The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-24-2012, 12:06 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23
That was incredibly moving Andolini. I saw video of Count Philippe sobbing at the civil ceremony and MT kneeling at his side trying to console him. It was just heartbreaking.

Someone said CP Maxima was crying in Church, but I didn't see it. Was it Stephanie walking over to her father that made her cry?
Yes, I saw CP Maxima wiping her eyes shortly thereafter. Also, I thought Prince Philippe of Belgium looked a little teary in one close-up.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

I didn't understand the commentary on the video I watched; why did the congregation all kiss each other on the cheek at some point? I assume the congregation did this too, as it showed the Luxembourg family kissing one another on the cheek and then they panned to the congregation and they were all smiling. Shame there is no photo of it, if they did do it. Would have been lovely to see it.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:36 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
It was certainly more than I expected it to be. The guests, the ceremony with it's magnificent liturgy and Mozart pieces and especially the bride was straight out of fantasy, imo.

I think it's now my favorite Royal wedding overall, with Daniel/Victoria at #2 and Andrew/Sarah in 1986 at #3.

There is a DVD and book that will be released Saturday according to Wort.lu.

I am wondering about the music Stephanie proceeded up the aisle to..it was very stirring but I found it rather unusual for a wedding Processional. I wonder why they chose it?
That was the Rigadon and it was inded written as a processional or recessional- one of the most beautiful in my opinion
Old 10-24-2012, 07:38 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
I didn't understand the commentary on the video I watched; why did the congregation all kiss each other on the cheek at some point? I assume the congregation did this too, as it showed the Luxembourg family kissing one another on the cheek and then they panned to the congregation and they were all smiling. Shame there is no photo of it, if they did do it. Would have been lovely to see it.
2That is the kiss of peace which is given during the Mass. Some congregations just shake hands, others do the kissing thing
Old 10-24-2012, 11:32 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Hello, Molly2101: Yes, that was the kiss of peace, which some of us Protestants also do after communion.

And, if you want to know more about some of the details of the music, you can go to this website.
Luxembourg
Old 10-24-2012, 12:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Se alla de kungliga bröllopsbilderna - Victoria och Daniel på bröllop i Luxemburg - MSN Nöje
Old 10-25-2012, 12:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

The wedding gown was absolutely spectacular. Has it been anything written about the weight of the gown? Looking at the video Stephanie was visibly straining to pull the gown along. She must have been exhausted by the time she reached the altar.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:10 AM
Heir Apparent

grevinnan I have no idea how much it weighed but I'd love to know as well. Considering that it had a whopping 50,000 pearls sown into it by hand, it's no wonder poor Stephanie was walking so slowly and appeared to struggle up the steps of the Cathedral. She got the workout of a lifetime and probably dropped at least five pounds on her wedding day just from pulling that lavish gown around.

At least she wasn't perspiring...someone who was in the choir loft posted online that it was warm inside the Cathedral, and also that Stephanie appeared to "glitter and sparkle up the aisle" from the view above.

It was worth it though, a really beautiful piece of work by designer Elie Saab.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:15 PM
Courtier

I understood that they left for a private party at castle Berg?!
Old 10-25-2012, 11:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv View Post
I understood that they left for a private party at castle Berg?!

I've read a couple of things...first that they left after the fireworks, then the second version is that they attended the party at Berg for close friends and family and left from there.

It makes sense that they would leave from Berg, imo.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:41 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I've read a couple of things...first that they left after the fireworks, then the second version is that they attended the party at Berg for close friends and family and left from there.

It makes sense that they would leave from Berg, imo.
I think it was a false rumour about the private party in Berg, because this artical said, that CP Mette-Marit was flown on Saturday at home, with King Harald and Queen Sonja, and because they are one of the best friends of the Luxemburgs, I think there was nothing with this party. So we can assume, that they left after the firework..

Kronprinsesse mette-marit - Mette-Marit i flydrama etter bryllupet - Seoghør.no Kongelige
Google Fordító
Old 10-26-2012, 06:21 PM
Courtier

Was there a reception after the religious wedding for the guests? Or was it just the gala dinner beforehand?
Old 10-26-2012, 06:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy View Post
Was there a reception after the religious wedding for the guests? Or was it just the gala dinner beforehand?
There may have been some kind of gathering or the foreign royals just stuck around for the official portrait.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:23 PM
Serene Highness

The program of the church wedding in this thread, http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ing-33778.html , says that there was a reception after the church service at 1 p.m.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

You didn't think they would send all those people back with out a cookie, so to speak. What horrible etiquette that would be. Of course, they had some food and a reception for them.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:11 PM
Courtier

This is my absolute dream wedding couple. I had no idea that they would be marrying on the 20th (or better said: I had read it a couple of times but not remembered it), I turned on the TV and saw them - WOW!!! Instant love at first sight.
Countess (now of course Hereditary Grand Duchess) Stéphanie looked absolutely beautiful in her wedding gown. And she has a lovely and sweet charisma from herself, I find. I am totally satisfied. And Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume looked so handsome in his uniform (and I find him handsome by himself too, I add).

Stéphanie is in firm first place as my most beautiful bride, only 'having' to share her spot with the late Diana, Princess of Wales.

This wedding gave me everything I wish for in a royal wedding, and for me it came from a totally unexpected corner. A small country provided a big achievement, Thank You Guillaume and Stéphanie!
You are my couple and I wish you a joyful and happy marriage.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:15 PM
Heir Apparent

There was indeed very lavish reception after the Cathedral wedding. The menu was published on one of the other sites and it made my mouth water. It included champagne, creme brulee, and lobster, and those were only a couple of the things I can remember!

The reception also showcased an incredible eight-tiered wedding cake.

Then there was a more intimate late night gathering at Berg Castle for family and friends, and the next morning a brunch at Berg for family and other out of town guests.

Henri and Maria-Teresa sure know how to throw a party. They married off their oldest son and heir in VERY grand style.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:18 AM
Serene Highness

What? No videos? What has this world come to!
Old 10-28-2012, 06:56 PM
Courtier

A report in the German magazine Stern about the lunch after the church wedding

Interested what happened in the kitchen? For all German speaking members page 1 and 2 can be found here:

Der Auftrag meines Lebens: Wie Léa Linster die Hochzeit des Herzogs bekochte - Lifestyle | STERN.DE

Der Auftrag meines Lebens: Wie Léa Linster die Hochzeit des Herzogs bekochte - S.2 - Lifestyle | STERN.DE

And the translation:

Page 1: Google Übersetzer

Page 2: Google Übersetzer

PS including an anecdote about an collision of one of the cooks with Queen Fabiola. He obviously oversaw ... but it was her who apologised. Page 2.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
This wedding gave me everything I wish for in a royal wedding, and for me it came from a totally unexpected corner. A small country provided a big achievement, Thank You Guillaume and Stéphanie!
As someone said: it was a 'classy wedding' ! I'm wondering: did it make a difference that the bride came from the nobility and thus not a commoner, at least not by continental standards??. In Northern Europe we've seen a few commoners marrying into royalty in recent years; they've had the full royal make-over all the stops have been pulled out for a 'romantic' wedding - especially Stockholm 2010. Though groomed, primed and prepared the commoner often manage to look a bit out-of-place at the wedding.
Then there's Stephanie de Lannoy with a natural noblesse, - arriving in her in gown, in itself a fairly simple design turned exclusive and sophisticated with the Elie Saab hallmarks, wearing a family heirloom tiara. She was the most stylish bride -stylish in the regal way - I've seen for ages! Then there was the the beautiful music and the solemn occasion.

For the record: I'm not against royalty marrying commoners, but somehow this Luxembourg wedding represented the true mystique of a royal wedding!

viv

Tags
church, countess, guillaume, hereditary grand duke, lannoy, luxembourg, prince, religious, royal wedding, stephanie, wedding