The Opening Ceremony of the 2012 London Olympics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just now thought about this but we'll be seeing Zara walk out with GB right?

Yes, what was he doing there? :ermm: Do you remember what country he was from?

He was waving when the German team came out, which was why I though it was unfortunate.

Erm, someone explain why there is The People's Republic of China and Hong Kong , China? :ermm::whistling:

President of Iceland looks like Santa to me. I love the "Olympic Team".

SamCam sat next to Prince Philip, thought it would be someone else.

I was just thinking that too!

What happened to Great Britain and Northern Ireland? Did I blink and miss them or are they going to be last?

As hosts, we have the honour of entering the stadium last!

Just now thought about this but we'll be seeing Zara walk out with GB right?

Possibly not, I believe she is due to compete tomorrow.

The people who are carrying the "names" of countries on stick, their dresses have faces on?

Lumutqueen said:
He was waving when the German team came out, which was why I though it was unfortunate.

Erm, someone explain why there is The People's Republic of China and Hong Kong , China? :ermm::whistling:

President of Iceland looks like Santa to me. I love the "Olympic Team".

SamCam sat next to Prince Philip, thought it would be someone else.

Hong Kong is a Special Administrative Region of The People's Republic of China and used to be a colony of Britain till 1997.

Still got to tell us he's Number One.

We're wearing white and gold? Two ruined outfits then. Team GB entering at around midnight.

Last edited:
Italians in Giorgio Armani :D

Yes, 'Re' Giorgio as my Italian friends call him :p
That poor sole Italian flag that was left on the ground near everyone's entrance :sad:

The Australian athletes are already sitting down for the rest of the intros HAHA

Prince Charles@Charles_HRH
Good news: only another 83 countries to go

Put the iPhone in the pocket, don't turn the camera off quick I want to wave! ;)

The BBC executive who decided that Trevor Nelson should be part of the commentary team for this ceremony should be sacked forthwith. Hazel Irvine's bad enough, but Trevor Nelson?!

The BBC executive who decided that Trevor Nelson should be part of the commentary team for this ceremony should be sacked forthwith. Hazel Irvine's bad enough, but Trevor Nelson?!

Mentioning his sisters did it for me.

Oh the faces on the namebearers dresses are people who auditioned for those roles.

Is that Spanish flagbearer on stilts?

Last edited by a moderator:
@London2012
Each competing delegation received a copper petal – inscribed with the name of their country & ‘XXX Olympiad London 2012’.
The children parading with the flag bearers are carrying those petals, which will feature in a sequence later.

Last edited:
Lumutqueen said:
Is that Spanish flagbearer on stilts?

no that is Pau Gasol - Basketball player - he plays for the LA Lakers in the NBA

Oh, Sweden, ugly stripes.

No idea how I'm going to do an eight hour shift after this tonight.

Pau Gasol's height is 7' ¼" (214 cm).

did he just say re poor countries competing that it is so great that we forget all the troubles of the world?

partly true but also stupid and insensitive, oh well

Back
Top Bottom