The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-20-2012, 10:22 AM
Serene Highness

The wedding gown of Princess Stephanie was beautiful. She looked beautiful. I didn't get to see the wedding but saw pictures of the wedding. Liked MT outfit.

Old 10-20-2012, 10:30 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight

Thank you very much for this!
But now I can't help but wondering: how did the Bourbon-Parma title come up? Does anyone know?
Because Felix of Bourbon-Parma married Charlotte the Grand -Duchess of Luxemburg -the great-grandmother of Guillaume. Felix was a brother of Empress Zita of Austria. Try wikipedia under FELIX OF BOURBON-PARMA.

Old 10-20-2012, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco

it was beautiful wedding ceremony,the bride gown was one the best royal brides.
i loooved all the royal ladies with their hats so lovely to watch.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:38 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Ignore the money element, this is the Daily Mail.
Prince Guillaume marries Countess Stephanie de Lannoy in Luxembourg | Mail Online
Old 10-20-2012, 10:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Spletnik.ru --- Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume and Countess Stephanie de Lannoy: The church wedding
The bride looked amazing. It is great that Stephanie chose Elie Saab to design the dress.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:41 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco

Lalla Salma
http://oi50.tinypic.com/1yjo06.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/352rml5.jpg
Old 10-20-2012, 10:44 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Applauses at a wedding are very strange. This was a long, long and quite boring wedding. A lot of love from Guillaume's side, not so much from Stephanie's. Maria Teresa seemed very moved.
not at all actually. In Italy we do it all the time, and we do it right after the end of the exchanging of the vows, when the priest declare that the bride and the groom are husband and wife.
Being Catholic, I'm used to that. We have the possibilty to have a wedding service outside the mass, but it's really uncommon. And I can tell you that this was a "nice" mass, pretty quick actually and enjoyable.
I can understand that for those who are not Catholic can be quite tough, especially because they probably don't get many of the things that happen during the mass, or why we do them. But I think MT and the spouses (I'm sure they arranged the wedding together LOL) did a great joy to make sure the whole ceremony was flowing and not at all boring.
For example I found Felipe and Letizia's wedding more boring than this one.

Anyway, does someone know why some of the musics (the Alleluija before the Gospel and the song during the communion) were in Italian? Any particular reason or just a matter of musical taste?

Random thought: Princess Tessy looked very much pregnant with that dress!!!
Old 10-20-2012, 10:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
The one-minute silence, at the beginning of the ceremony, for Stephanie's mother, who passed away recently, was so touching! It really brought tears to my eyes.

It was a wonderful ceremony, I enjoyed it so much! The church is magnificent!

May I ask this here: What is Stephanie's full title now? Will Guillaume add a title upon his marriage? Thanks!
It really is emotional for the famiy when something like that is done.. especially with a recent death. When my son married, both the bride and her mother lit a remembrance candle for her father before she got to the altar. As soon as it was lit, it started to sprinkle, then rain. As the wedding was outdoors under a small gazebo, everyone had to crowd around the bride and groom for the ceremony. My daughter-in-law still insists that it was her dad wanting it to be a very close wedding and he was there with her.

I imagine that moment was very emotional for the de Lennoy family.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:54 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Ignore the money element, this is the Daily Mail.
Prince Guillaume marries Countess Stephanie de Lannoy in Luxembourg | Mail Online
Thought the same thing... the DM is obsessed by the taxpayers money, even the non british one...
Old 10-20-2012, 10:54 AM
Majesty

I had trouble watching the wedding on the computer due to connection problems but then I was able to watch the wedding Live on my Ipod Touch which was great.

I thought HGD Stephanie looked very beautiful. Guillaume looked so happy to see his bride arrive at the alter. Good luck to them both.
Old 10-20-2012, 11:04 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchesina View Post
not at all actually. In Italy we do it all the time, and we do it right after the end of the exchanging of the vows, when the priest declare that the bride and the groom are husband and wife.
We do it in Ireland too. It adds gaiety to the ceremony. It can also help to ease any nervous tension that weddings can sometimes bring.
Old 10-20-2012, 11:15 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Another photogallery

Religious wedding of Guillaume and Stephanie of Luxembourg - Dutch Photo Press
Old 10-20-2012, 11:24 AM
Aristocracy

could it be that Stéphanie wore the same earrings Maria Teresa wore at her wedding? They look very similar to me, but I can't find a close up picture of MT's wedding to confirm
Old 10-20-2012, 11:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Thought the same thing... the DM is obsessed by the taxpayers money, even the non british one...
And they didn't even report this correctly. They noted Stephanie's father walked her down the aisle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breffney View Post
We do it in Ireland too. It adds gaiety to the ceremony. It can also help to ease any nervous tension that weddings can sometimes bring.
We clap at weddings in the US too. Well, every wedding I've been to.
Old 10-20-2012, 11:33 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I can't open or reload any of the links.
Old 10-20-2012, 11:41 AM
Aristocracy

official wedding picture:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-xVMUuO6Dnc...an+Aschman.jpg

Old 10-20-2012, 11:47 AM
Courtier

For me it was a beautiful traditional catholic service. They chose beautiful music.
Stephanie looked very concentrated. The moments her mother was mentioned were very emontional. Guillaume seems very very happy with his bride.

I notice she has her wedding bouquet back on the official picture. She gave it away to Our Lady of Luxembourg during the mass.
Old 10-20-2012, 11:48 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by izabela84
Beautiful but just wonder did they take this photo before the church wedding or they have another duplicate flower bouquet for this photo? Stephanie left the church without a bouquet as her bouquet was been presented at the altar.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:01 PM
Nobility

Missed seeing the ceremony live as I was away on holiday and only got back this afternoon. But there has been so much to see on this thread that I don't feel that I have missed too much. Thanks to all those who have put up links to pictures, etc. I don't think you can compare weddings - each one has its own ethos. I thought Guillaume looked very smart in his uniform, as did Stephanie's brother, who gave her away. Although S is not conventionally beautiful, she is sweet and charming, and managed well on her first showing on the international stage.

I was a bit concerned at first, when I was looking at the pictures of yesterday's gala, that there was no representation from the British Royal Family, as the two RFs are actually pretty friendly (from World War II). However, I was delighted to see that Edward and Sophie were at the wedding. (The Queen and Prince Charles practically never go to European functions, nor do Prince Andrew and The Princess Royal). It would be nice to see the Cambridges and Prince Harry attending these weddings, etc., but William and Harry are both in the military and so can't be available, and probably Catherine doesn't want to attend on her own.

Tags
church, countess, guillaume, hereditary grand duke, lannoy, luxembourg, prince, religious, royal wedding, stephanie, wedding