Serene Highness

Leute heute - ZDF.de
Here's the link for the ZDF interview.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:09 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
her french is impecable
One would hope that her French is impeccable, given that it's her native language and that she has received the benefit of a good education!

It sounds like she has a strong French accent in both German and Luxembourgish, but this is not uncommon. (Just as it is difficult for non-native French speakers to achieve an excellent accent in speaking French, it is also very difficult for native French speakers to lose their French accent when speaking other languages... or at least that's my observation). However, the important thing is that she can speak fluently and communicate with people of other nationalities; I believe that she speaks English and some Russian as well. Her ability to communicate will be a great asset to her new country.

Old 10-16-2012, 12:23 AM
Heir Apparent

It was fascinating listening to Guillaume and Stephanie bantering and chatting in German, appearing so relaxed and confident. This after conducting interviews on the same day in French and Luxembourgish and undoubtedly being asked the same questions over and over.

Yet they were charming and completely at ease with each interviewer. I had to keep reminding myself how very young these two are because they have the poise and confidence of a couple twice their age.

From the point of view of an outsider looking in, Luxembourg has hit the jackpot with their future Hereditary Grand Ducal couple and should feel very proud of them.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:25 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Another outsider joins your sentiment.
Guillaume and Stephanie appear to be perfect not only for each other, but also for their country.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:30 AM
Nobility

I also agree with the sentiment, Guillaume and Stéphanie are not only suited to be husband and wife but also a great Grand Ducal couple when their time comes
Old 10-16-2012, 05:10 AM
Aristocracy

May I add my agreement to all who wrote before me. I truly see love in their eyes. God bless them both.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:58 AM
Aristocracy

Forbes Magazine has published another article on the cost of the royal wedding and below that an article from Hello Magazine on Luxembourg as a tourist destination for those that want to visit the country to see the wedding.

Will and Kate They're Not, but This Wedding Matters Big Time to the Grand Duchy - Forbes

Live like royalty in Luxembourg: A guide to a luxurious getaway - hellomagazine.com
Old 10-17-2012, 02:38 AM
Administrator

RTL (Belgian TV) programs available online

. . . . . . . . . .

Emmanuel Mestag, the producer of the royal Belgian TV broadcast "Place Royale" (RTL Belgium), has very kindly contacted the Administrators to advise the availability of RTL's interview with Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume and Stéphanie de Lannoy (in French).

RTL has also made portraits of the couple and another program on the wedding preparations.

The programs are now online:

Interview 1/3
- Emission spéciale 1/8 : Première partie de l'interview de Guillaume et Stéphanie - Vidéo - RTL TVI
Interview 2/3 - Emission spéciale 3/8 : Deuxième partie de l'interview de Guillaume et Stéphanie - Vidéo - RTL TVI
Interview 3/3 - Emission spéciale 5/8 : Troisième partie de l'interview de Guillaume et Stéphanie - Vidéo - RTL TVI

Le programme -
Emission spéciale 4/8 : Le programme du mariage princier - Vidéo - RTL TVI

Les préparatifs -
Emission spéciale 2/8 : Les préparatifs et les coulisses du mariage princier au Luxembourg - Vidéo - RTL TVI

Interview de Xavier Bettel -
Emission spéciale 6/8 : Interview avec le Bourgmestre de Luxembourg, Xavier Bettel - Vidéo - RTL TVI

Portrait de Stéphanie -
Emission spéciale 7/8 : Portrait de la future Princesse Stéphanie de Luxembourg - Vidéo - RTL TVI
Portrait de Guillaume - Emission spéciale 8/8 : Portrait du Grand-duc héritier Guillaume de Luxembourg - Vidéo - RTL TVI

The wedding will be broadcast live in French on www.rtl.be

The live broadcast will be presented by RTL's journalist Thomas de Bergeyck with the French royal-watcher Stéphane Ber, the Belgian royal-watcher Patrick Weber and RTL's historian, Christian Cannuyer.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:18 AM
Courtier

Another link for the German interview with ZDF
"Ein neues Leben fängt an" ("A new life begins"): "Ein neues Leben fängt an" - ZDF Royal - ZDFmediathek - ZDF Mediathek
(~15 min)

And the short version for Leute heute: Bald ist Hochzeit in Luxemburg - Leute heute - ZDFmediathek - ZDF Mediathek

Quote:
claypoint2
It sounds like she has a strong French accent in both German and Luxembourgish, but this is not uncommon.
IMO her accent in German isn't very strong, though it's clearly there. She speaks fast which shows to me that she is quite secure. Sometimes she uses the wrong vocabulary or hesitates to find the right one and she makes grammatical errors but I think her pronounciation is quite good (compared with other French native speakers I know). You could understand everything she said and she comes across as intelligent and eloquent (which isn't that easy in a foreign language ).

I like this couple and - unlike Kate or Charlene - Stephanie sparks my interest in her and her/their development in the future. (But maybe that's just because this couple gets less media attention and therefore there are more things left to discover.)
Old 10-17-2012, 11:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Great interviews... I just wish I knew what they were saying lol but they really seem like they're made for each other.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:43 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Stephanie seems quite confident, natural and calm in these interviews. I am quite impressed, it seems she has been doing this for ages already.

Many questions/awnsers in the ZDF interview were simular to the one by RTL btw.

About other royals: Stephanie says that she already met a lot of them and she is looking forward to get to know them better.

--------------

Nice to see that Christian Cannuyer will be part of the broadcast. I still find his book Les maisons royales et souveraines the best introduction in European royalty that has ever been made. I wish he would make a new edition since the old one is 20 years old (1989).
Old 10-17-2012, 12:17 PM
Royal Highness

It is heart-warming to see the two of them together. They display such a closeness and understanding of each other. Looks like the two of them hit a jackpot.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:18 PM
Aristocracy

Hola Magazine printed an article [Anvaing, el castillo que vio crecer a Stéphanie de Lannoy] with wonderful photographs of the Lannoy Estate. I'm fascinated by their castle and did a search and found this wonderfully informative site with detailed information of the castle for those that are interested:

In the 10th century, Saint Amand Abbey received numerous properties located in Anvaing. The presence of the Lords of Anvaing in the 12th century is established. They were the abbey's solicitors. The seigneury came under the control of the Hamaide family during the course of the 13th century. A first castle is thought to have been built in the fiefdom of Soubrechies, the main fief of the Anvaing seigneury at the time. It would appear to be have been abandoned in the 15th century as, in 1502, Jespart de Ville is recorded as being the Lord of Anvaing in the census of the church fiefs of Hainault and was said to live in his residence at Wangermées, a keep which stood on a motte surrounded by water. This site was rediscovered in 1976 when the lake that surrounds the present building was being cleaned.

The last in the line of the De Ville family was Adrienne, who married Pierre de Boubais in approximately 1513, Their son, Jacques de Boubais, had a castle built in the vicinity of the old manor. It is this castle we know today.

Maximilien de Tenremonde was to inherit it. He had married Antoinette-Isabelle de Croix in 1641. In turn, the Château d'Anvaing was inherited by their daughter, Marie-Catherine. In 1680, Marie-Catherine married Jean de Mesgrigny, a military engineer and disciple and collaborator of Vauban. Both husband and wife died without descendants in 1720. The Anvaing estate thus passed to Madame de Mesgrigny's nephew, the Baron of Rouveroit de Pamele, and remained in the same family until 1781. It was in 1781 that the heiress to the estate, Marie-Amour-Désirée, sold it to Count Augustin de Lannoy, who was to be the last Lord of Anvaing.

On 28 May 1940, the Château d’Anvaing was yet again the setting of a key event in Belgian history. It was within the old walls of the dining hall that the Belgian army, forced to capitulate, signed the surrender agreement.

The castle still belongs to the de Lannoy family.

Chteaux du Hainaut
Old 10-17-2012, 10:05 PM
Serene Highness

so nice to get these wonderful pictures. It is interesting to see how animated Stephanie is. Guillaume also, but we already knew that. I liked him in younger pictures without the beard. The Anvaing castle is more extensive and lovely than I had realized.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:27 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post

Another outsider joins your sentiment.
Guillaume and Stephanie appear to be perfect not only for each other, but also for their country.
Add me to the list as well. I'm glad I checked out this section of the Forums one very late night this past summer and stumbled upon this dynamic duo.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayarena View Post
Hola Magazine printed an article [Anvaing, el castillo que vio crecer a Stéphanie de Lannoy] with wonderful photographs of the Lannoy Estate. I'm fascinated by their castle and did a search and found this wonderfully informative site with detailed information of the castle for those that are interested:

In the 10th century, Saint Amand Abbey received numerous properties located in Anvaing. The presence of the Lords of Anvaing in the 12th century is established. They were the abbey's solicitors. The seigneury came under the control of the Hamaide family during the course of the 13th century. A first castle is thought to have been built in the fiefdom of Soubrechies, the main fief of the Anvaing seigneury at the time. It would appear to be have been abandoned in the 15th century as, in 1502, Jespart de Ville is recorded as being the Lord of Anvaing in the census of the church fiefs of Hainault and was said to live in his residence at Wangermées, a keep which stood on a motte surrounded by water. This site was rediscovered in 1976 when the lake that surrounds the present building was being cleaned.

The last in the line of the De Ville family was Adrienne, who married Pierre de Boubais in approximately 1513, Their son, Jacques de Boubais, had a castle built in the vicinity of the old manor. It is this castle we know today.

Maximilien de Tenremonde was to inherit it. He had married Antoinette-Isabelle de Croix in 1641. In turn, the Château d'Anvaing was inherited by their daughter, Marie-Catherine. In 1680, Marie-Catherine married Jean de Mesgrigny, a military engineer and disciple and collaborator of Vauban. Both husband and wife died without descendants in 1720. The Anvaing estate thus passed to Madame de Mesgrigny's nephew, the Baron of Rouveroit de Pamele, and remained in the same family until 1781. It was in 1781 that the heiress to the estate, Marie-Amour-Désirée, sold it to Count Augustin de Lannoy, who was to be the last Lord of Anvaing.

On 28 May 1940, the Château d’Anvaing was yet again the setting of a key event in Belgian history. It was within the old walls of the dining hall that the Belgian army, forced to capitulate, signed the surrender agreement.

The castle still belongs to the de Lannoy family.

Chteaux du Hainaut
What a beautiful, enchanted place to grow up in. Filled with history and even a little haunted from what I have read. BTW, the Coat of Arms of the Boubais family(Wiki calls them "Roubaix") can still be seen displayed on the walls in some areas of the castle.

I wonder if Guillaume and Stephanie will continue to spend weekends there after the wedding?
Old 10-17-2012, 11:43 PM
Nobility

It is good to know that she has met some of the other royals
Old 10-17-2012, 11:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Stephanie seems quite confident, natural and calm in these interviews. I am quite impressed, it seems she has been doing this for ages already.

Many questions/awnsers in the ZDF interview were simular to the one by RTL btw.

About other royals: Stephanie says that she already met a lot of them and she is looking forward to get to know them better.
I agree with your observation of the soon to be married couple. But has not the same been the case with all the royal couples that have married within the last 10 years? Haven't all the new crown-princesses and prince been polished and at ease in from of the cameras once the engagements had been announced. They all did great from the first royal duties they have taken on. Is is perhaps that marrying a royal person that close to the throne takes a very certain person to start with and then behind the scene coaching and training takes place?
Old 10-18-2012, 12:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

All I can is Wow!!! Stephanie's home is gorgeous!
Old 10-18-2012, 01:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
I agree with your observation of the soon to be married couple. But has not the same been the case with all the royal couples that have married within the last 10 years? Haven't all the new crown-princesses and prince been polished and at ease in from of the cameras once the engagements had been announced. They all did great from the first royal duties they have taken on. Is is perhaps that marrying a royal person that close to the throne takes a very certain person to start with and then behind the scene coaching and training takes place?
Most of them have been polished. None of them(that I know of) have conducted an entire day of marathon interviews with different networks in multiple languages...and remained professional and charming throughout.

Charlene and Albert of Monaco are a great couple doing a great job, but their engagement interview was awkward at best and disastrous at worst.

It was much discussed here and at other Royalty message boards.