Guillaume and Stéphanie: Wedding Guest Fashions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion :

Best dressed: Princess Lalla Salma and Princess Letizia of Spain
Worst dressed: Princess Maxima of Holland, Princess Victoria of Sweden, Princess Mathilde of Belgium ( although Friday was gorgeous in her royal-blue dress), Princess Caroline of Monaco

I agree that Countess of Wessex lands on worst dressed list. Her overall was really nice but what was on with the print of her dress was just off. I was also disappointed that her outfit was too dark for a wedding.

Princess Tessy surprisingly was dressed really nicely. Though she could've gone for a different color and still look as good. Does anyone know who designed her dress?

Countess of Wessex 's dress pattern is nice but as upholstery fabric. Is not suitable for the royal wedding.
Princess Tessy of fashion designers do not know what I'm wondering.

Edouard Vermeulen /NATAN said on TV that the Grand Duchess MT telephoned him about
Tessy ’s dress and he adviced....
He was sitting next to Elie Saab in the Church and said to him it is a Princess’s wedding dress. Elie Saab told him that the dress took hours and hours work.
I think that Natan who is working to gether with Fabienne Delvigne could do better. The material of Princess Mathilde ’s dress was low key.
He should not adice MT to wear his Natan’s fake brooch as she was wonderful jewelry herself.

Edouard Vermeulen /NATAN said on TV that the Grand Duchess MT telephoned him about
Tessy ’s dress and he adviced....
He was sitting next to Elie Saab in the Church and said to him it is a Princess’s wedding dress. Elie Saab told him that the dress took hours and hours work.
I think that Natan who is working to gether with Fabienne Delvigne could do better. The material of Princess Mathilde ’s dress was low key.
He should not adice MT to wear his Natan’s fake brooch as she was wonderful jewelry herself.

For me the designer should not disclose who called to him, is not it? He is indiscreet. Especially when it revealed that who will be wearing outfits designed by him at the royal wedding. He could tell it after the wedding and not before.

I guess I'm the only one who didn't like Letizia or Tessy's outfits. Letizia looks overwhelmed by the fabric and that hat. I liked the color of Tessy tunic dress but I thought she looked too old for such a dress.

Does anyone know if Prince Felix's girlfriend attended the wedding? I know she attended Felix's cousin, Archduke Imre's wedding.

I guess I'm the only one who didn't like Letizia or Tessy's outfits. Letizia looks overwhelmed by the fabric and that hat. I liked the color of Tessy tunic dress but I thought she looked too old for such a dress.
I agree with you.
Tessy is in my worst dressed along with Princess Claire and Princess Astrid and Sophie Wessex who all looked as though they were wearing upholstry fabric and couldnt breathe in their tight belts.
Tessy's dress had no style and the color was too dark for a wedding.

Letitzia's hat looked ok in still pictures, in video it looks way to big, almost comical.

Princess of Sibilla and marie chantal (with bra next time) are in my top

OMG the more I take a look at various pictures of the wedding the more I am horrified
A lot of red carpet disasters...
Take a closer look at the Belgian Royal Family (I am a nattive Belgian, so do not think I have something against them)
But, and I am sorry to say this, Queen Paola and princess Astrid look if they are recycling the old curtains of the royal palace...
CP Mathilde instead, has recycled her bedspread?
In Italian we say, (translated), have a little patience... I can have a lot of patience but my patience ends somewhere toooooo
What a pity that many of them do not manage to dress properly, and I stick to my favourite! Letizia princess of Asturia! The dress, the hat, the shoes... she had it all!

For me the worst, the most FAILED choice at the church was the mother of the groom. In any case when you are short and fat you do not choose such shape and such colour... nightmare.
But, beyong the personnal appearance (you arer free to go out verry ridiculous, if you like) MT failed because her choice of dress was a lack of delicateness. You never wear such a flashy outfit, when you are "near" the bride, SHE has to attire all the glances, SHE has to be the center of attention, NOT the red flag. Look at the other Royal or aristocratic weddings, always the mothers in law or the sisters of the couple, are discrete, even understated. FAILED! FAILED! FAILED!!!

Last edited:
IMHO I thought most of the royal ladies did not look their best this time. Letizia was the best dressed for both the gala and the religious ceremony.

IMHO I thought most of the royal ladies did not look their best this time. Letizia was the best dressed for both the gala and the religious ceremony.

I don't remember Letizia being at the Gala.

Worst dressed: Grand Duchess of Luxembourg, Duchess of Brabant and Caroline of Monaco
Best Dressed: Princess of Asturias and Countess of Wessex

Actually there seemed to be many more misses than successes on Saturday.

Meraude, sorry about my mistake. As you say, the woman entering the cathedral on the arm of GDH was the sister of the late Countess Alix de Lannoy, not Alix de Ligne. I have read so many Ligne associations with this family that it rubbed off on my brain, tired from being up most of the night to watch the wedding.

dbarn67 said:
I don't remember Letizia being at the Gala.

She didn't. She arrived on Saturday morning apparently.

Perhaps fashion disasters occur because the ladies' feet hurt from their spike heel shoes.
To me, wearing such shoes is the ultimate fashion disaster. As I've said before, there may be some engineering feat at work in these shoes which allows wearers to walk normally. But I consider them to be similar to Chinese foot-binding horrors. I hope Stephanie and younger royals will rebel and wear reasonable shoes. It is possible to get attractive shoes with 2 inch heels, or at most 2 1/2. Many of these are from European manufacturers, easily accessible by European royals. Stephanie will walk normally again when she starts to wear better shoes.

Perhaps fashion disasters occur because the ladies' feet hurt from their spike heel shoes.
Stephanie will walk normally again when she starts to wear better shoes.

I really don't understand how fashion disasters come from wearing high heeled shoes. You choose what you want to wear and usually match shoes to the outfit. I imagine what every woman wore to the wedding, they thought they looked divine in, we all have a differing opinion.

As for Stephanie walking normally again, she's not a baby who's had her feet in casts, she walks perfectly fine for any woman IMO. I wear high heeled shoes every time I go out, and if I were a Princess I probably would wear them with every outfit to give myself a bit of extra height so more people can see me. They are methods to stop your feet hurting in high heels, if they do hurt. I personally have never had a probably wearing 7 inch heels.

Please don't stick her in hush puppies at her age, high heels were made for Princess'.

I found Countess Nathalie de Lannoy actually the most striking woman that I saw. She dressed very well and looked very elegant. And she pulled it of without having access to top designers like Elie Saab, as many princesses do.

Worst: the entire Natan clan. And of the Natan stuff I am not sure if I should pick Mathilde or Maria Teresa. I guess MT as she even wore a plastic brooch while she has access to all those diamonds! Perhaps only Claire's outfit wasn't too bad. But all the others were, and obviously lousy tailoring, painfully obvious in Mathilde's dress.

The wedding dress was lovely but I think that one of the basic requirements of clothes is that the wearer should be able to move..... and Stephanie obviously had difficulties with that.

Last edited:
I thought Sophie Wessex wore a very unattractive ensemble, although Wickstead is very trendy at the moment and that is probably why Sophie selected this.
But it did not flatter her.

Still, the one who really looked silly, imo, is Edward.
Why oh why didn't he wear a suit, instead of rigging himself up in a military uniform and lots of medals that we all know he never earned?

He just looked ridiculous, especially considering many of the men in uniform actually served. But I guess he has no shame.

(That may seem a harsh judgment on my part, but I know from the comments in the papers that I am not alone in feeling this way).

she doesn't. I remember she wore Armani at both Monaco's and Cambridge's.
And I think Maxima wore Natan too today..so the Duchess of Brabant is not the only one going in low cost (even if I bet Natan's outfits worn by princesses just look low cost)

what's wrong with Maxima btw? Yesterday she looked like she came out of a Moulin Rouge show...today she put that pheasant on her head....

I did not see how Màxima looked (like she came out of a Moulin Rouge show) and usually I am not a big fan of her outfits in general, but if someone had to pick out and put on the outfit she wears for the wedding... well, I think, only she could of have
At first I did not liked the feathers and thought she must of have had them accidentely from a hunter, passing by
After a while though, I think she just 'had' it the frock and the feathers only Màxima could score some points in them!
There were many others who, in my opinion, did score no points at all
When it concerns fashion most of us have different opinions, fat chance! otherwise we would all dress the same... feels G. Orwell-like:bang:

I am going to go out on a limb and say that I am tired of Maria Theresa being referred to as fat. No she is not model thin or an average American 12 or 14. I would imagine that she is also aware of her weight. And although she has probably more clothes that most people in her wardrobe, its probably not easy to find something in her close that hides everything (or minimizes) that she wants to, and enhances certain things that she does. And yes, I recognize that she can have clothes custom made moreso than the average plus size person.

I agree that this was definitely not the best look for her, I have actually seen her in much better things.

Maybe I am being too politically correct (and I prefer the term plus size) but calling people fat always comes off as nasty and mean spirited to me.

Last edited:
I am going to go out on a limb and say that I am tired of Maria Theresa being referred to as fat. No she is not model thin or an average American 12 or 14. I would imagine that she is also aware of her weight.

I agree that this was definitely not the best look for her, I have actually seen her in much better things.

Maybe I am being too politically correct (and I prefer the term plus size) but calling people fat always comes off as nasty to me.

I'm fat and fully admit I'm fat. I hate when I say I'm fat people say I'm not. What I abhor are negative comments about being fat. I have tried really hard to lose weight and have not been successful as I know other fat people have.

I think there is a difference in between trying to be kind by saying someone is not overweight (which can be viewed as patronizing) or just being mean spiritied, which I think a lot of comments can be viewed as.

I'm a "big gal" myself and I'll mud wrestle anybody in here. I thought M-T looked good, I would wear that red outfit myself.

As for descriptions, the only time I refer to myself as plus sized is when I'm looking for clothing. We all like diversity, don't we? Well, fat is diverse and should never be mentioned at all.

May each of you always be perfect. In every way...

Last edited:
I am going to go out on a limb and say that I am tired of Maria Theresa being referred to as fat. No she is not model thin or an average American 12 or 14. I would imagine that she is also aware of her weight.

She is from a culture where it is absolutely normal to have a motherly body type after you had your children and became a grandmother. And we don't know if her husband is not absolutely adoring this very female, soft and warm body of his wife (I know a lot of men who hate it when their wifes start a new diet....).

So my hope is that the Grand Duchess does not worry about her weight but simply enjoys being a wife, mother and grandmother. Let her eat cake! (Health permitting...):flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom