HGD Guillaume of Luxembourg and Stéphanie de Lannoy: Civil Wedding - Oct 19, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Stephanie might have taken some lessons on walking, because she walks so much better now, more feminine and classic instead of that horrible way of walking at Estelle's christening.

Do you have photos of members of the royal families of Europe?

No other royals attended the civil wedding. It was just family and witnesses.

The invited royals will attend the dinner tonight and the church wedding tomorrow.

And may I say, as a fellow furry-face, HRH makes a rather dashing "Prince Charming".

Since the civil wedding is over, can we officially start referring to the Countess as HRH The Hereditary Grand Duchess? :)

There is just "something" about this couple. If I believed in sorcery, I would believe I could see their auras. She truly has an inner glow. I'm so taken with them, I might print off a photo and frame it. That is sooooo unlike me.

Fergus, until the religious ceremony, she is HRH Princess Stephanie. Tomorrow, she will be the HGD.

What a lovely and special couple they are. Fantastic to be able to watch it all in real time online. :D Just got WiFi yesterday and what perfect timing it was too!!

Congratulations to Their Royal Highnesses and a long and a happy life together!!

What a lovely walk about and so natural. I think they will be glad to get back to the palace and rest their feet. Can someone tell me why do they need both civil ceremony and religous? I know some countries do e.g. Netherlands but Mary Donaldson only had the one. Would like to know.

I just saw a photo of Princess Tessy on another royalty site and I wonder if she is not expecting her third child? If not its a rather bad angle or (bad time of the month)

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw that picture of Tessy and wondered the same thing. Somebody said they thought she was expecting from National Day photos but I didn't see it then. Stephanie looks so happy and beautiful - everyone does, in all the pictures!

I just saw a photo of Princess Tessy on another royalty site and I wonder if she is not expecting her third child? If not its a rather bad angle or (bad time of the month)

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy: I had the exact same thought. Maybe she is and that would be amazing of course. :wub:

I liked Princess Alexandra's outfit a lot (maybe her skirt could be a bit longer...but she's young), she's so classy and dignified. But it's really easy I think when you have a classy mother like Maria Teresa.

I saw snippets of an interview with them in German and Guillaume said that in her he had found more than a bride but a friend and "accomplice" (like someone to steal horses with) and rare it is to find somebody so trustworthy and in tune with oneself. That's how they came over today: they are so in tune with each other that they could celebrate with their fellow countrypeople and be outgoing, because they are so sure they belong to each other. So nice!!:flowers::flowers:

It was nice to be able to watch at least a little today. Too bad we did not see the civil ceremony. I believe RTL.lu and Wort.lu sent the ceremony footage after the free live broadcast but it was cut off from non-paying viewers. I was half expecting a screen like in the Monaco wedding but sadly there was none.

Stephanie and Guillaume are such a cute couple! I hope they will be happy together. She might dress a bit old-fashioned but at least there will be no big, negative surprises. I look forward to tomorrow!

Last edited by a moderator:
They look so in love and have a wonderful way with the people. I think they will make a wonderful team for each other and for Luxembourg!

Is the religious ceremony at half 11 uk time tomorrow morning?

Pictures:
WEDDİNG CELEBRATİONS OF PRİNCE GUİLLAUME AND COUNTESS STEPHANİE- RECEPTİON AT THE GRAND THEATRE:
MYROYALS - HOLLYWOOD: WEDD

Those are great pictures. Thanks for sharing them with us. By the way, I was noticing in one of the pictures where Stephanie is seen from head to toe that she has rather high platform shoes on! Considering that Guillaume is not too tall, it appears that Stephanie must be quite short herself. Just speculating.

Last edited:
i mean, shaking all those people hands is a such an amazing fit, because its very tiring and they did it for an hour.
they were always smiling and talking, when you smile too much your cheecks start to hurt. i really admire them for stading there magnificent and wonderfully.
i LOVE LOVE LOVE them, i'll definately continue to watch them from now on

Yeah, I see what you mean about her being short. They both are, great match.

One emotional moment for The Comte de Lannoy. He cried at the civil wedding. It must be a hard time for him after the loss of his wife. And now the wedding of his youngest daughter. Emotion can be so enormous.

Did the reception happen before the ceremony?

One emotional moment for The Comte de Lannoy. He cried at the civil wedding. It must be a hard time for him after the loss of his wife. And now the wedding of his youngest daughter. Emotion can be so enormous.

Yes, I noticed that. Even though his youngest daughter is marrying so well [and he must be happy about that], it must, nevertheless, be hard for him to see his "baby" leave the nest.

KittyAtlanta said:
I'm enchanted too. G actually got down on his knees to speak with the very small children and Stephanie was accepting kisses on the cheek! Mother and Father look proud as punch!

Europe has a new princess today and tomorrow: a Grand Duchess. How exciting!!!

KittyAtlanta said:
There is just "something" about this couple. If I believed in sorcery, I would believe I could see their auras. She truly has an inner glow. I'm so taken with them, I might print off a photo and frame it. That is sooooo unlike me.

Fergus, until the religious ceremony, she is HRH Princess Stephanie. Tomorrow, she will be the HGD.

I'm in complete agreement with you! Watching them with people, you can tell that the possess that 'magic touch', which comes from within, and cannot be taught. I loved seeing their interactions with children. Just like the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, they're natural with them.

Am I the only one wondering where GD Jean was? I didn't see him in the wedding nor the gala :ermm:

Did the reception happen before the ceremony?

Yes - the reception (she was in the plum/burgundy coat) then the civil wedding (Stephanie in the white suit and the royal ladies in golds) and tonight the gala. :)

Artemisia, isn't that Count Philippe, Stéphanie's father?

Artemisia, isn't that Count Philippe, Stéphanie's father?
It is, I just deleted the picture after realising I posted the wrong one. :)
Will find and post the picture of Grand Duke Jean.

Back
Top Bottom