Guillaume and Stéphanie: the Pre-Church Wedding Gala Banquet

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm a bit disappointed we didn't have any pictures of some major royal guests and some members of the family (Alexandra and Tessy above all)...

Last edited:
It seems that Elie Saab is tonight's big winner! His creations on Maria Teresa, Stephanie, and Marie Chantal are outstanding. Loved Princess Caroline's entire look, as well as that of Queen Anne-Marie. I didn't like Mette Marit at all. Loved Maxima --- vivaciousness to the nth degree! So disappointed that there are no pictures of CP Mary, Princess Alexandra, nor Princess Tessy :(

My favorite surprise tonight though is Princess Sybilla of Luxembourg wearing her Great-Great Grandmother, Queen Victoria-Eugenie of Spain's beautiful Aquamarine /diamond tiara and parts of that parure!!! I believe this is the first time we've ever seen her wearing these jewels?

What? Where??? I have no idea who she is, and I love that tiara. I'd love to see it in action!

Is that pale green, pale blue grey, or something in between? What do we think?
I think it's grey with blue undertones.
A lovely creation, and equally interesting both from the front and back.

What? Where??? I have no idea who she is, and I love that tiara. I'd love to see it in action!
Princess Sibilla of Luxembourg is the wife of Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg (Grand Duke Henri's brother). Sibilla is the great-granddaughter of Queen Victoria Eugenie of Battenberg (Victoria Eugenie -> Infanta Beatriz -> Princess Donna Olimpia Torlonia di Civitella-Cessi -> Princess Sibilla).

Here is a picture of her from the gala wearing the beautiful aquamarine tiara.

Some more pictures of royals in attendance:

- Crown Princess Margarita of Romania and Prince Radu
- Crown Prince Alexander II of Serbia and Princess Katherine

- Count Olivier and Countess Alice de Lannoy
- Count Christian and Countess Louisa de Lannoy

- Prince Guillaume and Princess Sibilla of Luxembourg
- Prince Jean de Luxembourg and Countess Diane de Nassau

- Princess Marie-Astrid and Archduke Carl Christian
- Dom Duarte and Isabel de Heridia, Duke and Duchess of Braganza

Also, a picture of Crown Princess Victoria (sort of) where you can see more of her dress.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's grey with blue undertones.
A lovely creation, and equally interesting both from the front and back.

I thought it was stunning - and in front of that long bank of flowers behind the table, it was even better. The flowers were... ranunculus I am guessing? And they were beautiful as well as patriotic.

Princess Sibilla of Luxembourg is the wife of Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg (Grand Duke Henri's brother).

Sibilla is the great-granddaughter of Queen Victoria Eugenie of Battenberg (Victoria Eugenie -> Infanta Beatriz -> Princess Donna Olimpia Torlonia di Civitella-Cessi -> Princess Sibilla).

And thus a cousin of the King of Spain.

Favorite of the night is Stephanie by far, she looks STUNNING! Great dress, great hair, great tiara! A close 2nd for me tonight is Marie Chantal - Just heavenly, this woman is perfection for me tonight. Can't wait for tomorrow!
And just as a side note, I didn't see anyone tonight that I could really say anything about, everyone looked great!

The Lannoy ladies looked very good. Modest dresses made of great materials. I prefer dresses which are not "low cut," except I might make an exception for Princess Victoria and her somewhat low cut dress. Victoria is so fit that she can carry off that kind of ballet neckline. A surprise for me was how nice Margarita of Romania looked in her purple dress, and she had that tiara put on just right.
I was interested in the varied physiognomies of Princess Stephanie's brothers. One tall and thin, others fairly short, one short one looking like a teddy bear, another one not so teddy.
So Princess Stephanie, from what I read here on TRF, is Princess for a day! Tomorrow she becomes Hereditary Grand Duchess. I love that concept---Princess for a Day. Beautiful girl and handsome husband!

Last edited:
A bit disappointed because I expected to see tonight interesting gotha we have few occasions to see such as Maria Anunciata, Astrid and Joseph von Liechtenstein, Amedeo and Maria Laura of Belgium, Marie Christine de Limburg Stirum, the Brazils, the Lignes, the Arenbergs, prince Napoleon, countesses Arco ..

VICTORIA'S TIARA MUST BE NEW:D
I've never seen it before, certainly not on her, nor on any other Swedish Royal. It seems to come with a comb which she wears in her bun.
X?

Could it be the small tiara she wore as a teenager?

X?Could it be the small tiara she wore as a teenager?
You mean her 18th birthday tiara? It's almost certainly not the one; they have different style and structure.

Does anyone know who the brunette on the left hand side of this pic is? Sorry for my ignorance. Her hairdresser deserves royal orders! Great style.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-gBocnEzgG...gg/s1600/f22408e58deb9286fda7efba8f25d9e9.jpg

Plus look down the table at the row of tiaras! Yummy:previous:

I'm afraid it was NOT Isabelle de le Court as I had first thought; here is a picture of Isabella and the hairstyles definitely (and unfortunately) don't match.
It could have been Countess Nathalie (Stephanie's oldest sister) though.

Crown Prince Felipe and Crown Princess Letizia were absent as well as Crown Prince Naruhito. ... or perhaps ... I missed the photos?
Letizia had an engagement in Spain in the morning, so I guess it's safe to say the Spanish royals haven't arrived yet.
Crown Prince Naruhito had to be there though, for he had arrived in Luxembourg on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Last edited by a moderator:
where is Mary?
Crown Princess Mary's photo from the banquet is available from The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor ... I am not sure about her hairstyle. :ermm:
Crown Prince Felipe and Crown Princess Letizia were absent as well as Crown Prince Naruhito. ... or perhaps ... I missed the photos?
Marie-Chantal, Crown Princess Pavlos was elegant. Prince Sebastien, Prince Felix and Prince Louis looked dashing.

Last edited:
Do we know if Grand Duke Jean or Stephanie's father attended the Gala?

Crown Princess Mary's photo from the banquet is available from The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor ... I am not sure about her hairstyle. :ermm:

Oh thank you Al_bina!! At least we have one photo of Mary to muse over. I think she looked lovely, and I have never really cared for her in any shade of red. I love the way she wore her hair (much the same way she had it styled at her first New Years Banquet) and the necklace looks great having been modified for the evening.

Is there British Presence at the gala dinner ?
I did not see any British presence .

Is there British Presence at the gala dinner ?
I did not see any British presence .
It is possible the Earl and Countess of Wessex were there, even though we haven't seen any pictures of them yet.
Not all royals were photographed, and not arrived via the main entrance (including Crown Princess Victoria, Crown Princess Mary, etc).

For what I've seen, Mary was not wearing a nice dress, it is strange because she usually brings the big guns to galas like these :D

I'm afraid it was NOT Isabelle de le Court as I had first thought; here is a picture of Isabella and the hairstyles definitely (and unfortunately) don't match.
It could have been Countess Nathalie (Stephanie's oldest sister) though.

You are right :) I found this photo form civil wedding --> http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-la1RmvBQB...Yc/s1600/45d60850d9b2c1dcabeb81e437b11d08.jpg ( thanks MYROYALS - HOLLYWOOD !!!) --> and Princess Stephanie's family are sitting from right to left --> Count Jehan de Lannoy ( near Prince Felix), Count Christian with his wife Countess Luisa, Countess Nathalie with his husband, and behind them --> wife of Count Olivier - Countess Alice and Countess Isabelle de la Court and her husband Jean-Charles de la Court ( Countess Gaelle, Count Aumory and Count Olivier in another picture) so you are right - Countess Nathalie has this beautfil hairdo ;)

Last edited:
Re Mary, from what I can see of the bodice it looks to be a lovely evening gown and is tailored very nicely. An elegant choice. Her hair is beautifully styled as well. Looks terrific!

It's Maxima I'd be 'worried' about :p

I think Queen Anna Maria of Greece could perhaps invest in a new evening gown as well. It wouldn't hurt.

Crown Princess Pavlos looked lovely in nuetral shimmer and gold. Beautiful.

The Crown Princess of Sweden wore what is perhaps her loveliest evening gown. Just exquisite.

And the hereditary Grand Duchess looked very nice indeed!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom