The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-20-2012, 07:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Awww this kissed on the balcony. They both look very happy.

..and they kiss again! Teehehehhee!

Old 10-20-2012, 07:34 AM
Aristocracy

And a second kiss!

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Old 10-20-2012, 07:34 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsessan
I think in the beginning Stephanie was doing her best not to fall apart. It must be terrible celebrating this day without her mother, especially when she lost her only a short time ago.
When it was time for the vows she became much more relaxed and there were many many sweet looks between the two

Loved how Maria Teresa was blowing them kisses
I think you hit the nail on the head; even though this was a happy day, Stephanie more than likely felt the loss of her mother most acutely. It's devastating enough that the Countess passed away, but more so since it was so close to the wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling
Stephanie must be under a lot of pressure especially with all the royals attending, live tv event and all the photographers. She hardly has been in the public eye with all focus on her. She must be thinking of a million different things and her mother not being there must also be very difficult.

Personally I think she is doing great. I don't believe she needs to show more emotions than she is now. I believe the more emotions they show becomes to look fake and a show to me.
Absolutely! Personally, I'm a fan of subtle, stolen glances and small, intimate gestures. Less says so much more
, and that was definitely the case here. The smiles between the bride and groom were enough to say quite clearly that they adore each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel1
Very serious wedding. Such a contrast to the triumphal wedding of the Cambridges.
May they have a wonderful marriage.
I think it's almost unfair to compare the two. I think both ceremonies were beautiful and joyous,but in different ways. This one had a more bitter-sweet feel to it.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

Balcony RIGHT NOW!!! They are so sweet, he just won't let her go...
Old 10-20-2012, 07:36 AM
Courtier

They look SO truly happy on the balcony Their kisses were beautiful.

This must be the most wonderful balcony appearance I have ever seen.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:37 AM
Serene Highness

Now THAT is a balcony appearance :)
Old 10-20-2012, 07:37 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
eveline, there will be a balcony appearance.
13h00 Apparition des mariés depuis le balcon du Palais grand-ducal et réception au Palais grand-ducal
monarchie.lu
Yes, but tv won't broadcast it. It took the couple to long to get on the balcony according to the tv people :)
Old 10-20-2012, 07:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

My feed is gone. What a wonderful event. Wishing them well in their new life. Now I have to drive to Chattanooga.See eveyone later.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:40 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit View Post
I've never seen applause at a wedding.
I remember there was applause when Philippe and Mathilde of Belgium left the church. So perhaps this is a Belgian/Luxembourgish tradition?
Old 10-20-2012, 07:42 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta
Balcony RIGHT NOW!!! They are so sweet, he just won't let her go...
no words come to mind, but none are necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeta.belle
I'm tearing up. What a beautiful couple.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:49 AM
Royal Highness

Congratulations Guillaume & Stephanie
A wonderful couple. Stephanie was born to be a princess.
A great wedding. Noble, natural, public respectful, charming, simple and very nice visuals bride, groom and a very nice ceremony.

Both eyes shone with happiness. The groom were very happy and excited. The whole family happy and wonderful.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:51 AM
Courtier

Loved the dress and veil. Stephanie's dress is romantic and fairy tale like, absolutely beautiful.

I loved Guillaume taking hold of her hand so often. Loved MT's open adoration for her daughter-in-law. Loved too that Guillaume and MT arrived together and walked down the aisle together.

Loved the balcony scene. They both looked so relaxed and enjoying themselves.

Wonderful royal wedding!!
Nobility

Wow what a beauitful wedding. But it was a bit long, you can see that on some of the royals faces as they were watching. It was funny to watch tht some of the royals sung along as other didn't, Maxima looked like she was enjoying the ceremony though.

Stephaine is beautiful, I have neever seen a more stunning dress but she look so emotionaless.
Courtier

who was the other bridesmaid? and where can i watch the ceremony in the church, missed that!
They seem so in love, very touching to watch!
Old 10-20-2012, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Loved the balcony scene,what a lovely couple!
Old 10-20-2012, 07:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Love the dress! Elie Saab is an amazing designer and her dress maybe my all time favorite from here on out! Great ceremony and what a gorgeous couple! Congratulations!
Old 10-20-2012, 07:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
Well, can't speak for them, but i was raised as a catholic and we were taught that it wasn't proper to talk or show much emotion during a service... You were supposed to listen to the priest and look solemn..
I get the impression that her family are very devout, so maybe they were taught that too...
Ahhhhh.. nothing is better than a royal wedding and this was one that had a bit of everything in it. I'd almost forgotten how long a Catholic High Mass could be and this one omitted nothing. The telltale signs were there as I did see a few people the cameras panned over that looked seriously close to taking a nap and a few times the bride and groom did seem to have glassed-over expression on their faces as if they were a million miles away somewhere. Stephanie did look the most serious and Guilluame couldn't seem to take his eyes off her and she'd redirect his gaze back to in front of them. There definitely was an aura between them of closeness and there was the thumb caressing too that was so dominant in Victoria and Daniel's wedding. I think though as far as sensing deep emotions, it had to be when the camera panned to Stephanie's father. I could sense so many emotions running through him and perhaps the most touching part of the ceremony is when he took part in giving his daughter away to the groom.

The wedding dress was a total winner.. I've always found lace to be so romantic and the color of the dress made it seem so timeless. What I didn't like so much was the way the veil was worn. It was so beautiful but somehow to me didn't look right coming out of the middle of the back of her head. Pure class was she didn't have to pick up the dress going up into the cathedral. She did the little kick dress, step up to make sure she didn't step on it.

I think the reason the the Grand Duchess wore the color she did is that it went with the national color theme. The flower girls and pages were in the colors of Luxemborgh and MT's dress closely matched the color of the pages breeches I think.

About applause in the church, I think that's been relaxed since they added the sign of peace to the liturgy. Its a celebration and time for all to come together in peace and celebration so applause for the newly weds in my experience has happened more often than not.

All and all a very beautiful ceremony.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:57 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

It was a really lovely and touching ceremony! The balcony scene so sweet!!! Congratulations to Stephanie, Guillaume and their families!

Mariage prince Guillaume - Stéphanie de Lannoy : Une sublime cérémonie

Gallery from the balcony PPE Agency

"Hello" Luxembourg's happy newlyweds share a loving kiss on the palace balcony

"Hola" Seis besos en el balcón sellan el enlace del Gran Duque heredero de Luxemburgo y la princesa Stéphanie ** Google Translate
Old 10-20-2012, 07:59 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post
Loved the dress and veil. Stephanie's dress is romantic and fairy tale like, absolutely beautiful.

I loved Guillaume taking hold of her hand so often. Loved MT's open adoration for her daughter-in-law. Loved too that Guillaume and MT arrived together and walked down the aisle together.

Loved the balcony scene. They both looked so relaxed and enjoying themselves.

Wonderful royal wedding!!
I have exactly the same opinion about the wedding like you. It was a really beautiful wedding! Just loved the balcony scene, all those kisses. They seem to be really happy together! Stephanie was stunning, love her dress. And Guillaume was more handsome than ever! They are and will be a great couple (and parents)!
Old 10-20-2012, 07:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm definitely in love with this couple!
They are so genuine and even "innocently" looking but very much in love.
At the Church ceremony and afterwards there was a very special atmosphere.
I like Stephanie's wedding -dress, its lace, it was exactly what I supposed her to wear, it suited her just perfectly.They really complement each other and it's clear that their love will grow even more with years, they are just at beginning, especially liked the way Guillaume looked at his bride, equally with tenderness and passion.
The Grand-Duchess's dress looked very nice as well.

Tags
church, countess, guillaume, hereditary grand duke, lannoy, luxembourg, prince, religious, royal wedding, stephanie, wedding