The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-20-2012, 12:02 PM
Nobility

I wasn't able to watch the ceremony but it seems like it was lovely from the pictures. The bride's dress was beautiful, although I didn't really care for the way they arranged the veil and tiara.

I thought the majority of the royal guests looked great - standouts for me were Mary and Letizia. The only one I thought missed the mark was Mette Marit. The men always look good in their uniforms, although I was surprised by how old Felipe of Spain is looking, (possibly stress?)

Old 10-20-2012, 12:10 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by izabela84 View Post
Where are HGD Stephanie's family on this picture? I don't see anyone except royals.

Old 10-20-2012, 12:13 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofelia View Post
Where are HGD Stephanie's family on this picture? I don't see anyone except royals.
Her father is in the picture, this was probably just a 'royal' picture. There may be others released with family, the couple on their own, with parents, with bridesmaids etc.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:14 PM
Aristocracy

I was able to finally watch the wedding, but only via the live stream provided by RTL.be, the other live stream sites were not working in my area [NYC].

That said, allow me to give you my impression of the wedding. I was extremely impressed. It was restrained [never ostentatious or showy], but at the same time elegant and not lacking in pomp. I was very impressed with the precision of the wedding. Each crown head would arrive at the cathedral in their own limousine. He or she would disembark, wave to the crowd and stand for pictures before proceeding into the church, then like clock work about 60 seconds later another limousine would arrive with another crown head who would go through the same steps. Grand Duke Henri arrived [and a live band started playing the National Anthem]. He arrived with a maternal aunt of Stephanie [standing in place of the deceased mother]. I thought that it was great how they arranged to put this aunt in the place of the mother. Then Maria Teresa [who looked beautiful in a red ensemble] arrived with the groom to the delights of the crowd. Finally, Countess Stephanie arrived with her eldest brother [Stephanie's 91 year old father is too fragile to walk, so he waited inside the cathedral]. Inside the church, 1400 guests were already seated. The church was decorated with little white flowers [I don't know what kind], and there were live orchestras and choruses all over. On a side note, I was fascinated by the austerity of Luxembourg Cathedral. Despite Lux being a catholic country, the inside of the church was more Protestant than anything else. It didn't have all of the saints and crucifixes that one often sees in Catholic churches.

The services were at times in Lëtzebuergesch, at other times in French and even some English was spoken. For instance, Prince Felix spoke a few words in English. The wedding went without a hitch. Not one mistake. The flower children looked beautiful, dressed in blue and orange. The commentator said something [my French is not that good] about the shade of the orange of Luxembourg being slightly different than the shade of the orange of the Netherlands. Anyway, Guillaume's oldest nephew was one of the children. I presume that the others were from the Lannoy side.

As for Stephanie, she looked radiant. The commentators mentioned how long her train was. And it was long.

All it all, it was in my opinion a beautiful and successful wedding. The people of Luxembourg have a lot to be proud of! They were well represented by their monarchs! What a class act!
Old 10-20-2012, 12:32 PM
Aristocracy

Guillaume and Stephanie:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-FpJd4ROSw4...an+Aschman.jpg

picture from http://lux-arazzi.blogspot.com/
Old 10-20-2012, 12:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
OMG! What is this red nightmare GD MT is wearing! Like a sausage in luxurious Christmas gift wrap.
Being insulting adds absolutely nothing to this thread.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:51 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
Being insulting adds absolutely nothing to this thread.
MT looked horrible and the outfit made her look twice as big as she is. It's not harsh to express an opinion in whichever way the person sees fit.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:01 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
MT looked horrible and the outfit made her look twice as big as she is. It's not harsh to express an opinion in whichever way the person sees fit.
One can express an opinion without being such vitriolic. I know it's kind of a sport over there...
Old 10-20-2012, 01:03 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
over there...
Over where exactly? If you mean the UK, this discussion could get a lot worse.

I say again, everyone can express their opinion how they like.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:04 PM
Courtier

I cried when I saw her great her father. Very emotional and beautiful.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:07 PM
Aristocracy

The Royal Wedding in Luxembourg, the House of Lannoy and Changing Trends in Royal Marriages

The Royal Wedding in Luxembourg, the House of Lannoy and Changing Trends in Royal Marriage | Carolyn Harris: Royal Historian
Old 10-20-2012, 01:08 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
The service was well done. The bride was absolutely exquisite. A beautiful dress and she looked great in it. The part with her father was so touching. What emotions she must be feeling on this day. As she goes off into a new direction in her life, she must be thinking about her mother as well. So sad. It was a real tearjerker for sure. I was able to watch it online which was nice. I did do a couple of caps from the live feed. I edited them a little:

http://img125.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_592lo.jpg

http://img284.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_170lo.jpg

http://img245.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_233lo.jpg
Old 10-20-2012, 01:09 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Over where exactly? If you mean the UK, this discussion could get a lot worse.

I say again, everyone can express their opinion how they liked.
Oh i agree with you...
Everyone can express an opinion but to compare the Grande Duchesse with some kind of sausage is not the most elegant thing to do ...(imho of course)
Old 10-20-2012, 01:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

It was a lovely event. I liked the bride and groom who were wonderfully regal. I even thought most of the guests made a good stab at their event wear today. That said I have two comments.

The older bridesmaids: it is a sign of true love when you will wear something like these pale peach frocks for your bride. Just look at those two in the background. Wrinkled, lumpy and wan (I am referring to the gowns BTW).
http://www.wort.lu/img/040216dd0c1e3...bc16b45f87.jpg

And as to the little attendants. My gosh, yes they were cute. And they will be able to wear their outfits again for Halloween.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:13 PM
Royal Highness

any wedding royal cake photos?
Old 10-20-2012, 01:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

What language was the wedding officiated in? French?
Old 10-20-2012, 01:18 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUEENECE29 View Post
any wedding royal cake photos?
Not yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
What language was the wedding officiated in? French?
I didn't listen to it myself but it was apparently a mix of French, English and Luxembourgish.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks Lumutqueen:)
I'll definitely watch it if there's some parts in English.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

I just was able to see the car that brought the bride all decorated, outlined in flowers! Have never seen anything like that before.
From what video I have been able to see, the ceremony was beautifully done. From the Aunt with/Grand Duke, to lovely attendants costumes reflecting the country's history and culture, to the very touching moments remembering the brides mother. Her moments with her father were also very touching.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:25 PM
Nobility

on the wedding in Luxembourg
http://royalwatcher.tumblr.com/image/33953147390

Tags
church, countess, guillaume, hereditary grand duke, lannoy, luxembourg, prince, religious, royal wedding, stephanie, wedding