The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #361  
Old 10-29-2012, 12:17 PM
Andolini's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Seattle, United States
Posts: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viv View Post
As someone said: it was a 'classy wedding' ! I'm wondering: did it make a difference that the bride came from the nobility and thus not a commoner, at least not by continental standards??. In Northern Europe we've seen a few commoners marrying into royalty in recent years; they've had the full royal make-over all the stops have been pulled out for a 'romantic' wedding - especially Stockholm 2010. Though groomed, primed and prepared the commoner often manage to look a bit out-of-place at the wedding.
Then there's Stephanie de Lannoy with a natural noblesse, - arriving in her in gown, in itself a fairly simple design turned exclusive and sophisticated with the Elie Saab hallmarks, wearing a family heirloom tiara. She was the most stylish bride -stylish in the regal way - I've seen for ages! Then there was the the beautiful music and the solemn occasion.

For the record: I'm not against royalty marrying commoners, but somehow this Luxembourg wedding represented the true mystique of a royal wedding!

viv
Perfect description! Yes, regal - that it was.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #362  
Old 10-29-2012, 01:12 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Leeds, United Kingdom
Posts: 3
viv:

Viv: I used the word classy to describe the wedding, but IMHO you have summed up perfectly why it was just that. thanks
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #363  
Old 10-29-2012, 05:17 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: City in Illinois, United States
Posts: 14
I have to say that this wedding was class all the way! There were obviously some deeper emotions underpinning the wedding with the very recent death of the bride's mother that provided a poignancy...And the dress was unbelievable! I think this dress overshadows most of the wedding dresses we've seen in recent years - a simple design, yet grand in detail - it definitely had a regal and sophisticated air about it! And yet the bride looked so beautiful and innocent... I think that juxtaposition is what did it!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #364  
Old 10-29-2012, 08:21 PM
dbarn67's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: BROOKLYN, United States
Posts: 3,610
Was there a picture of the wedding cake? I don't believe I saw it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #365  
Old 10-29-2012, 08:23 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Spring Hill, United States
Posts: 2,472
You are right. A very "classy" wedding. Truly love and respect between the two principles. Everything seems wonderful to observe. I hope they have a blessed union.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #366  
Old 10-29-2012, 09:07 PM
Grandduchess24's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cambridge, United States
Posts: 1,318
Yet another beautiful royal wedding, I loved Stephanie's Ellie Saab dress it was beautiful.the whole thing was just beautiful.
__________________
" An ugly baby is a very nasty object, and the prettiest is frightful when undressed."
- Queen Victoria
Reply With Quote
  #367  
Old 10-29-2012, 10:12 PM
Artemisia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Posts: 5,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
Was there a picture of the wedding cake? I don't believe I saw it.
ILoveCP posted a picture of the cake in the Royal Wedding Cakes:
- Stephanie and Guillaume's cake
Reply With Quote
  #368  
Old 10-29-2012, 10:55 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 4,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viv View Post
As someone said: it was a 'classy wedding' ! I'm wondering: did it make a difference that the bride came from the nobility and thus not a commoner, at least not by continental standards??. In Northern Europe we've seen a few commoners marrying into royalty in recent years; they've had the full royal make-over all the stops have been pulled out for a 'romantic' wedding - especially Stockholm 2010. Though groomed, primed and prepared the commoner often manage to look a bit out-of-place at the wedding.
Then there's Stephanie de Lannoy with a natural noblesse, - arriving in her in gown, in itself a fairly simple design turned exclusive and sophisticated with the Elie Saab hallmarks, wearing a family heirloom tiara. She was the most stylish bride -stylish in the regal way - I've seen for ages! Then there was the the beautiful music and the solemn occasion.

For the record: I'm not against royalty marrying commoners, but somehow this Luxembourg wedding represented the true mystique of a royal wedding!

viv
That's how I feel too. This one had that special "something" that left you in no doubt that it was a very Royal wedding-it almost reminded me of those old newsreels of weddings from my mom's era in the 60's- but there was also a sense of intimacy and poignancy about it as well.

It's now my all time favorite Royal wedding along with Daniel/Victoria and Baudouin/Fabiola. I wish there was a complete DVD I could purchase, the music of the liturgy(Mozart's Mass of the Trinity) was especially moving.

Beauty, romance, grandeur...this wedding had absolutely everything.

ETA: That wedding cake is something to behold....EIGHT TIERS!!
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena
Reply With Quote
  #369  
Old 10-29-2012, 11:03 PM
dbarn67's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: BROOKLYN, United States
Posts: 3,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
ILoveCP posted a picture of the cake in the Royal Wedding Cakes:
- Stephanie and Guillaume's cake
Thank you
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #370  
Old 10-29-2012, 11:19 PM
Andolini's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Seattle, United States
Posts: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
That's how I feel too. This one had that special "something" that left you in no doubt that it was a very Royal wedding-it almost reminded me of those old newsreels of weddings from my mom's era in the 60's- but there was also a sense of intimacy and poignancy about it as well.

It's now my all time favorite Royal wedding along with Daniel/Victoria and Baudouin/Fabiola. I wish there was a complete DVD I could purchase, the music of the liturgy(Mozart's Mass of the Trinity) was especially moving.

Beauty, romance, grandeur...this wedding had absolutely everything.

ETA: That wedding cake is something to behold....EIGHT TIERS!!
It certainly had that "it" factor that made it unforgettable, and all the people involved were so happy and joyous!! Grand wedding - yes! - but also had the intimacy of a small wedding if that makes any sense!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #371  
Old 10-30-2012, 09:06 AM
Jacknch's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Grundisburgh, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,763
I've just bought this week's copy of Hello! Magazine and I have to say that I am very disappointed in the coverage of the wedding because it's not nearly as long as other royal weddings! Nonetheless, the photos are excellent and they really show up the incredible detail of Stephanie's dress, I mean it's basically silver lace and sparkles and shines like moonlight upon icy dew.
__________________
J
Reply With Quote
  #372  
Old 10-30-2012, 11:08 AM
Andolini's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Seattle, United States
Posts: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
I've just bought this week's copy of Hello! Magazine and I have to say that I am very disappointed in the coverage of the wedding because it's not nearly as long as other royal weddings! Nonetheless, the photos are excellent and they really show up the incredible detail of Stephanie's dress, I mean it's basically silver lace and sparkles and shines like moonlight upon icy dew.
It is odd that certain royal weddings get more or less coverage, I do not know how they determine it. It seems Great Britain probably gets the most (I am not complaining!), but I don't understand it either. Size of country?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #373  
Old 10-30-2012, 11:56 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 2,337
my Report and pics from the religious Wedding Day are now finally up

Royal Travel and Events Blog: Grand Ducal Wedding in Luxemburg - religious Wedding
__________________
Stefan

Royal Travel and Events

Reply With Quote
  #374  
Old 10-30-2012, 12:52 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Leeds, United Kingdom
Posts: 3
If you live in or around London you should be able to get a copy of Spain's !HOLA! magazine (the original magazine before foreign versions of HELLO!) which is bound to have more coverage. My copy is bought but still in Spain. !HOLA! always covers royal weddings big-time and although the words will be in Spanish you can pick your way through...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #375  
Old 10-30-2012, 02:06 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 7,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
my Report and pics from the religious Wedding Day are now finally up

Royal Travel and Events Blog: Grand Ducal Wedding in Luxemburg - religious Wedding
Thank you for sharing your experience with us . Even though you weren't in the front row, your pictures came out clear. I love the picture of Stephanie, walking with her brother.
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Reply With Quote
  #376  
Old 10-30-2012, 02:07 PM
Andolini's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Seattle, United States
Posts: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Thank you for sharing your experience with us . Even though you weren't in the front row, your pictures came out clear. I love the picture of Stephanie, walking with her brother.
Yes, thank you! Your site is smashing!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #377  
Old 10-30-2012, 11:51 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 4,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
I've just bought this week's copy of Hello! Magazine and I have to say that I am very disappointed in the coverage of the wedding because it's not nearly as long as other royal weddings! Nonetheless, the photos are excellent and they really show up the incredible detail of Stephanie's dress, I mean it's basically silver lace and sparkles and shines like moonlight upon icy dew.
Spanish HOLA! has devoted no less than 90 pages to the wedding in this week's issue! Considering that the magazine has only 112 pages, that is practically the entire magazine!

The photos are stunning and beautiful and even include a few pages from Guillaume's childhood, and family photos of the GD family relaxing at Fischbach and Berg Castles.

Buy it for the pictures even if you don't speak a word of Spanish, it is SO worth it...a collector's item.

Last week's Point de Vue has a gorgeous cover photo of Gui and Stephanie and has 60 pages of wedding photos.

Paris Match also has some great pictures.

British HELLO might have dropped the ball, but other publications more than made up for it!

Stefan, your photos are simply amazing! There are a few of Guillaume, Stephanie and Mette-Marit where they seem to be looking directly into the camera at YOU!
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena
Reply With Quote
  #378  
Old 10-31-2012, 05:02 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Alamos, United States
Posts: 1,034
Nice pictures, can't tell from your description which one is Prince Joseph of Leichtenstein (listed as behind Princess Annunziata)? It's interesting that some of the "Jacobites" consider Prince Joseph the latest heir to the throne of England, after his mother Sophie, his grandfather Max of Bavaria, and his great uncle Franz of Bavaria. This is descent on the "Stuart" line.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #379  
Old 11-01-2012, 12:29 PM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 2,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel1 View Post
Nice pictures, can't tell from your description which one is Prince Joseph of Leichtenstein (listed as behind Princess Annunziata)? It's interesting that some of the "Jacobites" consider Prince Joseph the latest heir to the throne of England, after his mother Sophie, his grandfather Max of Bavaria, and his great uncle Franz of Bavaria. This is descent on the "Stuart" line.
He is between his sisters, but it is not the son of the Hereditary Princely couple but the son of Prince Nikolaus and Princess Margaretha and thus a cosuin of Guillaume.
__________________
Stefan

Royal Travel and Events

Reply With Quote
  #380  
Old 11-01-2012, 03:38 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Alamos, United States
Posts: 1,034
thanks, Stefan.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
church, countess, guillaume, hereditary grand duke, lannoy, luxembourg, prince, religious, royal wedding, stephanie, wedding


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Guillaume and Stéphanie: the Civil Wedding Princess Robijn Wedding of Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume & Countess Stéphanie de Lannoy: 20 October 2012 75 04-15-2014 04:15 AM
Countess Stéphanie's Wedding Dresses (Civil and Church) Princess Robijn Wedding of Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume & Countess Stéphanie de Lannoy: 20 October 2012 185 08-10-2013 07:25 PM
Guillaume and Stéphanie: Wedding Guest Fashions Princess Robijn Wedding of Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume & Countess Stéphanie de Lannoy: 20 October 2012 224 11-16-2012 02:25 PM
Guillaume & Stéphanie: Where to watch the wedding live (TV & Online) Princess Robijn Wedding of Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume & Countess Stéphanie de Lannoy: 20 October 2012 35 10-21-2012 11:04 PM
Guillaume and Stéphanie: Confirmed Wedding Guests Princess Robijn Wedding of Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume & Countess Stéphanie de Lannoy: 20 October 2012 9 10-17-2012 09:35 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth bourbon-parma charlene chris o'neill crown prince felipe crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events duchess of cambridge dutch royal history fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta elena infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan kate middleton king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games ottoman picture of the month pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:46 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]