The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-01-2012, 08:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, she was truly, beautiful.

Old 11-03-2012, 08:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Here is the sketch of her dress. Absolutely stunning.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:16 PM
Serene Highness

I saw the comments of how lovely she looked in the plum colored dress on the morning of the civil wedding, but that the shoes were not so good. Agreed! The plum colored dress was the best one she has worn, in my view, but the shoes are dangerous. Why do women want to be so tall? She is taller than Guillaume in these shoes. On another thread, someone was commenting about Princess Anne of England looking dorky in her outfit at two weddings, at which she wore lower heeled shoes, as she always does these days. I thought Anne looked fine and her shoes were fine--not glamorous shoes but graceful.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:20 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel1 View Post
On another thread, someone was commenting about Princess Anne of England looking dorky in her outfit at two weddings, at which she wore lower heeled shoes, as she always does these days. I thought Anne looked fine and her shoes were fine--not glamorous shoes but graceful.
Anne is more than 30 years older than Stéphanie, and platform shoes is popular among the younger generation of today, it's understandable that Stéphanie wants to wear shoes as other women of her age do, and not something more suitable for someone of an older generation. There have been many comments here about Stéphanie dressing in a way that makes her look older than she is, and now when she wears shoes like those many of her contemporaries wear, then there are complaints about that too.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:25 PM
Serene Highness

Meraude, I have not complained about the look of the very high heel or platform shoes. They are glamorous. However, they are not very good for feet. And can even be dangerous if worn on uneven ground, like cobblestones in medieval areas. I would suggest 2 l/2 or 3 inch heels. I have liked all of Stephanie's clothing except the dress she wore to the baptism of Estelle. They did not look matronly to me--just pretty and dignified. The plum dress was the best because it flattered her figure type and skin type. Perfect!
Old 11-04-2012, 12:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Here is the sketch of her dress. Absolutely stunning.
Stunning is the word. Elie Saab outdid himself...I am just noticing that the veil and dress are embroidered with autumn leaves...perfect!

Is Princess Stephanie's the first Royal bridal gown he has designed?
Old 11-04-2012, 12:43 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Is Princess Stephanie's the first Royal bridal gown he has designed?
It sure is and he did an amazing job with his first royal wedding gown.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:46 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel1 View Post
Why do women want to be so tall? She is taller than Guillaume in these shoes.
Why shouldn't she wear those shoes? If she wants to, she should feel free to wear high heels even if it made her look as tall or taller than Guillaume. I don't see a reason for women to comply with societal standard that a woman should be shorter than a man.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:40 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel1
I saw the comments of how lovely she looked in the plum colored dress on the morning of the civil wedding, but that the shoes were not so good. Agreed! The plum colored dress was the best one she has worn, in my view, but the shoes are dangerous. Why do women want to be so tall? She is taller than Guillaume in these shoes.
OMG. Is this going to be a topic of every one of your posts? I agree with you, many others agree with you, but i fear this complaint is like howling at the wind.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Don't get the hype, it is a pretty gown but not the best; Mette Marit and others had better gowns than her. The bottom and train are the best parts, but the top leaves something to be desired, I will say she has had the best train I have seen since Maxima and Mette Marit.
The sketches on the other hand are fantastic, really breathtaking. I wonder why sketches always looks 10x better than the actual dress. Not saying the dress isn't pretty it definitely is; but the sketch is phenomenal.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 02-10-2013, 08:00 AM

I'm searching the menu of wedding day , I saw a few lines from Lea Linster about traditional delicacies , but nothing more
Old 02-11-2013, 04:28 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
The sketches on the other hand are fantastic, really breathtaking. I wonder why sketches always looks 10x better than the actual dress. Not saying the dress isn't pretty it definitely is; but the sketch is phenomenal.
Probably because all the detailed work of beads, lace and so on can be seen better in a sketch than on tv and photos, especially as all the exquisite detailed work that's done disappears as it is in white-on-white. If you look at Grace Kelly's wedding dress you will see that the dress had a very pale greyish tint which made the lace so much more noticeable than if it had been pure white, even in black-and-white photos.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Stephanie was a phenomenal bride overall. She is tied with Maxima for Most Beautiful Royal Bride, second only to Grace Kelly imo.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:10 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noprt View Post
I'm searching the menu of wedding day , I saw a few lines from Lea Linster about traditional delicacies , but nothing more
Luxembourg: The Gala Dinner Menu
Old 06-09-2013, 11:07 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Don't get the hype, it is a pretty gown but not the best; Mette Marit and others had better gowns than her. The bottom and train are the best parts, but the top leaves something to be desired, I will say she has had the best train I have seen since Maxima and Mette Marit.
Mette-Marit had a better gown than Stéphanie? I wholeheartedly disagree. Mette-Marit's gown was way too simple for me. For her (and probably also considering her background) it was a good gown, but not what I expect from a bride and I didn't like the design either. Too narrow in some parts.

Stéphanie's gown was the absolute best - it had been years since I had seen such a beautiful gown and with so much detailing. I am still in awe of it.
Old 06-15-2013, 02:38 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post

Mette-Marit had a better gown than Stéphanie? I wholeheartedly disagree. Mette-Marit's gown was way too simple for me. For her (and probably also considering her background) it was a good gown, but not what I expect from a bride and I didn't like the design either. Too narrow in some parts.

Stéphanie's gown was the absolute best - it had been years since I had seen such a beautiful gown and with so much detailing. I am still in awe of it.
Couldn't agree more!

I have loved it since the wedding (didn't watch it initially) from the photos I had seen, and had it up there at number two with Maxima's for my favorite dresses. Now that I have seen her dress (watched the wedding for the first time on YouTube) live and moving rather than still like I did Maxima's, I have to say, I have changed or am changing my opinion on my number one spot!

Elie Saab was a miracle worker! She was an angel and wore this gown beautifully.

Perfect from head to toe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Stephanie was a phenomenal bride overall. She is tied with Maxima for Most Beautiful Royal Bride, second only to Grace Kelly imo.
For the longest time I thought that Grace would be iconic forever in the bridal department and that she would be everyone's number one (including my own) forever. But, I am slowly seeing beautiful brides like Maxima, and especially Stephanie who are paving their own way and becoming what one would also consider an iconic bride as well.

That may not have made any sense!

I guess what I am trying to say is... It's hard to look at brides like Stephanie, Maxima and even Grace's daughter-in-law Charlene and not think they too can or will be looked at as bridal icons some day in the future in one way or another.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:42 AM
Gentry

I really love Stephanie's wedding dress, it was so beautiful and elegant.... One of my fave royal wedding dress
Old 07-02-2013, 03:03 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by biru View Post
I really love Stephanie's wedding dress, it was so beautiful and elegant.... One of my fave royal wedding dress
If you have yet to get a flips of the dress live (on YouTube or another media outlet), you really should! It's stunning in action -so to speak!

I had Maxima as my favorite gown ever since she married, and I had since changed that. Stephanie's dress is just breathtaking!

Maxima's obviously is still one of my favorites, but it has officially dropped to the number two spot.

Such a beautiful dress, such a stunning bride!
Old 08-10-2013, 12:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post

Mette-Marit's gown was elegant and extremely simple. Considering her rather complicated past and the fact that she came to the altar as a single mother it was very wise of her and her designer to forego the whole "fantasy princess" route.

Countess Stephanie de Lannoy, and therefore her bridal gown, were a completely different story. Saab went for Belle Epoque, over-the-top bridal splendor and I think he succeeded fantastically. It exceeded my wildest dreams for Stephanie who I was convinced would walk up the aisle in a plain Natan coat/dress. I suspect Grand Duchess Maria-Theresa got involved here, and thank goodness she did because Stephanie's dress is one of my top three all time favorite Royal wedding dresses. It's almost a year after the wedding, and I still love to stare at it!

Some people complained about the color, but that is one of the things I loved most about it. This is a girl everyone expected to wear pure white, but she chose a silvery/oyster/pearl shade that someone else compared to moonlight. It shimmered and moved beautifully. If it looked that spectacular on TV I can only imagine how it looked in person!

Here is a link to a dress that looks very similar to Stephanie's, especially from the back.

Pronovias presents the Folie wedding dress. Elie by Elie Saab 2013. | Pronovias
Old 08-10-2013, 12:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Stephanie's dress was gorgeous! Her dress is #1 for me, followed Maxima's & MM (no order here).

Tags
countess, countess stéphanie, dress, guillaume, hereditary grand duke, lannoy, luxembourg, prince, stephanie, wedding, wedding dress