The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 07:02 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Hmmm....I wish you had asked them if they covered the wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

Because I am almost certain that they did, and I'd love to know what qualifies as their "area of reporting".

I think they count as their Areas the Royal Houses in Europe but obviously they also include Monaco in this group.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 06-07-2012, 02:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Any French canal will broadcast this wedding?

Old 06-09-2012, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
Any French canal will broadcast this wedding?
Maybe France 2 but nothing is sure...
Old 06-09-2012, 08:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think we don't get to see enough of the couple ! Do other people think like me ?
Old 06-09-2012, 09:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
I think we don't get to see enough of the couple ! Do other people think like me ?
I think like you. rominet09.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
I do! The fact that they are rather low key and mysterious makes them even more interesting to me.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you you two !
Old 06-10-2012, 10:22 PM
Aristocracy

Yes, I feel the same way. I love to see more about them. I love to hear more about Stephanie. Did she have any boyfriends before she met Guillaume? What does she think about being the future Grand Duchess, how about her numerous brothers and sisters? There are so many questions, etc.. It's odd that the press isn't delving more into her life, or if they are, its mostly in Belgium and Luxembourg and it isn't reaching the outside.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Hum I can't wait...big celebrations two days running, I'm glad !
Old 06-20-2012, 04:22 PM
Nobility

I read somewhere that Kate and William might attend, but cant remember where, just wondering if there was any truth to this
Old 06-20-2012, 04:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrann View Post
I read somewhere that Kate and William might attend, but cant remember where, just wondering if there was any truth to this
From what I understand it would not happen - though its the Queen who decides who to send (my understanding). Since Guillaume is an heir, it would have to be Charles as the heir. I hope he attends - would love to see him and Camilla hob-nobbing with the continental royalty!
Old 06-20-2012, 04:46 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

There isn't really a strict code that dictates only an Heir must attend another Heir's wedding. For instance, the Earl and Countess of Wessex (who could be considered somewhat minor royals on global scale) are the most common representatives of Her Majesty for foreign royal events, including weddings of heirs (such as Crown Princess Victoria's wedding). The Queen can choose anyone in her family to represent it, from Prince Charles and Prince William (with their respective wives) to Prince Michael of Kent and the Duke of Gloucester (again, with their spouses).

This said, I do agree it is unlikely William and Kate are going to be there.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:51 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post

There isn't really a strict code that dictates only an Heir must attend another Heir's birthday.
Birthday?
Old 06-20-2012, 04:59 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
Birthday?
Well, birthday too - but of course I meant wedding.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:18 PM
Serene Highness

Since Prince William and Catherine are closer in age to Guillaume and Stephanie, it would make more sense for him to attend the wedding rather than his father Prince Charles.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:33 PM
Heir Apparent

The discussion on this subject has already happened in the other thread. Prince William has never attended any weddings or christenings on the continental Europe as this role has been relegated to Count and Countess of Wessex. I doubt that Grand Ducal house cares about who will represent the House of Windsor.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post

There isn't really a strict code that dictates only an Heir must attend another Heir's wedding.
The only strict rule about who to send as representatives at events of other Royal Houses is that a sovereign never attends the coronation/enthronement/swearing-in of another monarch.

It's virtually assured that William and Kate won't be there, I personally think the Earl and Countess of Wessex are wonderful representatives and should get more attention for all the hard work they put in for the Queen at weddings and other overseas trips.

I honestly can't wait for the wedding I think it's going to be a truly beautiful occasion.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:29 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
The discussion on this subject has already happened in the other thread. Prince William has never attended any weddings or christenings on the continental Europe as this role has been relegated to Count and Countess of Wessex. I doubt that Grand Ducal house cares about who will represent the House of Windsor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy View Post
Since Prince William and Catherine are closer in age to Guillaume and Stephanie, it would make more sense for him to attend the wedding rather than his father Prince Charles.
I understand that Guillaume did not attend William's wedding, his parents did. So it's more likely that Charles will attend, if not the Wessex's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistRiley View Post
The only strict rule about who to send as representatives at events of other Royal Houses is that a sovereign never attends the coronation/enthronement/swearing-in of another monarch.
Why is that?

Quote:
It's virtually assured that William and Kate won't be there, I personally think the Earl and Countess of Wessex are wonderful representatives and should get more attention for all the hard work they put in for the Queen at weddings and other overseas trips.
I agree. I'd like to see both them and Charles and Camilla at the wedding.

Quote:
I honestly can't wait for the wedding I think it's going to be a truly beautiful occasion.
I'm with you. The last wedding of an heir for this generation - it will be lovely to watch.

(Hey, Stephanie, no pressure, girl!)
Old 06-20-2012, 10:49 PM
Heir Apparent

I have mixed feelings about the Cambridges in attendance at this wedding...on the one hand it will virtually assure that there is heightened international media focus on Luxembourg, which means there is a chance some cable channel here in the US will run live coverage.

BUT...I will be very upset if the media focus on the Cambridges overshadows the bridal couple and the other guests. Guillaume and Stephanie are a superb young Royal couple, and they should have center stage on their wedding day.

This wedding sounds like it is going to be simply magnificent...a High Mass in that gorgeous Cathedral, preceded by a Gala evening at the Ducal Palace that will feature most of the Gotha in tiaras, sashes, and white tie...hopefully.

And I can't wait!
Old 06-20-2012, 11:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
Why is that?
I'm not sure, it just seems to have become a de facto tradition as no monarchs attended the Coronation of Elizabeth II or the enthronements of Beatrix or Carl XVI Gustav, for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
BUT...I will be very upset if the media focus on the Cambridges overshadows the bridal couple and the other guests. Guillaume and Stephanie are a superb young Royal couple, and they should have center stage on their wedding day.

This wedding sounds like it is going to be simply magnificent...a High Mass in that gorgeous Cathedral, preceded by a Gala evening at the Ducal Palace that will feature most of the Gotha in tiaras, sashes, and white tie...hopefully.
As much as I am slightly in love with the Duchess of Cambridge I couldn't agree with you more in that if the Cambridges do go (unlikely but stranger things have happened) it will overshadow the rest of the event, which looks like it's going to be amazing! Guillaume and Stephanie are my new favourite couple and I hope the spotlight will be firmly on them too!

Also, do the rest of the European Royal Houses attend Luxembourg's weddings en mass as they seem to do for Scandinavia? I hope so!

Closed Thread