The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 09:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
I'm of the opinion that they would not be missed at all should no one from the BRF attend (though I can't foresee that being the case). I'm over the nonsense of it really. Go or don't go, the show will go on in spectacular style.

The continental royals enjoy one anothers company and interact on what we could consider a regular basis. They attend one anothers celebrations with such an enthusiastic turn out. And they are for more interesting to observe than their British counterparts, I might add.
I could not agree more. I am really eagerly looking forward to this wedding!

Old 04-28-2012, 10:39 PM
Courtier

For a couple or a family that is not interesting, can we stop mentioning them in this tread?

Old 04-29-2012, 12:06 AM
Aristocracy

Yes, this is about Guillaume and Stephanie. I suspect we will have a wedding date soon - as the family in the past have had short engagements - 2-5 months. I do not think sooner than 2 1/2 months - so possibly July 14 which is before the end of the tour de france and the olympics. The family often go on vacation in August plus there are the olympics - but possibly Aug 25, as Sep 1 may be too close to cousin Imre's sep 8th wedding. Otherwise to accomodate Alexandra and Sebastien's schooling it would have to wait for Christmastime - Dec 29 as Dec 22 seems to close. With his other cousin Christophe having a wedding (date not yet announced) sometime after Imre - they might be the ones with the Christmas wedding already.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:37 PM
Courtier

I forgot about Alexandra and Sebastien being at university, though there might be the odd week here and there before Christmas they are free. To be honest I'd be amazed if the wedding was before August at the earliest, unless there's a lot of planning already gone on before the announcement I think there just isn't the time to get everything ready and give enough notice to guests etc.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:25 PM
Royal Highness

I would love to see Alexandra as an adult bridesmaid but it will maybe be the younger sister of the bride if she has one. It would be great to have some royal children in the bridal party such as Arianne, gabriel, Noah and Emmanuel.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:55 PM
Courtier

Perhaps they will marry on Henri and Maria Teresa's anniversary -- February 14!
Old 05-01-2012, 01:25 PM
Serene Highness

I expect the Duke and Duchess of Braganca will attend since they attended Henri and Maria's silver anniversary. Duarte always says that the two families are quite close so it will be nice to see him there.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:26 AM
Nobility

Will there be a separate civil and religious ceremony?
Old 05-03-2012, 08:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

A wonderful time of year! Hope it doesn't rain.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:39 AM
Courtier

Yippee! It's also my Dad's birthday.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:40 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessApple View Post
Will there be a separate civil and religious ceremony?
I'm expecting that there will be.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:08 PM
Aristocracy

Hellomagazine! Article.

Date set for Luxembourg royal wedding - hellomagazine.com
Old 05-03-2012, 09:22 PM
Courtier

All this slagging of the BRF on here is quite childish.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:54 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breffney View Post
I'm expecting that there will be.
Considering Henri and Maria Teresa had a civil and religious ceremony, it does seem likely that this is the practice in Luxembourg; I just wonder that there has been no mention of it - at least, in what I have read. But perhaps the ceremonies of Guillaume and Stephanie will take place on the same day (as per the Prince and Princess of Orange), rather than on two different occasions (as per his parents).

Fall is a lovely time for a wedding!
Old 05-03-2012, 11:12 PM
Serene Highness

I think the BRF comes up for comment because it does not hob-nob with other royalty - sort of keeps to itself - and that's odd when you start looking at the wider picture - that's all.

It was said on another thread that the wedding date has been set - for October. the 20th, I believe. Does anyone think there will be internet streaming of the wedding - I would love to see it in real time.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:14 PM
Courtier

Great to hear the wedding date has been announced. Will they invite Royals from all over the world to attend the wedding ceremony just like the Belgian and Cambridge weddings?
Old 05-04-2012, 02:51 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessApple View Post
Considering Henri and Maria Teresa had a civil and religious ceremony, it does seem likely that this is the practice in Luxembourg; I just wonder that there has been no mention of it - at least, in what I have read. But perhaps the ceremonies of Guillaume and Stephanie will take place on the same day (as per the Prince and Princess of Orange), rather than on two different occasions (as per his parents).

Fall is a lovely time for a wedding!
Henri and Maria Teresa and also Margaretha and marie Astrid had both ceremonies on the same day. First the civil Ceremony at the Palace and afterwards the religious one. Only Guillaume and Sibilla had their ceremonies at different days.
In every case one can think that there will be 2 ceremonies. By lay the are required to have a civil Ceremony as this is the only valid in Luxembourg and one can asumme that they will also have a religious Ceremony.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 05-04-2012, 06:28 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Excellent news,October is my favourite month!
Old 05-04-2012, 06:39 AM
Royal Highness

I'm pretty sure that RTL.lu will have live-coverage, they show every year National Day celebration.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:12 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Henri and Maria Teresa and also Margaretha and marie Astrid had both ceremonies on the same day. First the civil Ceremony at the Palace and afterwards the religious one. Only Guillaume and Sibilla had their ceremonies at different days.
In every case one can think that there will be 2 ceremonies. By lay the are required to have a civil Ceremony as this is the only valid in Luxembourg and one can asumme that they will also have a religious Ceremony.
Thank you for clarifying about Henri and Maria Teresa's ceremonies as well as the law in Luxembourg. For some reason I thought that their civil and the religious ceremony were a few days apart. Perhaps it was the different dresses the bride wore, whereas Maxima wore her wedding gown to their civil and religious wedding ceremony.

I guess we need to wait to hear what Guillaume and Stephanie will do. Although not required by law, I doubt that there will be no religious ceremony.