Countess Stéphanie's Wedding Dresses (Civil and Church)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Simply stunning! This was a gown made for a princess and a woman born to be one!

Best wedding dress in a long time. It encapsulates regal and fairytale with demure elegance in one dress. Well done Elie Saab.

i really like the wedding dress, its so fairytail like, Elie Saab cant go wrong!
but i agree with those who said the dress was similiar to the gala dress and the tiara could be a bit more closer. other than that, i was without words!

i really LOVE her bouquet, so pretty!!!!!! and i cant wait to see her shoes^^

I am also in the agreement that Stephanie's wedding dress is one of the - or even THE - most beautiful royal wedding gown ever. I am a sucker for Elie Saab, but you cannot go wrong with him.

Take a back seat Catherine and Mette-Marit!

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but it is sad to know that Stephanie's wedding gown won't get the attention it deserves, at least in America. Few had ever heard of Luxembourg, so why bother? It's a shame because the media here will still praise Catherine's dress - which I have been increasingly seeing as a copy of Grace Kelly's.

OK, enough of me being negative. That dress was beautiful! I look forward to seeing Stephanie's style in the coming years! Maybe she'll finally put Luxembourg on the map!

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: The Luxembourg Royal Wedding: The Bride and Bridal Party

I LOVE the dress! This is now a favorite! The details of the dress are absolutely exquisite. It's beautiful in detail and movement. The dip in the back, the embroidery on her veil, that wonderful train, the fabric, the details, all make it into a fairy tale wedding dress. Love that she wore her family tiara. Elie Saab did a great job. It's regal, elegant, unique, romantic, and simply an amazing wedding dress!

Last edited:
Fantastic picture of the veil and hair; http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/10/20/article-2220578-1597CCAE000005DC-209_964x1245.jpg

Other wonderful pictures in the DM article, Prince Guillaume marries Countess Stephanie de Lannoy in Luxembourg | Mail Online

Cannot stress enough how much I want this to be my wedding dress.

Am I correct in assuming Stéphanie wore her mothers ring on the white-gold necklace ?? Couldn't make it out properly.

She wore her mothers engagement ring on her third finger on her left hand. Wore her engagement ring on her ring finger on her right hand.

Last edited:
It´s Elie Saab, nothing more to say. I love each piece of the dress. I was quite surprised to see such a low cut in the back for a catholic wedding, but it looked amazing, indeed.
I think I would have apreciate it more if it wasn´t so similar to the gown from yesterday, but the more I see of it, the more I like it.

What an enchanting gown! It's gorgeous, and the embroidery is beautiful.....like autumnal leaves cascading and sweeping down on the breeze.

I wish Stephanie's gown would get more international attention like Kate's. IMHO, Stephanie's dress outshines Kate's. It was every bit the dress I imagined it would be for a royal wedding. So beautiful and elegant. Loved her hair, veil and the Lannoy tiara didn't disappoint.

Was the veil her mother's?

The dress is superb. The way it hugs the body and really doesn't flare until about the knees but is not as severe as a fishtail.
I just wish the tiara and veil were placed further up, would have been a much prettier effect.
Not impressed with the bouquet, unless it had something to do with her mother. White against the cream wasn't good.

I loved the dress - it got everything right - elegance, beauty, scale, glitz, style.

Two things though - length of veil and width of train.

The veil should not overwhelm the dress or the bride. It should be enough to add to the overall effect and be in balance. I thought the veil was just too long, tugged at her head and looked overdone. It was lovely - but overly long for the dress and for her. The veil wore her rather than the other way around.

The train was also great - except that it was wider than the aisle was. Until they got to the steps - the width added nothing (except weight) and once at the steps all I could think was that it was a floor duster. If you make something big because big (in this case WIDE) delivers an appropriate scale to the bride and the venue, that's one thing. But to make something big because you can - even when it is too large for the aisle in the venue - that's just silly. :whistling:

Which is not to say that she was not beautiful. The dress was perfect for her! Best to the happy couple. :flowers:

The dress is by far one the most beautiful royal wedding dress IMO.

Kit, she wore her mother's engagement ring on her left hand, third finger, next to her own gold wedding ring put on by Guillaume. She wore her own Art Deco engagement ring on the right hand. Her mother's ring was lovely, I would say more beautiful than her own, very simple but with a large diamond.
Thanks, Lumutqueen for the after-wedding pictures from DM. I watched the whole wedding starting at 2:30 AM until 5:30 AM, and then I went to bed, so I didn't see them on the balcony until I got your pictures.

The dress is lovely! It's so elegant, had presence and looked gorgeous going up the aisle. Such a winner!! Congrats to the happy couple!

Stephanie's engagement, wedding dress is very elegant and beautiful. Wedding dress is very noble, beautiful and very becoming. Stephanie extremely adaptable, elegant and positive. Today I saw a great ceremony and a wonderful bride.

She really looked beautiful IMO everything was just perfect I loved her hair up the tiara is so cute and fabulous at the same time. Love it all..

All I can say is that Stephanie has been exquisite all weekend long. Not a stitch or foot wrong. The dress last night was beautiful, followed by an even more stunning wedding gown. I adore this gown and she was born to wear it. Great job Elie Saab, and great job Stephanie. Everything was perfection for me.

I also think that Stephanie did really well with her wedding outfits.

The Chanel for the civil ceremony was stylish and classic. I just think she should have left her handbag at home and just taken a little bouquet with her.
She repeated it for the firework and concert.

The Elie Saab at the gala was really beautiful, especially the back. The soft green colour goes well with Stephanie's fair skin.

Her church wedding dress was perfection. I love the soft white/grey colour. When the bridesmaids lifted the train it look like it was embroided with leaves, perfect for an autumn wedding. And I really like her haido with the family tiara and how her veil was attached in the hairtwist. The dress seemed heavy though or sticking to the red carpet, at times it seemed she had to pull really hard.

Her bridal party looked really cute. Little Gabriel clearly was the leader of the gang.
Of the bridesmaids dresses I think that Antonia had a nice dress but Alexandra's dress seemed to accentuate all the wrong parts, she looked matronely.

Last edited:
Her shoes from the civil wedding are from Chanel. She wears a size 37.

chanelshoes.jpg

Photo cropped heavily.

I am also trying to figure out what happened to her tiara in this HQ photo:

http://cdn01.cdn.socialitelife.com/...12/10/20/7da3cd429270ea8e8f5a34034ae9e20e.jpg

There are several other pictures where her tiara flipped up. It was fine before she entered the church.

Last edited:
I wish Stephanie's gown would get more international attention like Kate's. IMHO, Stephanie's dress outshines Kate's. It was every bit the dress I imagined it would be for a royal wedding. So beautiful and elegant. Loved her hair, veil and the Lannoy tiara didn't disappoint.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see it mentioned in American Vogue magazine. I would actually take Kate's dress over Stephanie's.

I'll be over here in the Not-a-Saab-fan Corner.:whistling:

Does anyone know what the guests did after the wedding?
The reception was the night before.
They would have some kind of lunch would they not?

The wedding gown is absolutely exquisite and I just can't stress enough how much I love it. It's pretty much the wedding gown of my dreams!

Stephanie looked fantastic - the gown, the hair, the veil, the tiara, they all can be described by one single word: perfect.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see it mentioned in American Vogue magazine. I would actually take Kate's dress over Stephanie's.

I'll be over here in the Not-a-Saab-fan Corner.:whistling:

I would too.

Although, I do like Stephanie's dress. It's just that my personal taste prefers Kate's dress.

Okay. I think Stephanie looked stunning. I also love Elie.Saab. However, i am not pleased that elie saab has a 'look' and it was worn by so many. Its the fabric for crying out loud. Why why. Marie chantal, Stephanie and Maria Teresa were all wearing that distinctive fabric elie saab patterness(you know what I mean). So today as gorgerous as Stephanie looked its like I saw the dress already. Furthermore her dress was on the runway in a very similar form for Elie Saab's wedding collection.

Im just upset. At elie saab not Stephanie of course. Uurrggghh. Why dress sooo many and in such a similar way?

She just looked so good. But Im still annoyed. I wanna facepalm elie saab. Okay Im done.

I thought she looked absolutely lovely in the dress. I do wish that her veil was up a little higher. Her tiara just seems to be thrown up on her head.

Okay. I think Stephanie looked stunning. I also love Elie.Saab. However, i am not pleased that elie saab has a 'look' and it was worn by so many. Its the fabric for crying out loud. Why why. Marie chantal, Stephanie and Maria Teresa were all wearing that distinctive fabric elie saab patterness(you know what I mean). So today as gorgerous as Stephanie looked its like I saw the dress already. Furthermore her dress was on the runway in a very similar form for Elie Saab's wedding collection.

Im just upset. At elie saab not Stephanie of course. Uurrggghh. Why dress sooo many and in such a similar way?

I agree about Saab and that is probably one of the reasons why I like the dress but not on her. I would have preferred something more unique for her. I do not like how her pins keep coming out of her hair.

Back
Top Bottom