The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-06-2012, 06:53 PM
Royal Highness

Am I the only one who found it strange that the two adult bridesmaids weren't included in the official picture with the page boys and flower girls?

Old 11-15-2012, 08:40 AM
Nobility

The Luxarazzi blog published a pretty extensive guest list, lots of members of the German and Belgian nobility were present.

Luxembourg: Wedding Guest List

Old 11-16-2012, 02:33 PM
Serene Highness

Holy cow Saschana, that was indeed some major work you did. Im sure it was exhausting but thank you so much for your hard work. Extensive to say the least but well worth it. :)
Old 11-16-2012, 03:22 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
Holy cow Saschana, that was indeed some major work you did. Im sure it was exhausting but thank you so much for your hard work. Extensive to say the least but well worth it. :)
Oh, it wasn't me but the bloggers over on the Luxarazzi blog, who are fabulous! It's the No. 1 resource when it comes to the grand ducal family, they usually know what even the unknown members of the family are up to and report about it.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Some big photos
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc...10_r2_1280.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc...o8_r1_1280.jpg
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc...o1_r1_1280.jpg
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc...11_r5_1280.jpg
Old 11-16-2012, 09:24 PM
Serene Highness

Lady Finn, thanks for the pictures (great one of Letizia's face). I am wondering about these army officer uniforms which the royal men wear. Some of them do not look right to me for a wedding. W-A looks older than he is and not of the same brand as Maxima, who is so bright and stylish on his arm. I believe formal evening dress would look better, such as that worn by Prince Felix and other younger royals. Mary's husband--what's his name, Fred?--looks like something out of the Pirates of Penzance. I know it's tradition, and some really like it, but I say they should change to a new tradition. I would have even preferred Guillaume in formal dress. His uniform was simple and hence not burlesque, but when he came out of the cathedral I believe he put on his long sword which someone must have handed him. I didn't like the sword. Anyway, I'm nit-picking. Thanks for the pics!
Old 11-23-2012, 03:05 PM
Heir Apparent

a diary from an attendee to the wedding:

Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie: Diary from a royal wedding guest
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 11-25-2012, 01:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks carlota...it was such a perfectly beautiful wedding!
Old 06-15-2013, 02:34 AM
Royal Highness

The Order of Sartorial Splendor had a post about bridal entrances -Stephanie's was one of the five or so that was show cased in her blog post!

It brought tears to my eyes!

1. She was a stunning bride -beautiful dress, smile (she seems so genuine).
2. Her handsome groom and his expression when waiting for her to come down to meet him at the alter! There is no doubt that these two are a love match!!
3. The tribute of silence to Stephanie's mother Alix in the beginning was so touching and sweet!
4. Lastly, I never really understood why her father walked her down the aisle, and why it was her brother the entire time. It was just now that I learned that he was too sick to do so. Bless his heart! When Stephanie made it to the alter, she and Guillaume greeted her father and spoke with him/exchanging sweet smiles! This was so lovely. For sure one of those moments that the two of the. Will not forget.

What a special wedding for such a sweet couple!

The luxumbourgish, Dutch and Balkin families have always been my favorite. This wedding, however has really, changed my wedding dress favs.... Now I really don't know which dress I want anymore for number one... MAX OR STEPH! Maybe I can have both!
Old 09-27-2013, 01:35 PM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Flashback Friday: Guillaume and Stéphanie's Wedding

One of my favorite royal weddings!
Old 09-27-2013, 02:47 PM
Heir Apparent

My pick for most beautiful wedding, along with Andrew and Sarah's, CP Victoria's and William and Kate's is Guillaume and Stephanie!
Old 10-20-2013, 10:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Gifs and photos of the wedding:

mon coeur est ici

mon coeur est ici

http://stephanie-and-guillaume.tumbl...-first-wedding

mon coeur est ici

http://stephanie-and-guillaume.tumbl...-first-wedding
Old 10-20-2013, 10:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Wow...that second photo from the top show Stephanie's gown to great effect from the back...sooo stunning!
Old 10-20-2013, 11:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Wow...that second photo from the top show Stephanie's gown to great effect from the back...sooo stunning!

I love it more every time I see it!
Old 10-21-2013, 12:36 AM
Nobility

Those are beautiful pictures, thankyou.
I wish this delightful couple every happiness and "many years" :)
Old 10-21-2013, 01:23 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Absolutely! Such a stunning gown! My favorite!
Old 10-21-2013, 01:24 AM
Royal Highness

Thank you, thank you!
Old 08-26-2014, 08:19 PM
Royal Highness

I like that the bride's attendants were dressed in the traditional Nassau colors of blue and orange.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:24 PM
Heir Apparent

So did I...but we are in the minority!
Old 08-26-2014, 09:00 PM
Courtier

I also like.

Style of the Portuguese sovereign: By the Grace of God and by the Constitution of the Monarchy, King [or Queen] of Portugal and the Algarves of either side of the sea in Africa, Lord of Guinea and of Conquest, Navigation, and Commerce of Ethiopia, Arabia, Persia, and India, etc.

Tags
church, countess, guillaume, hereditary grand duke, lannoy, luxembourg, prince, religious, royal wedding, stephanie, wedding