The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-22-2012, 06:40 PM
Serene Highness

Tom and Lorenzo's take

Here is tlo's take on the wedding. For those who are not familiar with them, please overlook the language. I particularly enjoyed tlo's comment about the bridesmaids' gowns.

Princess Stephanie of Luxembourg In Elie Saab | Tom & Lorenzo

Old 10-22-2012, 10:25 PM
Serene Highness

Oh gosh, do you really think that Tom and Lorenzo were right that Stephanie stuck her bridesmaids in an ugly shade of orange so they would not take attention off her? Gosh, pretty low opinion there!

Old 10-22-2012, 10:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Mariel fwiw, no. From what we have learned about Stephanie in these past few months she does have a vain bone in her body, she wouldn't do that.

She and Guillaume together decided to incorporated the colors of the House of Nassau-Weilber is my guess, or Steph and MT decided, and the designer Natan selected the shades of blue and orange that were used...in this case peach.

To be so honest, I don't think the bridesmaids dresses are bad at all. When I first saw them the first thing I said was "how pretty!".

No, the color combo is not ideal but they ARE the Nassau colors....
Old 10-22-2012, 11:07 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
These have to be amongst the most beautiful official wedding photos.
Hello
Lovely photos! I'll be searching for this issue, because I have a feeling the only other publication that may cover this is 'MAJESTY', and that won't come to the US until December.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Penelope View Post
Got the ceremony downloaded from wort.lu and watched it!! One of my favourites along with William/Kate, Victoria/Daniel and Frederick/Mary. They looked very happy and the ceremony was lovely! <3
Can you post the link to that please? I'd love to have this as part of my collection. The ceremony was absolutely beautiful.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:37 PM
Serene Highness

I liked the shade of "orange," more apricot, that the bridesmaids wore. And the kids were cute as can be and behaved! Did you ever see kids do their rather complex job so faultlessly? Including bringing the rings to the altar, of course. Not dropping the pillow the ring was on? Steady hands!
Old 10-22-2012, 11:57 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel1 View Post
I liked the shade of "orange," more apricot, that the bridesmaids wore. And the kids were cute as can be and behaved! Did you ever see kids do their rather complex job so faultlessly? Including bringing the rings to the altar, of course. Not dropping the pillow the ring was on? Steady hands!
I loved the fact that the children had a relatively big role in the ceremony. I was hoping that during the Cambridge wedding the children would be more involved, but alas, that wasn't the case. I think that it's the exception and not the rule for a child to behave unruly during something like this. Of course it depends on the child, but most of the time, the children that are chosen are more than likely very mature for their age and have been in the spotlight or taken part in big family occasions, and therefore, would be able to handle something of this magnitude. I remember the younger attendants at the British Royal Wedding a year and a half ago were taken somewhere during the ceremony, and came out again when it was time to leave the Abbey. It was not the case at the wedding this past weekend (or so it seemed to me). I love watching children at events such as these. They always add extra charm and winsomeness to the occasion.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:03 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Yes, radiant, and also Maria Teresa and GD Henri radiant. Thank you for these pictures.
Absolutely!! One of the sweetest, heartfelt royal weddings ever! She was a vision in her gown and tiara, so beautiful, yet demure. He radiated happiness. The Grand Duke and Duchess were so happy, you could see it on their faces, especially proud mom Teresa!! Loved every minute of it, and LOVED her dress - sleeves!!!! Hooray!!
Old 10-23-2012, 12:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I loved the fact that the children had a relatively big role in the ceremony. I was hoping that during the Cambridge wedding the children would be more involved, but alas, that wasn't the case. I think that it's the exception and not the rule for a child to behave unruly during something like this. Of course it depends on the child, but most of the time, the children that are chosen are more than likely very mature for their age and have been in the spotlight or taken part in big family occasions, and therefore, would be able to handle something of this magnitude. I remember the younger attendants at the British Royal Wedding a year and a half ago were taken somewhere during the ceremony, and came out again when it was time to leave the Abbey. It was not the case at the wedding this past weekend (or so it seemed to me). I love watching children at events such as these. They always add extra charm and winsomeness to the occasion.
I too felt the children performed flawlessly throughout the very long ceremony...it was just a little over two hours!

CP Victoria also had baby attendants. There are some very precious and adorable photos of her having private convos with each of them at the wedding rehearsal. They included little Prince Christian of Denmark, Princess Ingrid-Alexandra of Norway, and Princess Catharina Amalia of the Netherlands. They were all clinging to her and playing with her hair.

At the wedding Victoria was so pleased and proud of how well behaved they were that when the wedding cake was cut, she insisted that the children be served first before all the other guests. What a charming and appropriate way to thank them!
Old 10-23-2012, 12:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S

Lovely photos! I'll be searching for this issue, because I have a feeling the only other publication that may cover this is 'MAJESTY', and that won't come to the US until December.

Can you post the link to that please? I'd love to have this as part of my collection. The ceremony was absolutely beautiful.
Here you go!

http://www.wort.lu/en/view/re-watch-...b09fe633911dc5
Old 10-23-2012, 02:44 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I would like more information on the second witness of Guillaume, Nicholas Frankopan.
The witness is Lawrence Doimi de Lupis Frankopan (1977), brother of Lady Paola Windsor (1969), and Nicholas Frankopan (1975) who was a witness at Maria Carolina of Parma’s wedding. I do not think Paola and Nicholas Windsor were at either wedding.

They are from the Croatian-Italian noble family of Doimi de Lupis (Counts) which is a branch of the Princely house of Frankopan that broke off in the 14th century. They are also descended from the princely house of Subic (Zrinski is later branch). So in a way adding Frankopan onto their names is like the Windsors adding Saxe-Coburg-Gotha. Some say they only starting using Frankopan in 2000. They claim to have used it before 2000 and a 2006 judgement in the Italian courts recognized this and their genealogical link.

They say using Frankopan is not a claim to anything just a reflection of the age of their family, but when the dad calls himself Prince Louis it kinda is for Louis. However, neither Louis, nor anyone else, is actually pretending to be heir to the Frankopans, Subich-Zrinskis, or Croatia. Louis does have older brother's with families, who do not use Frankopan, and who would also outrank them if they were the senior branch left of Frankopans. There are reportedly branches left with much closer links to these former princely houses of Croatia. Calling himself Prince Louis Frankopan Subic Zrinski, Count Doimi de Lupis got Louis kicked out of the Croatian nobility association for pretending to be royal, and the association did not understanding why being a Count wasn't good enough.

I don’t know if any of the children have ever referred to themselves as Prince/Princess, possibly it is only Dad that refers to the family that way (and may behind the wiki and other references). Louis’s actions might not affect the reputation of his children. They are a very Catholic, articulate and well educated family that are close to many royals. These royal families do refer to them as Frankopans (it’s legally their name) but do not refer to them as a Princely house.

Lawrence Frankopan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lady Nicholas Windsor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Google Translate
Old 10-23-2012, 04:56 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

The Duke and the Duchess of Vendôme have added some pics of themselves attending the wedding to their official website (click to enlarge):

** Le Duc et la Duchesse de Vendôme au mariage du Prince Guillaume de Luxembourg **
Old 10-23-2012, 05:25 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23

I too felt the children performed flawlessly throughout the very long ceremony...it was just a little over two hours!

CP Victoria also had baby attendants. There are some very precious and adorable photos of her having private convos with each of them at the wedding rehearsal. They included little Prince Christian of Denmark, Princess Ingrid-Alexandra of Norway, and Princess Catharina Amalia of the Netherlands. They were all clinging to her and playing with her hair.

At the wedding Victoria was so pleased and proud of how well behaved they were that when the wedding cake was cut, she insisted that the children be served first before all the other guests. What a charming and appropriate way to thank them!
How lovely! Victoria is so good with children, and they respond extremely well to her. No surprising at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Penelope
Thank you so much!

Old 10-23-2012, 07:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
Neither Beatrice or Madeleine are future monarchs, nor Carl Philip. Prince Joseph Wenzel of Lichtenstein is the oldest, born in 1995, the rest of the future monarchs are born between 2001 and 2011, so it will most likely take at least ten years, probably even 15 or 20 years until there is a wedding of a future monarch.
I know that, of course.
I guess I was thinking of next royal wedding, rather than next monarch's wedding.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:40 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Rashed & Zeina leaving the Luxembourg religious royal wedding
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-9b30WfWooV...0_ORIGINAL.jpg
Old 10-23-2012, 08:18 PM
Aristocracy

I really don't want to give up on this Royal Wedding. It was so beautiful. I keep thinking about it and wondering various things. Like I wonder what Stephanie's family were thinking as they were watching her in the church. Were they thinking: this is our adorable little sister and we are so glad that she has found such a wonderful person to love her and cherish her.
And, I loved seeing all the royals in those first few rows. They are such a varied and interesting group. And, what were the things going through their minds? Remembering their own weddings? Remembering how it felt to be so young? Loving the music? For some of them, it was an unfamiliar service...just as for some of us. Still most interesting.
There's just something about a beautiful royal wedding that sticks with you. I will always be glad that we were allowed to be a part of the whole day with Victoria and Daniel. We have a special place in our hearts for them and now for Stephanie and Guilluame. I give them my best wishes and prayers for many blessings.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissByrd View Post
I really don't want to give up on this Royal Wedding. It was so beautiful. I keep thinking about it and wondering various things. Like I wonder what Stephanie's family were thinking as they were watching her in the church. Were they thinking: this is our adorable little sister and we are so glad that she has found such a wonderful person to love her and cherish her.
And, I loved seeing all the royals in those first few rows. They are such a varied and interesting group. And, what were the things going through their minds? Remembering their own weddings? Remembering how it felt to be so young? Loving the music? For some of them, it was an unfamiliar service...just as for some of us. Still most interesting.
There's just something about a beautiful royal wedding that sticks with you. I will always be glad that we were allowed to be a part of the whole day with Victoria and Daniel. We have a special place in our hearts for them and now for Stephanie and Guilluame. I give them my best wishes and prayers for many blessings.
It really was a memorable wedding, I know what you mean. It had the best of both worlds: grandness of a royal affair, yet seemed intimate, smaller than others and a real family affair,
Old 10-23-2012, 08:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissByrd View Post
I'm still on the wedding high too; I can't get enough. I've even watched again from start to finished. It had everything I wanted in a royal wedding. The pre-wedding gala was such a jewel fest with glittering surprises, classics and a new younger set stepping into the serious jewel and tiara wearing (Tessy and Alexandra). The gown, for once was not disappointing in any are for me. It announced that this woman would someday ascend to Grand Duchess. The dress lived up to that standard like no other in a long time.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:28 PM
Heir Apparent

It was certainly more than I expected it to be. The guests, the ceremony with it's magnificent liturgy and Mozart pieces and especially the bride was straight out of fantasy, imo.

I think it's now my favorite Royal wedding overall, with Daniel/Victoria at #2 and Andrew/Sarah in 1986 at #3.

There is a DVD and book that will be released Saturday according to Wort.lu.

I am wondering about the music Stephanie proceeded up the aisle to..it was very stirring but I found it rather unusual for a wedding Processional. I wonder why they chose it?
Old 10-23-2012, 11:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
It was certainly more than I expected it to be. The guests, the ceremony with it's magnificent liturgy and Mozart pieces and especially the bride was straight out of fantasy, imo.

I think it's now my favorite Royal wedding overall, with Daniel/Victoria at #2 and Andrew/Sarah in 1986 at #3.

There is a DVD and book that will be released Saturday according to Wort.lu.

I am wondering about the music Stephanie proceeded up the aisle to..it was very stirring but I found it rather unusual for a wedding Processional. I wonder why they chose it?
I must say, one of my favorite parts was when she reached her groom, and then went to her father. That really moved me, as my father is no longer here. I lost it, it was so touching that she thought of that extra part, a way to show everyone that even though her dad physically could not walk her up the aisle, he was important and he was there, physically and emotionally. :)
Old 10-23-2012, 11:39 PM
Heir Apparent

That was incredibly moving Andolini. I saw video of Count Philippe sobbing at the civil ceremony and MT kneeling at his side trying to console him. It was just heartbreaking.

Someone said CP Maxima was crying in Church, but I didn't see it. Was it Stephanie walking over to her father that made her cry?

Tags
church, countess, guillaume, hereditary grand duke, lannoy, luxembourg, prince, religious, royal wedding, stephanie, wedding