The Opening Ceremony of the 2012 London Olympics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No idea how I'm going to do an eight hour shift after this tonight.
Ouch! You'd better drink a lot of coffee before living. :)
It's nearly 3AM here, but I'm at home tomorrow, so no worries for me. :p

Ukrainians are very enthusiastic.
Удачи! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
did he just say re poor countries competing that it is so great that we forget all the troubles of the world?

partly true but also stupid and insensitive, oh well

More than partly true. Huw Edwards has done nothing but mention diamonds, oil and money this evening when the 'rich' nations have appeared. It is remarkable that countries in financial trouble can pull together and send athletes to the Olympic Games. Not only the ones in the Eurozone but elsewhere in the world, there are countries whose wars have stopped with Olympic Truces so athletes can compete.

Hey there FLOTUS ;)
Ralph Lauren uniforms, better than what ours look like.

Sorry Americans, your team look like BA flight attendants.

Elizabeth Windsor@Queen_UK
Would this be a good moment to mention that one has a book out?

Stella McCartney designed our uniforms, did you expect anything else?

EIIR said:
The BBC executive who decided that Trevor Nelson should be part of the commentary team for this ceremony should be sacked forthwith. Hazel Irvine's bad enough, but Trevor Nelson?!

In Canada on CTV we have Brian Williams, whos's done the Olympics forever for the CBC and now for CTV, he's fine, but his co presenter Lisa Laflamme interrupts him way too much. It's annoying.

I wish Team Canada was better dressed. Wished it was Roots doing the outfits rather than HBC. We looked awesome in Nagano and we haven't looked as good since.

Sorry Team GB has to go parade about with gold armpits.

Last edited:
Lumutqueen said:
Better than the chavs in tracksuits from the UK we're about to see.

hated the hats... i prefer the cowboy hat look

Stella McCartney designed our uniforms, did you expect anything else?

I didn't know she designed these ones as well.

think so too, not the best dressed, who designed it

Indians looked good

Ralph Lauren designed and a fantastic job he did as well! Only ones more elegant were the Danes.

Here come the Hero's.
I'm shuddering at those tracksuits, and The Queen is picking her finger nails!!

Britain. :clap:
The uniforms doesn't look too bad, girls. Heroes - pretty appropriate.

looking like beamed straight from the moon haha

haha the comments are so exaggerated. the queen did not exactly look "proud" while looking at her fingernails nor did cameron look enthusiastic while clapping along the rhythm

I'm sorry, all british friends here, but these outfits of your team are quite awful.

:britflag: Princess Anne is so proud and so happy :rose: :britflag: :heart1::britflag:

Last edited:
Huw Edwards says The Queen and Prince Philip are 'surveying' as they stare at the floor.

I'm sorry, all the british friends here, but these outfits of your team are quite awful.

Yeah, I don't know what the design team were thinking. Not a flattering ensemble at all.

The Opening Ceremony, although a right spectacle in regards to production, has been a bit of an anti climax. There was a load of expectation placed on the opening and to be honest, I think overall it has failed to reach, let alone surpass, it's own expectation.

Last edited:
Is it me or Prince Philip looked like he had dozed off? :lol:

Just now for few seconds, when the camera zoon in to HM, she's looking at her hand.

Feel sorry for the cleaners who have to clean up the stadium later though.

We all have to remember, the Queen and DoE have seen this all before. I think they'd both rather be at home in bed.

Magnificent fireworks display.
But why, why Arctic Monkeys?

Arctic Monkeys are so 2007.

And Sir Paul McCartney is doing the closing ceremony, mistake Mr Boyle?
Come Together should be left alone, and they should get off the stage.

Back
Top Bottom