The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg > Major Royal Events

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 02:51 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazuli View Post
P. Albert is the head of the monegasque state. Attending this kind of ceremonies with the Princess Consort is part of his official and diplomatic functions...
If attending this kind of cermonies is a part of the duties of a royal head of state, why then is queen Elizabeth, king Juan Carlos of Spain and king Carl Gustav of Sweden absent? Shouldn't it be their duty to attend as well as some of you think it that it should be prince Albert's duty? All of these heads of state are sending representatives to the wedding, and if they feel that they have a reason to be absent it's up to them, whether it's an event to the memory of princess Grace or a private hunting trip. As it's said in a Swedish etiquette column, a wedding invitation is an request, not an order to attend the wedding.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:06 AM
Super Moderator

There is not enough space in the Paleis for all guests at the Galadinner on Friday. Therefore the Cahmber of the Parliament which is situated near the Palace will be used for guests.
Wort.lu - Umbau in der Chamber: Vom Plenarsaal zum Dinner-Saal

Royal Travel and Events

Old 10-15-2012, 10:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

If Notre Dame de Luxembourg will wear the late’s Mother’s Veil , perhaps Countess Stephanie will wear Princes Josephine Charlotte’s Lace Veil made in Belgium... and i hope the Tiara from de Belgium Nobility , not the Diamond Bracelet from Congo .
I say Bracelet because I learned from RJMB that Josephine wore on her wedding day the necklace as necklace and the bracelet which is shorter as tiara
(5uch as MT, Marie-Astrid and Margaretha)
Old 10-15-2012, 11:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
If attending this kind of cermonies is a part of the duties of a royal head of state, why then is queen Elizabeth, king Juan Carlos of Spain and king Carl Gustav of Sweden absent? Shouldn't it be their duty to attend as well as some of you think it that it should be prince Albert's duty? All of these heads of state are sending representatives to the wedding, and if they feel that they have a reason to be absent it's up to them, whether it's an event to the memory of princess Grace or a private hunting trip. As it's said in a Swedish etiquette column, a wedding invitation is an request, not an order to attend the wedding.
Great post.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
Perhaps a few minutes googling would eliminate the reason for posts like this one.

Princess Grace foundation is celebrating 30 years since its formation. It was formed shortly after the death of Princess Grace to formalize a dream she had of supporting young performers and artists. As is usually the case I would guess there is other events in connection with this 30 year anniversary, i.e. dinner/reception with the current and perhaps also past years winners, board meeting and other events closely connected with the foundation. This is the event Prince Albert should attend. The Luxemburg wedding is clearly second to the Princess Grace foundation.
Allow me to disagree. The Luxemburg wedding is a matter of State. P. Albert as the Head of a State should attend. A state wedding has an official carachter that places it before any private foundation as Princess Grace Foundation is, despite of its meretory role in the world of the arts. P. Caroline could very well attend the Foundation cerimonies ( as she did in past years) while P. Albert should be in Luxemburg. Besides, the weeding takes place in the 19th _ 20th October weekend. The Princess Grace Foundation awards will take place on the 22nd... two days after the wedding. P. Albert could very well be present in both events, after all that s what planes are for... travel fast around the world. Is it tiresome? Of course, but that why is a Soverain Prince and not an office clerk. No one said his job would be an easy one. This said, i state this is just my opinion and you have all the right to disagree.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Allow me to disagree. The Luxemburg wedding is a matter of State. P. Albert as the Head of a State should attend. A state wedding has an official carachter that places it before any private foundation as Princess Grace Foundation is, despite of its meretory role in the world of the arts. P. Caroline could very well attend the Foundation cerimonies ( as she did in past years) while P. Albert should be in Luxemburg. Besides, the weeding takes place in the 19th _ 20th October weekend. The Princess Grace Foundation awards will take place on the 22nd... two days after the wedding. P. Albert could very well be present in both events, after all that s what planes are for... travel fast around the world. Is it tiresome? Of course, but that why is a Soverain Prince and not an office clerk. No one said his job would be an easy one. This said, i state this is just my opinion and you have all the right to disagree.
Albert reigns, Guillaume is a crown prince equivalent. Generally, the various houses send as representation their equivalent rank. In this instance, P Caroline would be the correct person to attend, as she is (currently) next in line for Monaco.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Allow me to disagree. The Luxemburg wedding is a matter of State. P. Albert as the Head of a State should attend.
Why is it so important to you that Albert attends, when it doesn't seem to be as important to you that the royal heads of state from Britain, Spain and Sweden attend??
Old 10-15-2012, 04:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Why is it so important to you that Albert attends, when it doesn't seem to be as important to you that the royal heads of state from Britain, Spain and Sweden attend??
Fair question. The Hereditary Princess of Monaco is attending the wedding of the Hereditary Grand Duke of Luxembourg. As nice as it would be to see Albert and Charlene at another wedding, the Monagasque level of representation seems fair. It is not as if Albert is the only European reigning monarch who will not be in attendance.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Just a nice anecdote: Stephanie hat made her first public appearance abroad at the christening of Princess Estelle of Sweden.

Princess Estelle will made her first steps abroad as a "guest" at the wedding of Stephanie and Guillaume.

Billed-Bladet - Prinsesse Estelle forlader Sverige for første gang
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Not enough space in the Palais? Are all the royal guests going to the Gala too? Is that just assumed?
Old 10-15-2012, 08:17 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Just a nice anecdote: Stephanie hat made her first public appearance abroad at the christening of Princess Estelle of Sweden.

Princess Estelle will made her first steps abroad as a "guest" at the wedding of Stephanie and Guillaume.

Billed-Bladet - Prinsesse Estelle forlader Sverige for første gang
She will actually be at the ceremony? Wow! She must be one well-behaved six-month-old . If it is the case, then I'm looking forward to seeing her looking all precious in a 'fancy' dress.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:20 PM
Serene Highness

Wouldn't little Estelle be taken care of by a nanny or friends during the ceremony? But I think it's great that Victoria and Daniel will take her with them; perhaps Victoria is nursing Estelle? What a nice little family and a model for Guillaume and Stephanie!
Old 10-15-2012, 08:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

I would love to see Estelle but would be surprised if she attended the ceremony (maybe in the rear)
Old 10-15-2012, 10:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Not enough space in the Palais? Are all the royal guests going to the Gala too? Is that just assumed?
If the royal guests are there on Friday they are most likely to go to the dinner, as well as the guests at the Swedish and British weddings in 2010 and 2011 attended the festivities the evening before the church wedding.

Here's the article in English: Wort.lu - Parliament transformed into dinner venue
Old 10-16-2012, 12:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
She will actually be at the ceremony? Wow! She must be one well-behaved six-month-old . If it is the case, then I'm looking forward to seeing her looking all precious in a 'fancy' dress.
I know that Estelle will be in Luxembourg with her parents but I emphatically do not want to see her in the Cathedral.

Not only is it unfair to the bride and groom to take the risk of the baby becoming upset and disrupting their ceremony, it's unfair to Estelle. This is a going to be a Solemn Nuptial Mass which means it will be at least an hour and a half long.

Protocol requires CP Victoria and Prince Daniel to be seated up near the altar with the other Royals. They cannot sit in the back. Unless they will have the baby at the rear with her nurse while they are up front in their seats...but what would be the point of that?

I have watched several Royal weddings live but I have never seen one where a couple brought an infant to the Church.

Leave Estelle with her nanny at the Palace or Hotel or wherever for the Church ceremony.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:41 AM
Courtier

I have read elsewhere that Estelle will be in Luxembourg with her parents but looked after by a Nanny while all the festivities take place. So she will not be at the wedding ceremony.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:19 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel1 View Post
Wouldn't little Estelle be taken care of by a nanny or friends during the ceremony? But I think it's great that Victoria and Daniel will take her with them; perhaps Victoria is nursing Estelle? What a nice little family and a model for Guillaume and Stephanie!
To answer your question, I do believe it was confirmed Victoria is nursing little Estelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellad View Post
I have read elsewhere that Estelle will be in Luxembourg with her parents but looked after by a Nanny while all the festivities take place. So she will not be at the wedding ceremony.
I have also read the same.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:20 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

Diplomatic reasons mainly, i guess. For instance, Queen Silvia and the Crown Princess Victoria ( heiress to the swedish throne ) will be there. The spanish heir to the throne will attend ( and we can speculate that Spain is living a major economic crisis and that their Majesties could consider that their attendance to the wedding could send a wrong message to the spanish people ). As for the BRF, i think it would be more appropriate to send Charles and Camilla, or even, the Cambridges to the event than the Wessexes. After all it s the wedding of an heir to an european throne. P. Charles is the british heir and P. William is the second in line of succession, therefore they re closer to Guillaume s rank than the Wessexes.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:00 PM
Aristocracy

I think it is as well who we might want to see over who will attend. I think many know when a wedding takes place the British Crown will send the Earl and Countess. I think the only people upset needs to relax. It is what is expected and not a problem with the principles.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:56 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Diplomatic reasons mainly, i guess. For instance, Queen Silvia and the Crown Princess Victoria ( heiress to the swedish throne ) will be there. The spanish heir to the throne will attend ( and we can speculate that Spain is living a major economic crisis and that their Majesties could consider that their attendance to the wedding could send a wrong message to the spanish people ). As for the BRF, i think it would be more appropriate to send Charles and Camilla, or even, the Cambridges to the event than the Wessexes. After all it s the wedding of an heir to an european throne. P. Charles is the british heir and P. William is the second in line of succession, therefore they re closer to Guillaume s rank than the Wessexes.
And princess Caroline is the heir to the Monegasque thone, so the level of representation is as high from Monaco as it is from Spain, and higher than the British level, so if it's acceptable for Spain to send the heir, it should be as acceptable that Monaco sends it's Hereditary princess to the Luxembourg wedding.