the Nations; October 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spheno

Royal Highness
City
NN
Country
Lithuania
17 representatives of European royal houses commemorates the victims of the Battle.

Pressemitteilung 27.09.2013:

Pic 1

Please, help to identify royals
I know only Grand Duke Georgi Mikhailovich of Russia, Archduke Georg of Austria (both are in the first row, in the middle) and his wife Archduchess Eilika of Austria (in yellow)

google translation:

Leipzig , 17 October 2013. 17 representatives of European royal houses bore since today Thursday 17 October at the invitation of the Cultural and Environmental Foundation of the Sparkasse Leipzig Leipziger Land and of the Society Roetha - Yesterday . Today . Morning. eV in Leipzig to jointly commemorate the victims of the Battle 200 years ago. The participants of the meeting include representatives of both 1813 against Napoleon allied dynasties as representatives of the Napoleonic side and descendants of the generals involved in the Battle armies. "We are delighted that , among other things II.KK.HH. George and Eilika Archduke and Archduchess of Austria , HRH Georgi Mikhailovich Grand Duke of Russia, II.KK.HH. Henry and Prince and Princess Thyra of Hanover, Duke and Duchess of Brunswick and Lüneburg , II.KK.HH. Alexander and Prince and Princess Gisela of Saxony, Pierre and Anastasia Count and Countess von Bennigsen , II.DD. Nicholas and Ursula Prince and Princess of Blucher Wahlstatt and more houses have accepted our invitation , " said Stephan Seeger , managing director of the Cultural and Environmental Foundation .
The focus of the three-day meeting of the princely houses of the common memory is available to the more than 200,000 victims of the Battle of 16 to 19 Oktober 1813. The representatives of royal families will attend tomorrow, Friday, at a prayer service at St. Nicholas Church in Leipzig at the invitation of Foundation and patrons . On Friday evening, they accept the invitation from Leipzig and Saxony to participate in joint ceremony and reception from city and State of the Battle Monument .

Are any of these "royals" from reigning houses?

Are any of these "royals" from reigning houses?

Looking at Wikipedia it seems that no countries that have currently reigning monarchies participated in the battle, so I can't see why they would be there.

Looking at Wikipedia it seems that no countries that have currently reigning monarchies participated in the battle, so I can't see why they would be there.

Well yes they wouldn't be there, but as I am unfamiliar with titles connected to titles and of the battle itself as no explanation was give, that's why I asked if any of the royals in the picture were from a current reigning royal family.

Ah, okay. Well, once again this is from Wikipedia.

The Battle of Nations, also known as the Battle of Leipzig, was the largest pre-World War I European battle and the first one in which Napoleon was decisively defeated. It was fought between the French army, under Napoleon, and a coalition army.

On the French side was Warsaw, Italy, Naples, and at first Saxony and Württemberg. On the Coalition side was Russia, Austria, Prussia, Sweden, and at the end Saxony and Württemberg. And now that I'm looking at it closer and seeing Sweden in there I'm correcting my previous statement in the reigning houses not being involved.

Back
Top Bottom