Countess Stéphanie's Wedding Dresses (Civil and Church)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Her hair! Her hair! Her hair!!! :ohmy:

Seriously, she was pitch perfect today. Yeah, sure the skirt of her elegant Chanel suit didn't fit as well as it could have, and I think she should have chosen different shoes for the wine colored suit. But I quibble..if anyone had told me that she would wear Chanel to her civil wedding a few months ago I would not have believed him/her.

In the evening, she looked dazzling in bluish gray Elie Saab evening gown, elegant chignon and tiara. Do I wish her gown had not looked so similar to the ones being worn by Princess Pavlos and GD Maria-Teresa?? Yes..but again the fact that she was wearing Elie Saab sent me straight into orbit..I was not expecting it at all and I was thrilled!!:ROFLMAO:

She looked as beautiful today as I have ever seen her look. :whistling: I can hardly wait until tomorrow!

And if she ever decides the Princess racket is not for her, she should get a job doing hair commercials...such gorgeous hair!!:p

Last edited:
4Pam said:
I thought the dress was purple... She looked great in both outfits!

It was not brown at all a purple or as others have said a wine color. I have said it before and will again who cares what all the others thought she loved her look. Funny thing is the shoes look a lot like what I see on the younger generation today. I thought she knocked it out of the ballpark. A side note I loved the idea of her being HRH the Princess of Luxembourg today following the civil ceremony and the Hereditary Grand Duchess following the religious ceremony.

I liked all three outfits of Stéphanie on Friday, and the fact that she wore her hair differently at each occasion. The plum colour suits her and the Chanel was perfect for the wedding ceremony. The evening gown was very nice, especially in the back, even if I would have preferred to see her in a stronger colour. It was lovely to see her wearing a tiara, and she seems to be interested in trying out different hairstyles, and it will be interesting to see how she wears her hair at the religious ceremony.

Moonmaiden23 said:
Her hair! Her hair! Her hair!!! :ohmy:
Do I wish her gown had not looked so similar to the ones being worn by Princess Pavlos and GD Maria-Teresa?? :p

Agree! The 3 ladies wore same version in slightly different colors! And as far as i agree that MC bought her dress in London (so nobody is guilty) but Elie Saab Luxembourg (or Brussels) should NOT sell the same dress to the mother in law AND the bride! The knew for which occasion they were selling these dresses! One of the purposes to wear Haute Couture is also NOT to see the same dress at every corner! It is not Zara!

Last edited:
Veil - very nice and possibly heirloom.
Tiara - beautiful !!!!

Dress: Elie Saab ??? Not my taste, but could have been worse ( Sophie of Prussia !).

The fitting is somehow suboptimal. The back- cut-out: OMG, the colour is a shade to grey/ silver and there's is a bit too much lace. But we saw worse.

Last edited:
Now i just saw the gala dresses.

It looks nearly like the wedding dress ( lace, cut out, and also her hair !!!). But the tiara was nicer.

How disapointing too see that. I think it's uninspired. Even if you're not so much into fashion, you can choose a little bit more effortly.

does anyone know the name of the tiara she's wearing?

The bride - Beautiful dress and I must say she wore it well. I love the simple puff in the dress. I also find it nice that they've used lace and embellishments in the dress.

She looks very pretty, but I'm not one to swoon just because it's E. Saab. I was hoping se would wear the family tiara though.

What a beautiful fairytale dress. Wish she'd worn the tiara/veil a little more forward, but a very lovely bride.

I think her wedding dress is a dream, absolutely stunning... however I think you need a much stronger personality than she has to pull something like this off. Also the tiara should be bigger for this kind of dress, it almost disappears between all her hair.
A beautiful bride nonetheless :flowers:

Her wedding and gala dress remind me why I love Elie Saab so much. Every woman wearing his designs look like a dream.
She has yet to put a foot wrong. (which surprises me tbh, considering her dress at the announcement of the engagement was so matronly)

Her wedding dress is definetly going in my top 5.

I also think Stephanie's niece (?) got the Pippa Middleton bridemaid dress,while Princess Alexandra got a much dowdier version.

I had very low expectations because I thought Natan would be the designer. Elie Saab is perfection and so is the wedding dress. Absolutely stunning, I couldnt have imagined a better choice. Splendid look but at the same time very understated.

The dress is even prettier when she's walking!

What a beautiful fairytale dress. Wish she'd worn the tiara/veil a little more forward, but a very lovely bride.

Agree. The tiara needed to be placed closer. On the other hand I am not sure about the dress. I can not decide if the embroidery is too much/old or is just pretty.

After having seen the photos with Stephanie during civil wedding, gala reception and today's one I can have only one comment- SHE'S WAS BORN TO BECOME A PRINCESS!

Stephanie looked gorgeous on all three days I love her wedding gown.

I think the dress is quite lovely.

(At first I thought it a bit too much, but considering her position, I think it's the right choice!)

Yes the dress is pure perfection... this is going straight to the best royal wedding gowns' list, BUT am I the only one finding it disturbing how much the wedding dress is identical to the one from the pre-wedding banquet?
I, for one, would have chosen a different designer for last night... not to mention that her mother in law was wearing a similar gown too.
Sorry, but this dress deserved no competition.

A beautiful dress for a beautiful bride! Elie Saabs' dress ticks all the boxes for a royal wedding dress! I don't know what it is with his gowns, but the secret seems to lie in the texture of the material and in the embroidery. What I've noticed so far is that his dresses appear relatively simple, but 'body conscious' in the design and let the fabric 'do the talking'!
As beautiful as his dresses are, they're not for the fuller figure.

Princess Stephanies dress is already fighting for place in my personal top 3 of royal wedding gowns!:)

viv

Last edited:
She looked truly beautiful.I do think the colour could have been a tiny bit brighter but otherwise perfection.Lovely back view as well.

It looked completely timeless as fairytale princess but not in a disney way

Have you guys seen THAT dress ???!!! Elie Saab rules. This is not just a dress, this is really haute couture. She looked soo beautiful in it words fail me right now. This is hands down one of the best royal wedding dresses I have ever seen.

Am I correct in assuming Stéphanie wore her mothers ring on the white-gold necklace ?? Couldn't make it out properly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom