The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-29-2012, 12:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viv View Post
As someone said: it was a 'classy wedding' ! I'm wondering: did it make a difference that the bride came from the nobility and thus not a commoner, at least not by continental standards??. In Northern Europe we've seen a few commoners marrying into royalty in recent years; they've had the full royal make-over all the stops have been pulled out for a 'romantic' wedding - especially Stockholm 2010. Though groomed, primed and prepared the commoner often manage to look a bit out-of-place at the wedding.
Then there's Stephanie de Lannoy with a natural noblesse, - arriving in her in gown, in itself a fairly simple design turned exclusive and sophisticated with the Elie Saab hallmarks, wearing a family heirloom tiara. She was the most stylish bride -stylish in the regal way - I've seen for ages! Then there was the the beautiful music and the solemn occasion.

For the record: I'm not against royalty marrying commoners, but somehow this Luxembourg wedding represented the true mystique of a royal wedding!

viv
Perfect description! Yes, regal - that it was.

Old 10-29-2012, 01:12 PM

viv:

Viv: I used the word classy to describe the wedding, but IMHO you have summed up perfectly why it was just that. thanks

Old 10-29-2012, 05:17 PM
Commoner

I have to say that this wedding was class all the way! There were obviously some deeper emotions underpinning the wedding with the very recent death of the bride's mother that provided a poignancy...And the dress was unbelievable! I think this dress overshadows most of the wedding dresses we've seen in recent years - a simple design, yet grand in detail - it definitely had a regal and sophisticated air about it! And yet the bride looked so beautiful and innocent... I think that juxtaposition is what did it!
Old 10-29-2012, 08:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Was there a picture of the wedding cake? I don't believe I saw it.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

You are right. A very "classy" wedding. Truly love and respect between the two principles. Everything seems wonderful to observe. I hope they have a blessed union.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:07 PM
Serene Highness

Yet another beautiful royal wedding, I loved Stephanie's Ellie Saab dress it was beautiful.the whole thing was just beautiful.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:12 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
Was there a picture of the wedding cake? I don't believe I saw it.
ILoveCP posted a picture of the cake in the Royal Wedding Cakes:
- Stephanie and Guillaume's cake
Old 10-29-2012, 10:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viv View Post
As someone said: it was a 'classy wedding' ! I'm wondering: did it make a difference that the bride came from the nobility and thus not a commoner, at least not by continental standards??. In Northern Europe we've seen a few commoners marrying into royalty in recent years; they've had the full royal make-over all the stops have been pulled out for a 'romantic' wedding - especially Stockholm 2010. Though groomed, primed and prepared the commoner often manage to look a bit out-of-place at the wedding.
Then there's Stephanie de Lannoy with a natural noblesse, - arriving in her in gown, in itself a fairly simple design turned exclusive and sophisticated with the Elie Saab hallmarks, wearing a family heirloom tiara. She was the most stylish bride -stylish in the regal way - I've seen for ages! Then there was the the beautiful music and the solemn occasion.

For the record: I'm not against royalty marrying commoners, but somehow this Luxembourg wedding represented the true mystique of a royal wedding!

viv
That's how I feel too. This one had that special "something" that left you in no doubt that it was a very Royal wedding-it almost reminded me of those old newsreels of weddings from my mom's era in the 60's- but there was also a sense of intimacy and poignancy about it as well.

It's now my all time favorite Royal wedding along with Daniel/Victoria and Baudouin/Fabiola. I wish there was a complete DVD I could purchase, the music of the liturgy(Mozart's Mass of the Trinity) was especially moving.

Beauty, romance, grandeur...this wedding had absolutely everything.

ETA: That wedding cake is something to behold....EIGHT TIERS!!
Old 10-29-2012, 11:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
ILoveCP posted a picture of the cake in the Royal Wedding Cakes:
- Stephanie and Guillaume's cake
Thank you
Old 10-29-2012, 11:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
That's how I feel too. This one had that special "something" that left you in no doubt that it was a very Royal wedding-it almost reminded me of those old newsreels of weddings from my mom's era in the 60's- but there was also a sense of intimacy and poignancy about it as well.

It's now my all time favorite Royal wedding along with Daniel/Victoria and Baudouin/Fabiola. I wish there was a complete DVD I could purchase, the music of the liturgy(Mozart's Mass of the Trinity) was especially moving.

Beauty, romance, grandeur...this wedding had absolutely everything.

ETA: That wedding cake is something to behold....EIGHT TIERS!!
It certainly had that "it" factor that made it unforgettable, and all the people involved were so happy and joyous!! Grand wedding - yes! - but also had the intimacy of a small wedding if that makes any sense!!!
Old 10-30-2012, 09:06 AM
Royal Highness

I've just bought this week's copy of Hello! Magazine and I have to say that I am very disappointed in the coverage of the wedding because it's not nearly as long as other royal weddings! Nonetheless, the photos are excellent and they really show up the incredible detail of Stephanie's dress, I mean it's basically silver lace and sparkles and shines like moonlight upon icy dew.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:08 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
I've just bought this week's copy of Hello! Magazine and I have to say that I am very disappointed in the coverage of the wedding because it's not nearly as long as other royal weddings! Nonetheless, the photos are excellent and they really show up the incredible detail of Stephanie's dress, I mean it's basically silver lace and sparkles and shines like moonlight upon icy dew.
It is odd that certain royal weddings get more or less coverage, I do not know how they determine it. It seems Great Britain probably gets the most (I am not complaining!), but I don't understand it either. Size of country?
Old 10-30-2012, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

my Report and pics from the religious Wedding Day are now finally up

Royal Travel and Events Blog: Grand Ducal Wedding in Luxemburg - religious Wedding

Royal Travel and Events

Old 10-30-2012, 12:52 PM

If you live in or around London you should be able to get a copy of Spain's !HOLA! magazine (the original magazine before foreign versions of HELLO!) which is bound to have more coverage. My copy is bought but still in Spain. !HOLA! always covers royal weddings big-time and although the words will be in Spanish you can pick your way through...
Old 10-30-2012, 02:06 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
my Report and pics from the religious Wedding Day are now finally up

Royal Travel and Events Blog: Grand Ducal Wedding in Luxemburg - religious Wedding
Thank you for sharing your experience with us . Even though you weren't in the front row, your pictures came out clear. I love the picture of Stephanie, walking with her brother.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Thank you for sharing your experience with us . Even though you weren't in the front row, your pictures came out clear. I love the picture of Stephanie, walking with her brother.
Yes, thank you! Your site is smashing!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-30-2012, 11:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
Spanish HOLA! has devoted no less than 90 pages to the wedding in this week's issue! Considering that the magazine has only 112 pages, that is practically the entire magazine!

The photos are stunning and beautiful and even include a few pages from Guillaume's childhood, and family photos of the GD family relaxing at Fischbach and Berg Castles.

Buy it for the pictures even if you don't speak a word of Spanish, it is SO worth it...a collector's item.

Last week's Point de Vue has a gorgeous cover photo of Gui and Stephanie and has 60 pages of wedding photos.

Paris Match also has some great pictures.

British HELLO might have dropped the ball, but other publications more than made up for it!

Stefan, your photos are simply amazing! There are a few of Guillaume, Stephanie and Mette-Marit where they seem to be looking directly into the camera at YOU!
Old 10-31-2012, 05:02 PM
Serene Highness

Nice pictures, can't tell from your description which one is Prince Joseph of Leichtenstein (listed as behind Princess Annunziata)? It's interesting that some of the "Jacobites" consider Prince Joseph the latest heir to the throne of England, after his mother Sophie, his grandfather Max of Bavaria, and his great uncle Franz of Bavaria. This is descent on the "Stuart" line.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel1 View Post
Nice pictures, can't tell from your description which one is Prince Joseph of Leichtenstein (listed as behind Princess Annunziata)? It's interesting that some of the "Jacobites" consider Prince Joseph the latest heir to the throne of England, after his mother Sophie, his grandfather Max of Bavaria, and his great uncle Franz of Bavaria. This is descent on the "Stuart" line.
He is between his sisters, but it is not the son of the Hereditary Princely couple but the son of Prince Nikolaus and Princess Margaretha and thus a cosuin of Guillaume.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 11-01-2012, 03:38 PM
Serene Highness

thanks, Stefan.

Tags
church, countess, guillaume, hereditary grand duke, lannoy, luxembourg, prince, religious, royal wedding, stephanie, wedding