The Opening Ceremony of the 2012 London Olympics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love the music, don't get me wrong but I'm again with the why?! I missed the best bit when The Queen arrived!

Did I just miss music people?! Help me out spent 30 minutes picking up my father.

London Symphonic Orchestra conducted by Simon Rattle played Chariots of Fire, they had messed Mr Bean into it.

I've missed the Queen's moment. :eek:

I hope to find a video tomorrow... :bang:

Seriously! Facebook, Social Networking, Texting? This is surreal. Poor Philip.

Poor Amy Winehouse. Love a bit of Muse.

It is quite nice to see Tim.

Is it me, or is anyone else a bit annoyed that the announcements come in French then English?

The best part in the last couple of minutes was Muse's Uprising.
But seriously, this is definitely not the best part of the show.
Nice tribute to Sir Tim Berners-Lee.

Overall, not sorry for this segment's end.

There's always some element of an Opening ceremony that fails to inspire. For me, it's what one expected to see.

Sydney is said to have been the greatest Olympic opening ceremony/olympics of all time. The latter is yet to be determined, but as far as opening cermeony's go I think Sydney will keep that mantle.

Though I was very impressed with Beijing. The militaristic precision of that production was quite awe inspiring.

Last edited:
The only bit I'm waiting for is the torch lighting, Roger all the way!

A nice nod to Sir Tim Berners Lee there as we all sit online chatting about this ceremony! Without Sir Tim we wouldn't be doing that!

I love seeing that proposal on the telly, so sweet!

David Beckham with the torch. Please no, please no.

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks good, David Beckham with the torch. A nice thank you for him for his efforts to get the Olympics to London.

How cool does David Beckham look on that speedboat?

I'm confused, who are these people being shown? Who is the memorial wall for?

EDIT: A reminder of the 7/7 bombings.

Singer Emelie Sande I think.

A really lovely tribute to victims of July 7 bombings.
I was in Paris at the time and, if I'm not mistaken, it happened the day after London was announced as host of 2012 Olympic Games, so it's a fitting tribute.

Singer Emelie Sande I think.
It's indeed Emili Sand, singing "Abide With Me".

The hosts of the finnish TV said before David Beckham came along about who will light the fire, that there has been talk about the names Steve Redgrave, Roger Bannister, David Beckham and so on. But that they will be along tonight, but they will possibly not light the fire, but that the fire will be lit in a special way...

I was in Paris at the time and, if I'm not mistaken, it happened the day after London was announced as host of 2012 Olympic Games, so it's a fitting tribute.

You are not mistaken. I was confused until the commentator explained what it meant.

Yes, it did happen the day after.

What a lovely tribute to the victims.

I wish I could see this now... Unfortunately I'll have to wait with the rest of the US and watch it tonight! Enjoy everyone!!!

If David Beckham lights to torch, I think i'll give up hope. Delivering it is enough.

I wish I could see this now... Unfortunately I'll have to wait with the rest of the US and watch it tonight! Enjoy everyone!!!

There are ways you can watch it now, on the first page EIIR posted a link. That is if you wish. :flowers:

Athletes time! This should be good.

If David Beckham lights to torch, I think i'll give up hope. Delivering it is enough.

I will join you.

We all know he is just waiting for his Knighthood. God, the day we have to say Lady Beckham....

Anyway, back on topic, that was beautiful. Emeli's voice is stunning, I love her hair.

Woohoo, athletes.

Finally the athletes! I have been waiting for them so long.

Anyone think it's weird to see athletes taking pictures?

This petal thing intrigues me.

It's not Beckham; according to all reports, Beckham will deliver the torch to the stadium but he's definitely not lighting it.

Back
Top Bottom