Guillaume and Stéphanie: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose we will see pictures here on the Royal Forum. I would not know how to tune in to foreign television shows other than the major ones such as the BBC, which is on my Direct TV lineup. It is a contrast to the British royal wedding, where the attendants are known in advance. Some things kept close to the vest. I suppose Stephanie's sisters will be her attendants, and perhaps Princes Alexandra of Luxembourg.

I think the only adult female attendant might be Princess Alexandra, to help manage the bridal train.

But since Guillaume has several Royal godchildren including one of his two adorable nephews, and Stephanie has so many small nieces and nephews I would not be a bit surprised if the bridal party consisted mostly of small children.

I think Felix will be at the altar with Guillaume as his best man.

I suppose we will see pictures here on the Royal Forum. I would not know how to tune in to foreign television shows other than the major ones such as the BBC, which is on my Direct TV lineup. It is a contrast to the British royal wedding, where the attendants are known in advance. Some things kept close to the vest. I suppose Stephanie's sisters will be her attendants, and perhaps Princes Alexandra of Luxembourg.

Mariel1: We watched all of Victoria and Daniel's wedding on SVT online. I'm hoping that perhaps that there will be a TV channel broadcasting that will be accessible online for this wedding, too. Naturally, I will be checking into the Royal Forums to see if anyone has info for us on that. I also have "bookmarked" in my Favorites many youtube clips from Victoria and Daniel's wonderful day, which I enjoy viewing again. So, if we don't get to see the wedding, surely there will be youtube clips. Hopefully...
In this world, where there is so much gloom, a beautiful royal wedding is so uplifting.

i dont have swedish tv, but i could see Princess Victoria's wedding on tv because i have cable tv and i found a channel which aired her wedding, it was luck!
but it seems for this wedding, ill have to watch it online!

I am sure that you can follow online the wedding on the 20th October. Unfortunately you are get to know the most information about the evening just couple of days before the wedding.
I don't worry because I won't miss this wedding. Last year I wanted to watch online Princess Charlene and Prince Albert wedding. Unfortunately you can't see the civil ceremony on 1st July 2011 because only Monégasque chanel broadcasted the event. On 2nd July I was anxios I was going to miss religios ceremony as well. An hour before the wedding I found an online link , God's for heaven I could watch it.

Maria-Teresa and Henri attended Rainier's funeral, and Guillaume was present at all of Albert's enthronement celebrations. Guillaume was seated in the very front row for Albert and Charlene's wedding, in fact he can clearly be seen in video only feet away from Albert during the Mass.

Henri and MT were seated at the table of honor-the bride and groom's table-for the Gala dinner and ball the night of the wedding. Caroline was right next to Henri and I have seen photos of them chattering away. :p

In other words the two families are very close. I am 99.9% certain that Albert and Charlene will be at the wedding...as for Princess Caroline, I doubt it.

I am certain they will attend it in return. Do you know other royal couple who will be present at the wedding?

Yes I do know what sante anterieurs means,

What does it mean?

I am certain they will attend it in return. Do you know other royal couple who will be present at the wedding?

Danish Royals: Queen Margrethe, Prince Henrik, Frederik and Mary.
Dutch Royals: Beatrix, Maxima and WA (I think).
Norwegian Royals: Harald, Sonja, Haakon, MM, ML and Ari.
Crown Prince Naruhito
Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel
Duarte Pio, Duke of Braganza, and his wife, Isabel

No confirmation from the BRF as of yet.

I wonder is the BRF being coy hahaha. Is there any chance at all William and Catherine will be 'surprise' guests?

I don't think, generally Countess Sophie and Prince Edward represent British royal family at royal weddings.

I wonder is the BRF being coy hahaha. Is there any chance at all William and Catherine will be 'surprise' guests?

It's been confirmed that William and Catherine won't attend as they have prior engagements.

It's been confirmed that William and Catherine won't attend as they have prior engagements.

Thanks. Is there a reason the palace has confirmed it won't be W&C, yet made no announcement on who will attend?

I don't think so. It's usually the press who ask the Palace about the royals' attendance at events and given there's no press coverage so far of the Lux wedding in the British press, I think no-one's really asked the question other than with regards William and Kate's attendance. Having heard that they won't be there, that's pretty much the end of the British media's interest, even if Charles or Edward attend. Harsh but accurate I'm afraid.

There's no reason for it not to be in the future engagements list though. The Monaco wedding was listed a few weeks prior to the event, so if someone is being sent I would have thought it would have been up there by now.

I have read that the Prince and Princess of Asturias are confirmed as well.

In the case of Britain, maybe it hasn't been decided if it will be Charles/Camilla or Edward/Sophie and that's why there has been no confirmation. I cannot imagine that they will send absolutely no one as that could definitely be interpreted as a snub. :ermm:

I am certain it will ultimately be the Wessexes.

I was surprised to read that Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik will be there, along with Fred and Mary!

Lumutqueen, apparently Princess Ariane of the Netherlands suffers from a serious and chronic lung disease. She has been hospitalized at least twice since she was born...the first time when she only 1 month old. :sad:

Last edited:
I love that orange or golden dress on Maxima, in your pictures, Marika. William-Alexander looked fit in that picture too, perhaps having lost weight or doing exercises with Prince Daniel? Very dashing couple. She should wear that golden dress everywhere.

What does it mean?

Danish Royals: Queen Margrethe, Prince Henrik, Frederik and Mary.
Dutch Royals: Beatrix, Maxima and WA (I think).
Norwegian Royals: Harald, Sonja, Haakon, MM, ML and Ari.
Crown Prince Naruhito
Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel
Duarte Pio, Duke of Braganza, and his wife, Isabel

No confirmation from the BRF as of yet.

I guess it is a short list of the wedding guests.
I think
Belgian Royals: Princess Matilde and Crown Prince Philippe
Princely Family of Monaco: Princess Charlene and Prince Albert
Princely Family of Liechtenstein: Princess Sophie and Crown Prince Alois
Spanish Royals : Princess Letizia and Prince Felipe
and presidents of European States will attend the wedding.

I also have doubt that Arabian leaders and royal famielies won't participate at the event.
[Jordanian Royals: King Abdullah , Queen Rania or Prince Faisal (who often attends royal enthronements, funerals, weddings , and social engagements)
Royals from Dubai ( Sheikh Mohammad and his senior wife Princess Haya)
Royal from Morocco (Princess Lalla Salma)]

Last edited:
Lumutqueen, apparently Princess Ariane of the Netherlands suffers from a serious and chronic lung disease. She has been hospitalized at least twice since she was born...the first time when she only 1 month old. :sad:

I didn't know that. The translation of the words from the article, was something different entirely.

The translation of the words from the article, was something different entirely.
If you mean santé antérieurs it would translate into earlier/previous health (condition/problems), which could mean a lung disease already known to the family and friends.

If you mean santé antérieurs

Yes I did mean that, MoonMaiden said the same thing. The translation that I received from a fellow TRF poster was different. Thank you anyway though.

I guess it is a short list of the wedding guests.
I think
Belgian Royals: Princess Matilde and Crown Prince Philippe
why only Mathilde and Phillippe? the belgian royals are the closest in blood ties with Luxembourg, even Stephanie is a Belgian and her family has known Mathilde's and Belgian royal's long before they started dating.
im sure the Belgian royal family will be all there, and there are even rumours that the young royals, ex: Princess Elisabeth would come too, not to mention that Prince Emmanuel is Guillaume's godchild.
i guess you didnt know they were related this much:)

Strange too , King Baudouin attended all his Nephew’s weddings .
If all the Crown Princes attend I hope we will see the Prince of Wales.

maria-olivia said:
Strange too , King Baudouin attended all his Nephew’s weddings .
If all the Crown Princes attend I hope we will see the Prince of Wales.

I find it very difficult to believe the the entire Belgian royal family won't turn out en force.

Thanks Stefan.

That's an odd statement...I am sure I remember confirmation beforehand that Philippe and Mathilde were attending the William/Kate nuptials in 2011.

Anyway I agree that pretty much the entire Belgian RF will be there, including at least some of the children of Astrid and Lorenz and perhaps even Queen Fabiola.

They are closely related by blood and are considered as family.

I am sure they will all be there.
I also expect some childern of princess Astrid to attend.
Hopefully het health will allow Queen Fabiola to attend.

I also think they will be there. But why not confirm it. The dutch RF also don't add it to the agenda on their official Website but they have confirmed who will attend.

why only Mathilde and Phillippe? the belgian royals are the closest in blood ties with Luxembourg, even Stephanie is a Belgian and her family has known Mathilde's and Belgian royal's long before they started dating.
im sure the Belgian royal family will be all there, and there are even rumours that the young royals, ex: Princess Elisabeth would come too, not to mention that Prince Emmanuel is Guillaume's godchild.
i guess you didnt know they were related this much:)

Sorry I don't give the full list of members of Belgian royal family.:ermm:
I just mention two names ( Princess Matilde and Prince Philippe). I am sure the will attend the wedding. It is possible that whole royal family take part in the event ( Stephanie de Lennoy come from Belgian noble family, it is true that her family has an old history and it is well known in Belgium, unfortunately I haven't heard about her or her family before the engagement).
It is true by the way Stephanie and Crown Prince are related much closer to the Belgian royal families than the others.

I don't think so. It's usually the press who ask the Palace about the royals' attendance at events and given there's no press coverage so far of the Lux wedding in the British press, I think no-one's really asked the question other than with regards William and Kate's attendance. Having heard that they won't be there, that's pretty much the end of the British media's interest, even if Charles or Edward attend. Harsh but accurate I'm afraid.

There might be some coverage if it is Charles and Camilla, though.

(But I agree the British media isn't much interested in the Wessexes. That's is who I expect to represent the BRF. Just because they are the ones who are usually sent).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom