The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-20-2012, 01:29 PM
Royal Highness

I still can't quite get over how ugly Princess Alexandra's bridesmaids dress was! The colour isn't great but besides that why couldn't she have had the same flattering cut as Antonia Hamilton!

Old 10-20-2012, 01:30 PM
Royal Highness

is luxembourgish similiar to dutch??? because there was a couple of times that music was playing with luxembourgish language chorus and i saw Maxima and Queen Beatrix sing along.

when french was used, many royals looked like they had more attention, no wonder, because Queen Margareth, Prince Henrik, Prince Frederik, Belgium Royals all speak french. but i also saw Prince Felipe singing french, i think he speaks that language as well. i think Princess Lalla Salma does too.

Old 10-20-2012, 01:30 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
What language was the wedding officiated in? French?
Mainly French, but the wedding vows and the majority of the homily were in Luxembourish. There were few parts in English too and the prayers of the faithful were a mix of languages, they used Dutch and Portuguese too.
They sang the Lord's prayer in Latin too

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
I still can't quite get over how ugly Princess Alexandra's bridesmaids dress was! The colour isn't great but besides that why couldn't she have had the same flattering cut as Antonia Hamilton!
maybe they did it cause she has a softer shape and she wouldn't have looked good in it
Old 10-20-2012, 01:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
is luxembourgish similiar to dutch??? because there was a couple of times that music was playing with luxembourgish language chorus and i saw Maxima and Queen Beatrix sing along
related languages but not that similar that you can automatically understand everything..
as for singing along, a lot of the music was not specifically from Luxemburg, so they could be singing along in another language...(french, dutch, english etc)
Old 10-20-2012, 02:11 PM
Courtier

Is there a dinner tonight?
Old 10-20-2012, 02:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit View Post
Because Felix of Bourbon-Parma married Charlotte the Grand -Duchess of Luxemburg -the great-grandmother of Guillaume. Felix was a brother of Empress Zita of Austria. Try wikipedia under FELIX OF BOURBON-PARMA.
I got it now, much appreciated!

BTW, I think Stephanie has a lovely voice and general aura, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by izabela84 View Post
Very nice group photo! It's funny that only CP Frederik of Denmark is looking at the wrong direction. If only the siblings of the groom hadn't been pushed back!
Old 10-20-2012, 02:43 PM
Commoner

Has anyone seen any pictures of Guillaume's cousins?
Old 10-20-2012, 03:01 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Apparently Lady Brabourne and Alexandra Knatchbull attended todays festivities in Luxembourg. Anyone seen any pictures?
Old 10-20-2012, 03:17 PM
Courtier

Thanks for all the comments, missed the wedding today, real life busy. :)

That said, from all the pictures this is the one wedding (if I had to choose) I wished I had attended ~ small intimate affair ~ both devout serious Catholics. All appeal to me.

And Stephanie's wedding dress did not disappoint, nor did she, a true princess/royal/noblewoman of the blood. The antique lace made me want to cry, and her skin is the best I've ever seen, the glow, the health, the color, the luminescence, exquisite, totally exquisite.

And I'm so glad Stephanie was an original, as was Princess Diana. Diana's wedding dress will forever remain my favorite, with Stephanie's second. Neither reminds me of anyone else's, to me the true meaning of an original.

Kudos all around, the decor, the guests, the ceremony, the setting, et al. Lovely lovely...

ps: so happy to see Prince Amedeo of Belgium there, just wish Caroline would have brought her daughter. *wink, wink* one can dream.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:32 PM
Royal Highness

God bless them both for a long and happy marriage. OMG! STUNNING STUNNING STUNNING! CHIC CHIC CHIC! From the dress, to the tiara, the hair, the veil, train, the guests' outfits, the look inside the church, all of it. CHIC! Her dress has now moved up to my top 3 favorite ever royal wedding dresses. I am in love with all of it.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

A little funny photo of tall Felipe and tiny Naruhito while they were getting to the bus and going to the church.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Old 10-20-2012, 03:38 PM
Serene Highness

It seems, the party would be go longer...

KRONPRINSESSE METTE-MARIT - Mette-Marit og Haakon på hemmelig nachspiel - Side2
Google Fordító

An other photogallery with very much pictures about the festivities:

Fürsten, Prinzen, Königshäuser: So leben und lieben die Royals - BUNTE.de
Old 10-20-2012, 03:45 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Pics from tonight

BelgaPicture - Category details

Photogallery from the ceremony Lehtikuva.fi

Photogallery from the balcony "Pure People" Mariage prince Guillaume - Stéphanie de Lannoy : Le baiser passionné des mariés
Old 10-20-2012, 04:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post

I say again, everyone can express their opinion how they like.
To a degree. There's a difference between stating an opinion and taking cheap shots. Expressing an opinion with tact and a degree of restraint never hurt anyone.

Quote:
If only the siblings of the groom hadn't been pushed back!
Yes I agree. I was a little surprised by that.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 10-20-2012, 04:05 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
Last night I thought some comments here on the dress of Alexandra at gala dinner were too tough, but indeed her bridesmaid dress today was disastrous! unsuitable for her size and weight.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:47 PM
Serene Highness

Prince Felix speaking English without an accent impressed me greatly. I know he has been a lot in English speaking countries, but to speak with NO accent is an achievement. I was an English teacher with many foreign students, and very few spoke without accents.
I was told by my Greek friends at Stanford that I spoke Greek without an accent, which they had never heard before from an English-speaker (those days long gone).

I was also impressed with the austerity of the cathdral. Few statues, just the Virgin Mary over the altar. They had removed the big crucifix which is usually present. It was nice to see Catholic and Protestant royals singing together. The fact that these people are linguists (the Luxembourgish) is very impressive to me.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Here are videos:

Europe's royals attend lavish wedding in Luxembourg - YouTube

Luxembourg royals kiss on palace balcony after wedding - YouTube
Old 10-20-2012, 04:51 PM
Courtier

I just finished watching the wedding on You Tube whic had it broken into 10 segments. Wonderful and warm ceremony. However, I am surprised that so many people sitting in the front of the church felt a need to take pictures of the couple processing down the aisle on their iPhones. Anyone else surprised?
Old 10-20-2012, 04:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchesina View Post
not at all actually. In Italy we do it all
the time, and we do it right after the end of the exchanging of the
vows, when the priest declare that the bride and the groom are husband and wife. !!!
Thanks for clearing that up! I hope you will understand that the
applause is unusual for us who are used to e.g. prostestant weddings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchesina View Post
And I can tell you that this was a
"nice" mass, pretty quick actually and enjoyable. I can understand that
for those who are not Catholic can be quite tough, especially because they probably don't get many of the things that happen during the mass, or why we do them. But I think MT and the spouses (I'm sure they arranged the wedding together LOL) did a great joy to make sure the whole ceremony was flowing and not at all boring.
Fo a non-RC like me the service was a tad on the long side ; I
noticed the many musical pieces/interludes -beautiful, most of them,
but I take it was there in order to separate the various liturgical links.
Nevertheless, what I liked about the service was that it generated
a solemn, but warm, inclusive atmosphere, without being
'touchy -feely romantic' in a gaudy way! I also liked the sharing of
the Holy Communion! It makes good sense at a wedding, but
unfortunately you rarely see it at protestant weddings.

At the bottomline:
this wedding was a great experience! Congratulations to the happy couple and to Luxembourg!

viv

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
I am surprised that so many people sitting in the front of the church felt a need to take pictures of the couple processing down the aisle on their iPhones. Anyone else surprised?
Erm.. yes!

viv
Old 10-20-2012, 04:54 PM
Courtier

I would assume the bride chose the bride maids dresses and they wore what she wanted. Unfortunately, the bride made a bad choice they weren't great.

Tags
church, countess, guillaume, hereditary grand duke, lannoy, luxembourg, prince, religious, royal wedding, stephanie, wedding