The Opening Ceremony of the 2012 London Olympics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are the VIPs seated in alphabetical order of such perhaps? I swear I just saw the canadian representatives shake hands with the chinese.

Usain Bolt chewing gum and looking arrogant as ever.

Latest from The Queen

Elizabeth Windsor ‏@Queen_UK
Jesus, have China brought EVERYONE with them? #olympicceremony

And as for the corgi's;

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail
Palace sources tell me the two corgis featured in Olympic film were the Queen's-Monty,13, who used to belong to the Queen Mum and Holly, 9

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Charles@Charles_HRH
Ok, very funny. Who invited all these countries

:flowers:

The Czechs are wearing wellies. Good on them!

Lumutqueen said:
Latest from The Queen

And as for the corgi's;

HM probably agreed to do it just so the corgis could get their moment at the olympics - proud mom.

The right flag for North Korea!

I love all the "Royal" tweets. What I also love is the competitors coming in and taking photographs on their phones.

I am looking forward to Great Britain as a friend from my primary school days is in the rowing team.

I love all the "Royal" tweets. What I also love is the competitors coming in and taking photographs on their phones.

I am looking forward to Great Britain as a friend from my primary school days is in the rowing team.

Is it one of the Chambers or Alan Campbell? I think we might be from the same part of the world.

Now Finland! Our president, his wife and they showed also Saku Koivu, the member of IOC Athletes' Commission.

what is the criteria for the music? british artists? its fun - but a bit dstracting

what is the criteria for the music? british artists? its fun - but a bit dstracting

Why distracting? It's background. Tonights all about the UK so I guess so.

It sounds like a joke but it's actually "The Democratic Republic of Korea". Not that you'd ever imagine it to be particularly democratic.

It's like Macedonia is with the F's because it is Former. :ROFLMAO:

It was nice seeing QMII and Prince Henrik, QMII in particular looked very thrilled.

What big teams from France and Germany.

The music is British and has a fast beat. The parade of athletes tends to run way over time (they understandably want to savour their moment in the limelight), so the organisers hope that if they play high tempo music it'll make everyone keep to the schedule.

A slight unfortunate wave for one official there.

Lumutqueen said:
Why distracting? It's background. Tonights all about the UK so I guess so.

It's like Macedonia is with the F's because it is Former. :ROFLMAO:

bee gees has been o for a while .... but for a while there, they were jumping songs every minute. letting it run is better. its fun I just find myself paying more attention to the music

Charles and Camilla with a case of the giggles!

Nice shot of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and now Charles and Camilla having a laugh.

I'm good a geography, but I have definitely not heard of some of these countries.

I'm good a geography, but I have definitely not heard of some of these countries.

I was just thinking that too!

What happened to Great Britain and Northern Ireland? Did I blink and miss them or are they going to be last?

Prince Charles@Charles_HRH Camilla just slapped Mr Cameron round the head. Didn't have a clue who it was. Hilarious. #olympicceremony
Obviously why they were giggling! Haha.

Back
Top Bottom