Guillaume and Stéphanie: Wedding Guest Fashions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Letizia's outfit's got to be my favourite for today! She looked impeccable from head to toe!

And what to say about the bride? This girl is so cute! The wedding gown was fantastic, loved all the embroidery and details, just perfect!
Guillaume looked very serene and noble, while waiting for her. Truly sweet!!! :flowers:

My favourites of the guests in the church: Caroline and Mary

Of the Natan club I think Maria Teresa, Paola and Maxima were well dressed, but I didn't like the others.

Last edited:
Lumutqueen said:
Right comprehensive list of religious wedding outfits;

Princess Letizia - http://www.semana.es/galeria/boda-real-en-luxemburgo-los-invitados/
Princess Mary - Crown Princess Mary Of Denmark And Crown Prince Frederic Of
Princess Maxima - Princess Maxima Of The Netherlands And Prince Willem
Princess Victoria - Crown Princess Victoria Of Sweden And Prince Daniel Of
Countess Sophie - Princess Sophie Of Wessex And Prince Edward Of Wessex
Clothilde - Prince Emmanuel De Savoie And Clotilde Courau Attend The
Princess Caroline - Princess Caroline Of Hanover Attends The Wedding Ceremony
Princess Sarvath - Prince Hassan Of Jordan And Princess Sarvath Of Jordan
Grand Duchess Maria-Theresa - [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Queen Margrethe - [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Queen Sonja - [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Queen Paolo - [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Queen Beatrix - [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Marie of Liechtenstein - [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Mrs Dominique de Schaetzen - [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Queen Margarita of Bulgaria - [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Lalla Salma of Morocco - [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Princess Mathilde - [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Princess Mette-Marit - [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Princess Marie-Chantal - http://bodasreales.hola.com/imagenes/guillermo-luxemburgo-stephanie-lannoy/boda-real/201210202193/invitados-boda-real-luxemburgo/0-10-697/invitados-1--a.jpg
Queen Fabiola (far right) - http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010070031F13507253312141782

Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg, bridesmaid (on the left) - [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto, http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010070031F13507253312141782
Princess Tessy of Luxembourg (grey, massive hat!) - Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Found her (and others) -

Princess Claire - http://www.ppe-agency.com/preview.php?start=0&id=87154&zoektype=2&search=20-10-2012%20Marriage
Princess Astrid - http://www.ppe-agency.com/preview.php?start=0&id=87153&zoektype=2&search=20-10-2012%20Marriage
Anne-Marie - http://www.ppe-agency.com/preview.php?start=0&id=87155&zoektype=2&search=20-10-2012%20Marriage

CASSARD said:
Where is Claire of Belgium?

If you look at my post above there is a picture of her, she's wearing brown.

Best dressed royal lady for me was Princess Lalla Salma of Morocco with Queen Silvia, Princess Clotilde, Mette-Marit and Sophie of Wessex following close behind.

Lalla added a much need punch of color that was not purple pink or beige/drab. Plus her caftan and jewels were stunning.

worst dressed: Caroline and Tessy

Last edited:
The kaftan photographs blue but when I saw it on the live stream it was definitely purple.

Although I think all the ladies looked lovely. For me Crown Princess Mathilde of Belgium looks the best tonight.

My favourites:

1. Letizia
2. Mary (minus the hat)
3. Victoria
4. Lalla Salma
5. Sophie Wessex

What is with Mathilde going low cost for everything

she doesn't. I remember she wore Armani at both Monaco's and Cambridge's.
And I think Maxima wore Natan too today..so the Duchess of Brabant is not the only one going in low cost (even if I bet Natan's outfits worn by princesses just look low cost)

what's wrong with Maxima btw? Yesterday she looked like she came out of a Moulin Rouge show...today she put that pheasant on her head....

There were more Hits than Misses at this wedding, so I'll concentrate on the "misses" and why:

Trixie and Daisy -- really ladies, please try not to re-cycle everyday wear for a royal wedding. Tsk ... tsk ...
Marie Chantal ... what happened to your boobs?
Mette Marit ... just NO!! NO!!! NO!!
Sophie ... what were you thinking? No one with a bit of hip should ever wear anything with a square neckline that's nipped in at the waist ... and, to make matters worse --- a horrendous print.

Many hits, I agree. If Clothilde wore a bra, I would give her the star, love the dress on her.
Marie Chantal too, terrific wedding outfit, needed a little padding up top, imo.
Mary and Letizia perfect also, except for the hats, too big.
Maxima and Caroline, thanks for the orginality, you both can pull it off, except hate Max's shoes and wouldn't want to be recipient of feathers in church!
for misses:
Mathilde, simply awful, I cringed, looks like an overstuffed something. Bad color, shine, fit, Diamond brooch added points.
Sophie- dont have the figure to pull it off, not appropriate style
MM-hair and hat problem, need a more open neck and not good color for her.
Silvia was the only queen who looked pretty, imo. The others wore suits, coats that made them look squat.
Adore pages

Does anybody a picture about Mette-Marit without the blue Valentino jacket? I have seen if she came out the bus, that she wear something purple under the jacket.

Does anybody a picture about Mette-Marit without the blue Valentino jacket? I have seen if she came out the bus, that she wear something purple under the jacket.

She never took the jacket off, she did seem to have a purple dress or skirt underneath.

Just come back from my Brussel’s hairdresser and the critics about Queen Paola were harsh...The guest were more attractive than the Queens etc...
In the Church where it was very hot they said our Queen was looking as an old Lady with a winter hat.
I think that due to this unexpected weather she should have had a plan B hat.
Also our Princesses who choose bad colors and Princess Astrid’s hat.
For the jewels MT wore a Natan’s fake brooch but Mathilde wore again Queen Fabiola’s stunning brooch.
Ah , the customers of hairdressers .. everybody agreed that Prince Amedeo was very handsome.
I just read my book , and said to myself , lucky I am not a Royal...

My best dressed of the guests (in no particular order because I'm soaking it all in):
- Caroline: divine
- Letizia: it is so HER, and I love a wide cloche hat
- Victoria: I like the detailing on the coat, and I share her love of the contrast between gray and salmon
- Maxima: It's so classic, the colors are great for a fall wedding, and the hat is a statement.
- Clothilde: Chic and simply so well suited to her.
- Mette Marit: I love her daring with clothes. I think it's going to much commented-upon that she didn't choose a hat, but I think this is so different and lovely
- Sophie: Really classy and lovely
- Maria Teresa: She looks amazing! Radiant and happy and bright and amazing!

Stephanie was perfection itself - enough said. I just want to point out my frustration with someone on another site who said her flowers were too white. That is just a ridiculous statement...

I liked the attendants' outfits, though I can see the problem with the little ones' outfits. Still, Alexandra and Antonia looked amazing. Alexandra's makeup in particular was stunning.

Just come back from my Brussel’s hairdresser and the critics about Queen Paola were harsh...The guest were more attractive than the Queens etc...
In the Church where it was very hot they said our Queen was looking as an old Lady with a winter hat.
I think that due to this unexpected weather she should have had a plan B hat.
Also our Princesses who choose bad colors and Princess Astrid’s hat.
For the jewels MT wore a Natan’s fake brooch but Mathilde wore again Queen Fabiola’s stunning brooch.
Ah , the customers of hairdressers .. everybody agreed that Prince Amedeo was very handsome.
I just read my book , and said to myself , lucky I am not a Royal...
I was disappointed in the Belgians today, but not last night.
I think of all of them, the Queen looked the best today, Mathilde looked better in the videos than the still pictures.
But Claire and Astrid really didn't look well. they both wore belted coats and looked so lumpy and they are not, they both have very nice figures. I would attribute it to Natan, once more...

Just was able to watch some video from RTL on arrivals and Princess Sibilla was simply lovely.
She wore red and a huge hat, but was able to pull it off just perfectly as she was able to wear the giant tiara the night before!

I think the queens have done better in the church wedding than those princesses from next generation. I feel disappointed to MM, Maxima and Mathilde. MM picked a dress with a rare colour for wedding even most of us know that it is her favourite colour for fashion choices. Maxima is really horrible in her outfit, she may think that this is a halloween party. For Mathilde, I hate the shoes, why she loves to wear those shoes especially for a woman who is very tall and her outfit is just bored.
Mary is quite nice without the hat. But I think there is not a "WOW" matter in her outfit.
Caroline's dress is pretty good but I don't know why it just isn't look good on her, maybe its too much for a morning wedding. No bling bling is needed. Also, her hair is pulling too tight, a better hairstyle will be better.
Victoria did a quite good job, but I am still not fond of the matching of grey and blond. I also think that her dress and coat is a bit too long for her, especially the dress is a bit longer than the coat looked quite strange.
I am very shocked to see MT's outfit. She looked like an orange. I hope for a more regal look to her. What happen to all the royals ladies in lumxembourg family.
Clothilde is pretty but if she really showed that she didn't wear a bra inside, that is very inappropriate. Sophie's dress shape is quite good but the print on the dress is not so good. Claire's outfit is bored as Mathilde. Martha Louise is quite nice from hat too dress but not her shoes. Lala Salma is very beautiful in her special blue dress, she looked very confident and happy and I like her hair a lot.
I will vote the best dressed lady to Letizia. I think the hat is a bit heavier to the whole outlook but it's really pretty and matched her floral coat which is gorgeous. I like the colour of her outfiti for the autumn wedding.

The Best in My Opinion , Princess Mary & Lalla Salma outfits And Princess Zeina of jordan was lovely too

Last edited:
What type of dress uniform is Count Jehan de Lannoy wearing? I assume it's Belgian but what branch of service? What's his rank?

best dressed today
Lalla salma and Princess Caroline.

I am not sure about the Chanel creation Princess Caroline wore. She has got amazing legs. My choice for the best-dressed is Lalla Salma. I expected better outfits from other ladies. Marie-Chantal's ensemble was all right, but her headpiece was way too whimsical.
It seems that Mr. Vermeulen is the only person who works for various courts and who they allow to be indiscrete! I wish they would all switch to other designers, also because his designs are seldom flattering.
I fully agree with you. It is inappropriate to announce the client list in such manner.

Last edited:
I would have liked MT's dress if it wasn't for that shawl? top? Cover up? I don't know what to call it and that brooch.

One well-dressed royal lady in the older generation was Princess Marie-Aglae of Liechtenstein, I like her grey ensemble with black accessories, even if I would have preferred that she hadn't wore black stockings: http://tinyurl.com/8ltrr5w

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom