The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-19-2012, 06:51 PM
Royal Highness

Favorite of the night is Stephanie by far, she looks STUNNING! Great dress, great hair, great tiara! A close 2nd for me tonight is Marie Chantal - Just heavenly, this woman is perfection for me tonight. Can't wait for tomorrow!
And just as a side note, I didn't see anyone tonight that I could really say anything about, everyone looked great!

Old 10-19-2012, 07:05 PM
Aristocracy

[QUOTE=Artemisia;1473677]Some more pictures of royals in attendance:

- Prince Hans-Adam and Princess Marie of Liechtenstein

Heh..that's NOT Prince Hans Adam and Princess Marie.
That's Guillaume's aunt Marie-Astrid and her husband Archduke Carl Christian

Old 10-19-2012, 07:06 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by countess felicitas View Post
First I was not sure if I like Stephanies dress - BUT look at the back - no doubts now This is great.

It's gorgeous!
Old 10-19-2012, 07:06 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
Much thanks! She just got my vote for Best Dressed!
Old 10-19-2012, 07:09 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tihkon2 View Post
Heh..that's NOT Prince Hans Adam and Princess Marie.
That's Guillaume's aunt Marie-Astrid and her husband Archduke Carl Christian
You are right: unfortunately, I blindly trusted Getty Image's captions - and they did identify the couple as Hans Adam and Marie (although as a royal watcher, I should have known it's not them). Prince Hans Adam And Princess Marie Of Liechtenstein Attend
Old 10-19-2012, 07:44 PM
Serene Highness

The Lannoy ladies looked very good. Modest dresses made of great materials. I prefer dresses which are not "low cut," except I might make an exception for Princess Victoria and her somewhat low cut dress. Victoria is so fit that she can carry off that kind of ballet neckline. A surprise for me was how nice Margarita of Romania looked in her purple dress, and she had that tiara put on just right.
I was interested in the varied physiognomies of Princess Stephanie's brothers. One tall and thin, others fairly short, one short one looking like a teddy bear, another one not so teddy.
So Princess Stephanie, from what I read here on TRF, is Princess for a day! Tomorrow she becomes Hereditary Grand Duchess. I love that concept---Princess for a Day. Beautiful girl and handsome husband!
Old 10-19-2012, 08:15 PM
Courtier

A bit disappointed because I expected to see tonight interesting gotha we have few occasions to see such as Maria Anunciata, Astrid and Joseph von Liechtenstein, Amedeo and Maria Laura of Belgium, Marie Christine de Limburg Stirum, the Brazils, the Lignes, the Arenbergs, prince Napoleon, countesses Arco ..
Old 10-19-2012, 08:23 PM
Nobility

Order of Splendor has a photo each of Alexandra, Tessy, & Mary from the dinner: The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor

I would love better photos :(
Old 10-19-2012, 08:25 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
VICTORIA'S TIARA MUST BE NEW
I've never seen it before, certainly not on her, nor on any other Swedish Royal. It seems to come with a comb which she wears in her bun.
X?

Could it be the small tiara she wore as a teenager?
Old 10-19-2012, 08:28 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by suss2 View Post
X?Could it be the small tiara she wore as a teenager?
You mean her 18th birthday tiara? It's almost certainly not the one; they have different style and structure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Does anyone know who the brunette on the left hand side of this pic is? Sorry for my ignorance. Her hairdresser deserves royal orders! Great style.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-gBocnEzgGu...ba8f25d9e9.jpg

Plus look down the table at the row of tiaras! Yummy
I'm afraid it was NOT Isabelle de le Court as I had first thought; here is a picture of Isabella and the hairstyles definitely (and unfortunately) don't match.
It could have been Countess Nathalie (Stephanie's oldest sister) though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Crown Prince Felipe and Crown Princess Letizia were absent as well as Crown Prince Naruhito. ... or perhaps ... I missed the photos?
Letizia had an engagement in Spain in the morning, so I guess it's safe to say the Spanish royals haven't arrived yet.
Crown Prince Naruhito had to be there though, for he had arrived in Luxembourg on Tuesday or Wednesday.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:31 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt View Post
Order of Splendor has a photo each of Alexandra, Tessy, & Mary from the dinner: The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor

I would love better photos :(
Me too I'm waiting for this photos all evening :)
Old 10-19-2012, 08:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
where is Mary?
Crown Princess Mary's photo from the banquet is available from The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor ... I am not sure about her hairstyle.
Crown Prince Felipe and Crown Princess Letizia were absent as well as Crown Prince Naruhito. ... or perhaps ... I missed the photos?
Marie-Chantal, Crown Princess Pavlos was elegant. Prince Sebastien, Prince Felix and Prince Louis looked dashing.
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Old 10-19-2012, 08:47 PM
Courtier

Do we know if Grand Duke Jean or Stephanie's father attended the Gala?
Old 10-19-2012, 08:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Crown Princess Mary's photo from the banquet is available from The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor ... I am not sure about her hairstyle.
Oh thank you Al_bina!! At least we have one photo of Mary to muse over. I think she looked lovely, and I have never really cared for her in any shade of red. I love the way she wore her hair (much the same way she had it styled at her first New Years Banquet) and the necklace looks great having been modified for the evening.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 10-19-2012, 08:52 PM
Royal Highness

Is there British Presence at the gala dinner ?
I did not see any British presence .
Old 10-19-2012, 08:55 PM
Nobility

All gowns of all royal ladies IDed here

I guess this is my favorite wedding of all!
Old 10-19-2012, 08:56 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheikah deena View Post
Is there British Presence at the gala dinner ?
I did not see any British presence .
It is possible the Earl and Countess of Wessex were there, even though we haven't seen any pictures of them yet.
Not all royals were photographed, and not arrived via the main entrance (including Crown Princess Victoria, Crown Princess Mary, etc).
Old 10-19-2012, 09:15 PM
Nobility

For what I've seen, Mary was not wearing a nice dress, it is strange because she usually brings the big guns to galas like these
Old 10-19-2012, 09:26 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
I'm afraid it was NOT Isabelle de le Court as I had first thought; here is a picture of Isabella and the hairstyles definitely (and unfortunately) don't match.
It could have been Countess Nathalie (Stephanie's oldest sister) though.
You are right :) I found this photo form civil wedding --> http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-la1RmvBQB2...e437b11d08.jpg ( thanks MYROYALS - HOLLYWOOD !!!) --> and Princess Stephanie's family are sitting from right to left --> Count Jehan de Lannoy ( near Prince Felix), Count Christian with his wife Countess Luisa, Countess Nathalie with his husband, and behind them --> wife of Count Olivier - Countess Alice and Countess Isabelle de la Court and her husband Jean-Charles de la Court ( Countess Gaelle, Count Aumory and Count Olivier in another picture) so you are right - Countess Nathalie has this beautfil hairdo
Old 10-19-2012, 09:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Re Mary, from what I can see of the bodice it looks to be a lovely evening gown and is tailored very nicely. An elegant choice. Her hair is beautifully styled as well. Looks terrific!

It's Maxima I'd be 'worried' about

I think Queen Anna Maria of Greece could perhaps invest in a new evening gown as well. It wouldn't hurt.

Crown Princess Pavlos looked lovely in nuetral shimmer and gold. Beautiful.

The Crown Princess of Sweden wore what is perhaps her loveliest evening gown. Just exquisite.

And the hereditary Grand Duchess looked very nice indeed!

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent

Tags
banquet, countess, gala, grand ducal palace, guillaume, hereditary grand duke, lannoy, luxembourg, prince, stephanie, wedding