HGD Guillaume of Luxembourg & Stéphanie de Lannoy: Religious Wedding - Oct 20, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
These have to be amongst the most beautiful official wedding photos.
Hello

I had not seen them at all since their wedding, therefore you can imagine my surprise when I saw them arriving at this wedding. Zeina looked fantastic, fresh and youthful yet very elegant! They make a very cute couple! :flowers:

I had not seen them at all since their wedding, therefore you can imagine my surprise when I saw them arriving at this wedding. Zeina looked fantastic, fresh and youthful yet very elegant! They make a very cute couple! :flowers:
I agree with you Noor! I cant imagine any lady for Rashid but Zeina :D

Last edited:
Did she sign as Stephanie de Lannoy?

It was difficult to see her signature. It could have been Stephanie de Lannoy or Stephanie of Lux. Legally, she was a Princess of Lux after the civil. I'm going to have to watch that part again.

I saw that too. It seemed like she did not know how to sign.
It seemed the priest told her.
I´m convinced she signed with Stephanie de Lannoy,because they referred to her as Comtesse Stephanie before the exchanging of the vows. In catholic church the civil marriage does not matter.You still sign with your old name :)

Yes she signed as S. de Lannoy. Sometimes it really pays off to have a huge HD TV screen. :)

:luxstandard: :belgiumflag2: Congratulations to the Hereditary Grand Dukes of Luxembourg! :belgiumflag2: :luxstandard:

Yes, radiant, and also Maria Teresa and GD Henri radiant. Thank you for these pictures.

Got the ceremony downloaded from wort.lu and watched it!! One of my favourites along with William/Kate, Victoria/Daniel and Frederick/Mary. They looked very happy and the ceremony was lovely! <3

:previous: I know this isn't the right thread but she has such a lovely smile and his is possitively beautific. They just look so happy together and make such a wonderful couple.

who was the elderly gentleman that the bride spoke to before she was seated at the alter?

Right at the beginning of the ceremony? That was her father..

I was wondering how they were going to work things after I saw the civil ceremony. The first person Stephanie kissed after the formalities were over was her father in the wheelchair. I think they really worked it well with having her elder brother walk her down the aisle and her father coming to meet them to officially give his daughter in marriage. Very touching as it obviously was quite an effort on her father's part to stand for very long.

The entire wedding was very well thought out and everything taken into consideration.

According to royalblog Princess Alexandra of Sayn Wittgenstein Berleburg became unwell during the mass and went to the first aid. She left the church in a wheelchair while covering her face with her hand. Her husband seemed embarrassed. Fortunately she left through a side entrance, with no photographers around.

--

During the gala the other guests had diner in the cercle cité on the place d'armes. Around 22:00 they went with by bus to the palace.

I am wondering why for example the prince and princess of Venice were in the A catagory while the head of the house of Prussia was not. The same happened apparently when people entered the cathedral.

Last edited:
Oh gosh, do you really think that Tom and Lorenzo were right that Stephanie stuck her bridesmaids in an ugly shade of orange so they would not take attention off her? Gosh, pretty low opinion there!

Mariel fwiw, no. From what we have learned about Stephanie in these past few months she does have a vain bone in her body, she wouldn't do that.

She and Guillaume together decided to incorporated the colors of the House of Nassau-Weilber is my guess, or Steph and MT decided, and the designer Natan selected the shades of blue and orange that were used...in this case peach.

To be so honest, I don't think the bridesmaids dresses are bad at all. When I first saw them the first thing I said was "how pretty!". :whistling:

No, the color combo is not ideal but they ARE the Nassau colors....:ermm:

These have to be amongst the most beautiful official wedding photos.
Hello

Lovely photos! I'll be searching for this issue, because I have a feeling the only other publication that may cover this is 'MAJESTY', and that won't come to the US until December.

Got the ceremony downloaded from wort.lu and watched it!! One of my favourites along with William/Kate, Victoria/Daniel and Frederick/Mary. They looked very happy and the ceremony was lovely! <3

Can you post the link to that please? I'd love to have this as part of my collection. The ceremony was absolutely beautiful.

I liked the shade of "orange," more apricot, that the bridesmaids wore. And the kids were cute as can be and behaved! Did you ever see kids do their rather complex job so faultlessly? Including bringing the rings to the altar, of course. Not dropping the pillow the ring was on? Steady hands!

I liked the shade of "orange," more apricot, that the bridesmaids wore. And the kids were cute as can be and behaved! Did you ever see kids do their rather complex job so faultlessly? Including bringing the rings to the altar, of course. Not dropping the pillow the ring was on? Steady hands!

I loved the fact that the children had a relatively big role in the ceremony. I was hoping that during the Cambridge wedding the children would be more involved, but alas, that wasn't the case. I think that it's the exception and not the rule for a child to behave unruly during something like this. Of course it depends on the child, but most of the time, the children that are chosen are more than likely very mature for their age and have been in the spotlight or taken part in big family occasions, and therefore, would be able to handle something of this magnitude. I remember the younger attendants at the British Royal Wedding a year and a half ago were taken somewhere during the ceremony, and came out again when it was time to leave the Abbey. It was not the case at the wedding this past weekend (or so it seemed to me). I love watching children at events such as these. They always add extra charm and winsomeness to the occasion.

Yes, radiant, and also Maria Teresa and GD Henri radiant. Thank you for these pictures.

Absolutely!! One of the sweetest, heartfelt royal weddings ever! She was a vision in her gown and tiara, so beautiful, yet demure. He radiated happiness. The Grand Duke and Duchess were so happy, you could see it on their faces, especially proud mom Teresa!! Loved every minute of it, and LOVED her dress - sleeves!!!! Hooray!!

I loved the fact that the children had a relatively big role in the ceremony. I was hoping that during the Cambridge wedding the children would be more involved, but alas, that wasn't the case. I think that it's the exception and not the rule for a child to behave unruly during something like this. Of course it depends on the child, but most of the time, the children that are chosen are more than likely very mature for their age and have been in the spotlight or taken part in big family occasions, and therefore, would be able to handle something of this magnitude. I remember the younger attendants at the British Royal Wedding a year and a half ago were taken somewhere during the ceremony, and came out again when it was time to leave the Abbey. It was not the case at the wedding this past weekend (or so it seemed to me). I love watching children at events such as these. They always add extra charm and winsomeness to the occasion.

I too felt the children performed flawlessly throughout the very long ceremony...it was just a little over two hours! :eek:

CP Victoria also had baby attendants. There are some very precious and adorable photos of her having private convos with each of them at the wedding rehearsal. They included little Prince Christian of Denmark, Princess Ingrid-Alexandra of Norway, and Princess Catharina Amalia of the Netherlands. They were all clinging to her and playing with her hair. :lol:

At the wedding Victoria was so pleased and proud of how well behaved they were that when the wedding cake was cut, she insisted that the children be served first before all the other guests. What a charming and appropriate way to thank them! :p

I would like more information on the second witness of Guillaume, Nicholas Frankopan.

The witness is Lawrence Doimi de Lupis Frankopan (1977), brother of Lady Paola Windsor (1969), and Nicholas Frankopan (1975) who was a witness at Maria Carolina of Parma’s wedding. I do not think Paola and Nicholas Windsor were at either wedding.

They are from the Croatian-Italian noble family of Doimi de Lupis (Counts) which is a branch of the Princely house of Frankopan that broke off in the 14th century. They are also descended from the princely house of Subic (Zrinski is later branch). So in a way adding Frankopan onto their names is like the Windsors adding Saxe-Coburg-Gotha. Some say they only starting using Frankopan in 2000. They claim to have used it before 2000 and a 2006 judgement in the Italian courts recognized this and their genealogical link.

They say using Frankopan is not a claim to anything just a reflection of the age of their family, but when the dad calls himself Prince Louis it kinda is for Louis. However, neither Louis, nor anyone else, is actually pretending to be heir to the Frankopans, Subich-Zrinskis, or Croatia. Louis does have older brother's with families, who do not use Frankopan, and who would also outrank them if they were the senior branch left of Frankopans. There are reportedly branches left with much closer links to these former princely houses of Croatia. Calling himself Prince Louis Frankopan Subic Zrinski, Count Doimi de Lupis got Louis kicked out of the Croatian nobility association for pretending to be royal, and the association did not understanding why being a Count wasn't good enough.

I don’t know if any of the children have ever referred to themselves as Prince/Princess, possibly it is only Dad that refers to the family that way (and may behind the wiki and other references). Louis’s actions might not affect the reputation of his children. They are a very Catholic, articulate and well educated family that are close to many royals. These royal families do refer to them as Frankopans (it’s legally their name) but do not refer to them as a Princely house.

Lawrence Frankopan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lady Nicholas Windsor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Google Translate

Back
Top Bottom