Guillaume and Stéphanie: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Charles went to Haakon's, Willem's and Felipe's, I can't find him in any pictures for Constantijn's wedding. I don't know if Andrew attended a wedding and I can't remember who else got married.

I will get back on topic too: Of course I'm very interested to see the guests but mainly the dress. I'm a sucker for a dress me. :lol:

Charles also attended the Wedding of Infanta Elena in 1995. Don't remember Andrew at a Wedding but he was the repesntative at the funeral of Grand Duchess Joséphine.Charlotte. And Anne at the Silver Wedding of Henri and Maria Teresa.

Charles also attended the Wedding of Infanta Elena in 1995. Don't remember Andrew at a Wedding but he was the repesntative at the funeral of Grand Duchess Joséphine.Charlotte. And Anne at the Silver Wedding of Henri and Maria Teresa.

Elena isn't an heir though which was what I meant anyway.

Do you mean Edward was sent because he was young or Charles? Because the first CP wedding was Philippe of Belgium in 1999 and Edward was already married.

I meant that Edward was sent to all the foreign weddings and birthdays etc. in the hope that perhaps he would settle down and meet someone. I was of course only jesting, as he was already with Sophie when he attended many of his foreign engagements at weddings and such.

Lumutqueen said:
Charles went to Haakon's, Willem's and Felipe's, I can't find him in any pictures for Constantijn's wedding. I don't know if Andrew attended a wedding and I can't remember who else got married.

I meant the Wessex's attend Constantijn's wedding, not Charles. It meant that Edward and Sophie went to two weddings in 2001 and again I was jesting at them loving a wedding. :)

Perhaps Andrew did not attend a wedding in 2004, but I am sure he has attended a foreign wedding. I also found it odd that Edward did not go Felipe's wedding as Felipe attended his wedding. I also found it odd that Edward did not go Joachim's wedding to Marie as Joachim attended Edward's wedding with Alexandra, and he is course godfather to Nikolai. Royal politics! Of course Edward may have just been busy for the aforementioned occasions, but it was odd.

I am looking forward to the bride's dress too, but I am also looking forward to the guest's outfits.

Does anyone know the dress code for men, military uniforms?

I think it is not mostly about the age who attends, but about who gets along with whom. And there the age could be a factor.
I´m sure we can expect Maxima/WA and Mathilde/Philippe there because he´s godfather to the children.

The Norwegians are also related to the Luxembourgs through Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte who I think was 2nd cousin to King Harold.
Joséphine-Charlotte and Harald were first cousins, their mothers' were sisters.
Does anyone know on what 'scale' this wedding will be. Will there be as many people as William's and Catherine's (1900 people) or on a smaller scale ,like CP Victoria's or CP Fred's?
If you by "scale" mean the number of guests that are invited, that will depend on how many people can be seated in the Notre-Dame Cathedral of Luxembourg, and it's not the size of Westminster Abbey, it looks quite small for a cathedral: Notre-Dame Cathedral, Luxembourg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
will the wedding have the same dress code tradition as Prinsjesdag in The Netherlands? i think i saw long dresses and hats for Henri and Maria Teresa's wedding.
I would think the dress code will be the same as for the wedding of William and Catherine, as both are pre-noon weddings, with knee-length skirts and hats for the ladies. Long dress and hats would only be suitable for weddings starting after noon (for example the wedding between king Carl Gustaf and Silvia Sommerlath).

I expect the whole Belgian Royal Family to show up, they are after all some of the closest relatives the groom has in the royal sphere :D

Maybe some of the kids would be in the bridal party? I wouldn't be surprised if Elisabeth or Louise are picked for it.

When will the official list be released? haven't they launched a wedding website yet?

Moonmaiden, thanks for the more recent picture of Guillaume and Stephanie. I love her new smooth and tamed hair. She looks more mature since the death of her mother, more of a depth in her face. Of course I'm presuming the new photo was taken since her mother's death. I am glad to see she can smile. What a regal lady she is! Wow!

Stephanie looks beautiful but I'm not happy to notice she's looking very thin, can't blame her though :(

Mariel I am pretty sure that photo was taken earlier this summer before the death of the Comtesse. Guillaume has lost weight since that photo was taken...we saw how much thinner he appeared at the funeral a few weeks ago.

But I agree with you, Stephanie's honey blonde hair is beautiful. She should cut her hair into a style...keep it long just shape it around her face in layers. She is a pretty girl who is not especially photogenic unfortunately. But with a few tweaks she could be spectacular. :whistling:

I really love that photo and I can't wait for the wedding. :)

Last edited:
I just think she look old for her age, but a new hairstyle will change all that and i hope she wow everyone on her wedding day, please i pray they don't dress her like a clowns with too much make up since she have a nice young skin and need a soft make-up to bring out that youth.
and for the wedding dresses she should get ideal from bridal runway or someone get her a new stylist. because the engagement photo dresses was too old and way too much for her so i hope they learn and dress her for her youth just like any other young bride and i hope they don't age her up with the dresses they chose for her nd the make-up and hair. p.s just keep it simple and chic

Indeed, the royal court announced it yesterday. I will be interested to see ML's choice of outfit, I'll be taking bets on red and yellow. ;)
But PLEASE not that yellow thing from Felipe and Letizia's wedding. :whistling: ;)

i can't see the new picture. :( has it been removed from the website?

i hope we get more wedding info soon. i can't wait! we are surely in for something amazing.

thanks! the picture is lovely, i guess by the sunny background that it was taken in the summer. they look fantastic.

Maybe some of the kids would be in the bridal party? I wouldn't be surprised if Elisabeth or Louise are picked for it.
maybe, as they are older they might attend the whole thing.
as for page boys and flower girls (?), it will probably be Guillaume's godchildren, Emmanuel, Ariane and his two little nephews

For page boys and flower girls, it'll probably be some of Guillaume's godchildren and some of Stephaie's 14 young nieces and nephew, though, probably not Ignace since he's only a couple of weeks old.

Indeed, the royal court announced it yesterday. I will be interested to see ML's choice of outfit, I'll be taking bets on red and yellow. ;)
Call me crazy, but I liked her yellow and red outfit. Very ... individual. ;)

As an open tiaraholic I'm of course most interested in the bride's tiara. She'll surely look lovely.

Here is a wonderful article that just came out in Hello Magazine entitled: "Ahead of the Luxembourg royal wedding: Memories of Grand Duke and Duchess, Henri and Maria Teresa's union." It's full of great pictures...
With a month to go until the Luxembourg royal wedding we remember the union of Grand Duke Henri and his wife Maria Teresa - hellomagazine.com

Thank you, Rayarena. I agree that Maria Teresa was a lovely bride.

I had forgotten that Prince Philippe of Belgium was his cousin Henri's best man. You can see him in the second picture standing to the right of Henri.

The older woman in the fur coat who is holding Maria Teresa's train, along with her sister, is Hofdame Mme Christian Calmes. Her husband was Grand Marshal of Luxembourg from 1981 until 1984. I can never understand why she helped carry the train. Any ideas?

Last edited:
The older woman in the fur coat who is holding Maria Teresa's train, along with her sister, is Hofdame Mme Christian Calmes. Her husband was Grand Marshal of Luxembourg from 1981 until 1984. I can never understand why she helped carry the train. Any ideas?

Did she also help with the train at the 2 Weddings in 1982. Anyone i hope that plan it different this time so that they don't need a Hofdame to help with the train.

Stephanie is a lovely young woman, and she looks very elegant in that hairdo and dress, but she more often than not looks so matronly. That dress just hangs down, no designs, no buttons, nothing but a long blue robe. In fact, it makes her look as if she's expecting. Surely, she could compromise, find an outfit fitting of a young aristocrat and royal bride-to-be and at the same time take advantage of her youthfulness. I remember the late Lady Diana Spencer and her many pictures with Charles. She seemed to find a nice balance that looked elegant and at the same time youthful.

Very nice pictures indeed.

WHO are Prince Guillaume’s godfather and godmother ??

His Uncle Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg and Aunt Princesse Marie-Astrid, Archduchess Habsbourg-Lotringen, née Princess of luxemborug.

Grand Duc Henri's oldest sister & youngest brother.

Last edited:
maybe, as they are older they might attend the whole thing.
as for page boys and flower girls (?), it will probably be Guillaume's godchildren, Emmanuel, Ariane and his two little nephews

Guillaume is also godfather of his nephew NOAH!

Naruhito will represent japan at the royal wedding and william and kate will not be in attendance:
Wort.lu - Japanese Crown Prince on Luxembourg Royal wedding guest list

Wort.lu - Kate and Will won't be at the Luxembourg wedding

I'm actually glad William and Kate will not be in attendance; now, the focus will be mainly on Guillaume and Stephanie, not anyone else.
It's a pity Crown Princess Masako will (apparently) not accompany Crown Prince Naruhito though; I'd love to see her on a major royal event again.

I had not heard the Crown Princess of Japan was having any health problems so that is nor good to hear. Speedy recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom