The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg > Major Royal Events

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 08:27 AM
Courtier

I suppose it means Seine/Ihre Kaiserlich Königliche Hoheit which is German for His Her Imperial and Royal Highness. Was confused by it as well but I am pretty sure I am right. Google translation messed it up because of the HH instead of SI for SEINE and IHRE.

Old 10-12-2012, 10:40 AM
Heir Apparent

^^^^
The wedding ceremony is a morning event so there won't be tiaras for the ladies. We don't know yet if the gala the night before will be black tie and no tiaras (like WA & Maxima) or white tie & tiaras like in Scandinavia.

Old 10-12-2012, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco

not alot of ME royals will attend only Jordan and Morocco it's pitty.
i am looking forward to see Princess Zaina of Jordan at the wedding that must be her first big event as Princess since her marriage into the JRF.
looking forward to see Princess Caroline too.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:09 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
I have to be honest I screamed with pure delight! when I saw Caroline's name on the list!!!!

Serioulsy, IIRC she hasn't been to one of these since Danish Crown Prince Frederick married Mary Donaldson back in 2004 (8 years ago). I'll never forget that because that's when she wore the mysterious long-lost Brunswick Tiara (originally owned by Empress Josephine of France circa 1790's), shocking everyone, including moi!

Caroline of Hanover | Brunswick Tiara onced owened by Josephine Empress of France

Caroline von Hannover mit dem Braunschweigische Diadem

Joséphine de Beauharnais - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Princess Caroline Pictures - Wedding Of Danish Crown Prince Frederik and Mary Donaldson - Zimbio

That said, if Albert & Charlene really do not show up I will be disappointed because they make a lovely couple, and also I've been spoilt seeing them at Victoria & Daniel's wedding, as well as Kate & William's.

If I had my wish I'd love to see Albert & Charlene representing Monaco (with Stephanie invited also) and Caroline as Hanover's representative (with one of her Hanoverian stepsons accompanying her, or even one of her daughters, one can dream, lol). In fact I recall in the past Caroline showed up at a few high profile weddings with her Hanoverian husband, and her little brother Albert was there by himself representing Monaco.

IMHO enough time has passed since her unofficial split with Ernst-August that it's okay for Caroline to join high society again. Being a staunch Catholic herself, I believe Caroline will be married to Ernst till the bitter end, for better or worse, for better or worse...

WHAT?!? P. Caroline will attend the wedding??? Hurrah! Oh i m so happy that she will attend and i m so looking forward to see her in all her elegance and glamour... And will she be there alone? Who will pair with her? One of her stepsons ( asuming that she ll be there representing the House of Hanover ) or one of her sons? Oh i would love to see her attending the cerimony with Andrea...
Old 10-12-2012, 07:03 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagMil View Post
Prince Carl Phillip join Queen Silvia , CP Victoria and P.Daniel at Guillaume's wedding
Även prins Carl Philip åker till Luxemburg-bröllopet | Svensk Damtidning *** translation
Well, the Swedes will certainly be very well represented.
I say, the more royals the better: it's not as though we (royal watchers) have many of these occasions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanievl View Post
Guest list
Source Place Royale (according the webiste the list was provided by the Luxembourg court today)
Translated with google translate)
We might still have some surprise appearances: for instance, the guest list doesn't list Crown Prince Alexander II and Princess Katherine of Serbia, yet they are confirmed to attend the wedding.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:13 PM
Heir Apparent

HURRAY!!!! I have just now learned that Eduard Vermeulen(Natan) has confirmed that he is NOT the designer of Stephanie's bridal gown...what a relief!!!
Old 10-12-2012, 11:20 PM
Heir Apparent

lazuli, I was also thrilled to learn that my favorite Princess(Caroline) will be at the Luxembourg wedding. I still think it's bad form for Albert and Charlene not to be in attendance, but Caroline and Henri have been friends since childhood and I think she has a warm relationship with Maria Teresa as well.

And there is some even more exciting wedding news...NATAN IS NOT THE DESIGNER OF STEPHANIE'S WEDDING GOWN!!!

He has confirmed it to the Luxembourg media!!
Old 10-13-2012, 03:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

I wonder why the Serbian royal couple is not included in the guestlist provided by the LRF, but they are attending.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:42 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
HURRAY!!!! I have just now learned that Eduard Vermeulen(Natan) has confirmed that he is NOT the designer of Stephanie's bridal gown...what a relief!!!
Now, that is good news
I know that Natan has some fans out there, but I'm definitely not amoung them.
Old 10-13-2012, 04:09 AM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I also read it. I thinks he is very good in bridal wear, My favorite wedding dress, the one of princess Claire is natan's.

Natan will dress Maria Teresa, Alexandra, Tessy, Mathilde and Máxima for the occasion.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:35 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanievl

I also read it. I thinks he is very good in bridal wear, My favorite wedding dress, the one of princess Claire is natan's.

Natan will dress Maria Teresa, Alexandra, Tessy, Mathilde and Máxima for the occasion.
Noooooo. Doesn't he make them look bad enough? I wish they would stop giving him their money. Its just bad clothes happening to gorgeous women....praise baby jesus he's not dressing Stephanie.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:43 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Nice that he will not design the dress of Stéphanie, but a pity that we will have to see his clothes on so many other royal ladies. I can't imagine why they are such a fan of his clothes as they are usually not very flattering, badly tailored, ill fitting and of the shiniest fabrics. He does seem like a friendly man, but that shouldn't be a reason to wearing his creations.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:23 AM
Courtier

I am happy to learn that Nathan wasn't chosen for the wedding dress.
But I am disappointed that so many other ladies including Maria Teresa had chosen him.For Maxima and mathilde this is not surprising at all
I can't imagine Tessy and Alexandra in Nathan creations.These two need more fashionable and youthful dresses
Elie Saab seems to be one of the favourite designer of Maria Teresa,I hope Stephanie has opted for him for her wedding dress.I can't forget the marvelous pre wedding dress of CP Victoria of Sweden.It's my all time favourite pre wedding dress.
Armani will be a good choice too.Princess Charlene wedding dress was gorgeous too
Old 10-13-2012, 07:16 AM
Royal Highness

i dont know why the royal ladies choose Natan, his clothes arent the most interesting and flattering...so im glad Stephanie will wear another designer!

Elie Saab is one of my favourite designers, his creations are the most glamorous to my taste! another one that i like is Marchesa, i wonder why the royal ladies dont wear Marchesa creations, i think i only saw Madeleine's wear some dresses, too bad because many of my all-time favourite dresses are Marchesa's.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:28 AM
Royal Highness

^im happy too!!! Natan's boring.
so my guess on her whole bridal clothes:
-Tiara (a Lannoy's tiara);
-Hair (an updoo),
-Veil (Guillaume's family veil);
-Jewels (new jewels, aka: necklace and earrings);
-Dress (YAY its not Natan!!!!! but i dont know who to guess, he was the obvious choice...);
-Shoes (Christian Loubotin shoes);
-Bouquet (Big bouquet like Maxima's and Mathilde's, i'll guess a Purple color attached)

thats it!!! for the design of the dress, i think she'll opt will a round dress and sleeves...
Old 10-13-2012, 08:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

I am looking forward this wedding of the last Crown Prince in Europe whatever Countess Stephanie designer is and whatever tiara she will wear.
I am very impressed by such a Royal attendance , the Grand Ducal Court is popular.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:26 AM
Heir Apparent

I can picture her wearing a dress like Maxima or Mathilde's. Of course, she might suprise us!
Old 10-13-2012, 08:35 AM
Serene Highness

maria-olivia, you are right, this is the last crown prince wedding in europe for a very long time. it just hit me. we will probably have to wait a loooong time till we see weddings of such grandeur. *sigh*
Old 10-13-2012, 08:39 AM
Heir Apparent

i am also secretly happy natan is not dressing stephanie :)

i'm keeping fingers crossed for the other ladies. i bet it will be fabienne delvigne creating the hats for the grand ducal family and even for maxima and mathilde.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-13-2012, 01:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
^im happy too!!! Natan's boring.
so my guess on her whole bridal clothes:
-Tiara (a Lannoy's tiara);
-Hair (an updoo),
-Veil (Guillaume's family veil);
-Jewels (new jewels, aka: necklace and earrings);
-Dress (YAY its not Natan!!!!! but i dont know who to guess, he was the obvious choice...);
-Shoes (Christian Loubotin shoes);
-Bouquet (Big bouquet like Maxima's and Mathilde's, i'll guess a Purple color attached)

thats it!!! for the design of the dress, i think she'll opt will a round dress and sleeves...
According to her interviews last week she will wear her late mother's bridal veil.

And yes, I am almost certain that her very long blonde hair will be in an upsweep for the Church ceremony at least.