Guillaume and Stéphanie: Wedding Guest Fashions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My favourite guest of the civil wedding is Maria Teresa.
I don't like Alexandra's dress, it looks ill fitted and makes her look fat.

From the pictures of the gala I've seen up till now, I'm going to pick Astrid as my favourite dress. Beautiful coulour and fabric, it suits her really well

I also love the looks of Mathilde, Paola and Marie-Chantal
Too bad Charlene couldn't make it, we could have finally seen her with a tiara.
But also good she didn't came for we would have missed fabulous Caroline

Mathilde definitely my favourite so far for this agree, and I disagree Alexandra doesn't look fat or pregnant, it's the style of the outfit which is extremely popular at the moment.

My favourites: Maxima, Mathilde and Märtha Louise.

I dislike the hairdo of Mette-Marit. It looks so "ordinary" like nothing special.

The Duchess of Brabant is my best dressed royal lady tonight,Princess Caroline looked good too,not sure about Maxima,at first I liked it but on closer inspection I'm not sure :D

For me, the winner is Mathilde by a mile.

Although I dislike the colour green I loved the make and style of Princess Claire's dress.

The best dresses : Claire, Mette-Marit and Mathilde !!!!

I love princess Mathilde's dress, it's gorgeous and both colour and cut suits her very well. I also like the dresses of both of her sisters-in-law, green is my favourite colour and it's seldom seen on royal ladies. I also like queen Paola's dress, it suits her. All the Belgian royal lades succeeded in their choice of gala gowns.

I liked the colour and cut of Mette-Marit's dress, but I would have preferred it without the "decorations" on the top half, it made it look too busy for my taste.

This was Elie Saab's night of glory: bride, mother of the groom, Victoria of Sweden, Astrid of Belgium, Margaretha of Liechtenstein, Chantal of Greece and Clotilde of Savoy. That's 7 ladies and actually the 7 best dressed ladies!! Mathilde is the only one that may compete, in her Natan dress!

The jewels of tonight that I will remember are the one on Caroline and the ones on Sibilla!

Last edited:
Princess Alexandra looked much better at the evening dinner, seated. The color of her off-shoulder dress was lovely on her. She was wearing the "small floral tiara" and it was the perfect size for her round head and the way her dark hair was dressed. It shows how much better she could look if properly dressed. And as someone said, she needs to improve her posture, and perhaps do some training at a gym such as CP Victoria did. Rescue Alexandra!

Mathilde and Stephanie were the most elegant. Victoria also looked fabulous.
Maxima was the best in "Over-the-top" :lol: tonight.
Mary could have done better, the hairdo is not great, and the necklace mismatched with the neckline.

What's with Princess Mary and the bride of Dracula hair? All that hairdo needs is the white streaks up the sides to make the look complete.

Marie-Chantal is in grey on the church, and whats up with her facinator? looks ugly.

If Tessy is indeed pregnant (and I'm afraid the outfit does make it look as though she's expecting her third child),
Tessy's outfit is OK but not particularly memorable.
Alexandra's is plain horrible; it must have taken the designer a lot of effort to turn an attractive young lady into a frumpy old matron.

I could agree that Tessy is pregnant, pictures of the walk in the afternoon to townhall would give that impression. I hope that is the case, since I initially got the feeling she looked rather sad. Regarding Alexandra I think she had an evening dress in the style she likes and I think it suited her perfectly. My recommendation to her would be to watch her weight rather seriously... I think she lives/studies in the US, maybe it is more difficult there about overweight... She may also have inherited the weight trend of her mother...

In recent years Astrid's style generally looked pretty bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Claire looked stunning! Now the crown princes and princesses are coming out of the bus!

Mathilde: no words - just simple perfection
Letizia - very elegant. The hat is a little bit too much in her face, but all right.
Victoria - one of her best outfits at weddings ever.
Maxima - hot a always. An autumn outfit, but alright for this month.
Sophie of Wessex: unusuall very elegant. I'm surprised.

Mary - dress okay, but boring, but the hat ????
Mette - Marit - very dissappointing. THIS IS NOT A HAT nor a fascinator

So dissapointed, that Masako does not attend.

Margarita of Romania : strange suit.
Caroline of Moanco: no no no: The dress is strange and the hat - no go !

Princess Sarvah: very elegant!

Countess of Wessex's dress would make a lovely coctail dress, but isn't it a bit dark for a morning wedding?
Pss Tessy's dress is not helping the pregnancy rumours.

It seems that Mr. Vermeulen is the only person who works for various courts and who they allow to be indiscrete! I wish they would all switch to other designers, also because his designs are seldom flattering.

Has it occurred to anyone that Mr. Vermeulen/House of Natan might be sponsoring the outfits of the royals listed :whistling:??? Either sponsored or offered at a reduced price in return for publicity?

Did it ever occur to you that at many big royal events details of some of the royal dresses are released with information of designer, material and occasionally even the sketch of the designer??

IF the big design houses can do this for film stars (Academy Awards) they can do it for royalty as well!

Example: I remember Queen Margrethe of Denmark once was presented with a dress from Balmain, then (early 1980s) headed by Danish couturier Erik Mortensen.

Again: I'm not saying that it is so; I'm merely suggesting it ;)!

viv

Last edited:
Princess Tessy: elegant but boring. Dislike the colour, but sure, she doesn't want to steel the show.
Ex-Queen of Bulgaria: very elegant.
Anne Maria of Greece: too white, but she's a Queen an older women - so okay. The belt on the dress is disproportional.
Lalla Salma: Not so glittering as usuall. I would have preferred another colour. And due to the fact, that she usually wears suits with short skirts, I had also preferred a suit with hat.
Liechtenstein: boring.

Silvia: After a long time now very elegant again. I love the colour for her.

Paola - the hat OMG !!! The colour - oh no. The cut of the suit - no thank you.

Sonia: the fashion rock in the sea bursted for me today - Awful.
Beatrix - horrible as always

Seems like the ones who usually are fashion question marks are great today and those who usually are great dissappointed.

With regards to Natan: in the belgian broadcast the expert-commentator said that Natan was considered a very pleasant person who listens very well to what his clients want, and that that is why he has so many royal clients..

Maria Theresia: when your body has such a round shape - you can't wear a hat like that !!!!

Colour: Another shade would have been better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom