The Opening Ceremony of the 2012 London Olympics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought for a split second that the Queen was going to parachute in. I panicked!

The Queen and James Bond, not a good combination at all. The only good thing in it was that the Queen didn't come out of the helicopter.
This was a totally unnecessary thing at the opening ceremony.

Completely agree, that IMO was tacky. Those should have been two separate parts of the game. The arrival of The Queen should not be laughed at.

Bit too much for me, I get James Bond but using The Queen's image like that doesn't seem right.

Archbishop of Canterbury sat there, interesting.

You seem to be a particularly tough critic, judging by the majority of your posts.

Not what I would have ever expected, but for a younger generation of which there are millions, what an entrance for their Queen. If there should ever be an occasion for the Queen to agree to such a performance, then surely this is it.

No doubt her family had a good chuckle with her about it.

Last edited:
The Queen and James Bond, not a good combination at all. The only good thing in it was that the Queen didn't come out of the helicopter.
This was a totally unnecessary thing at the opening ceremony and didn't suit to my image about the Queen at all.

well, to me it looked like she was jumping in the video? ^^

well, to me it looked like she was jumping in the video? ^^

I meant that the helicopter didn't land at the stadium. The helicopter and right after it the national anthem, I don't like it at all.

Must be thrilling for the children from Great Ormond Hospital to participate in the opening.

Last edited:
Everyone in my house was laughing and clapping at the bit with the Queen. Lighten up, does anyone seriously think that the Queen would've taken part if she wasn't comfortable with it?

:previous:
Same here - everyone loved that bit. :)
My mother thought she actually jumped. She looked shocked and asked "How old is she again"? I told her the Queen always arrives like that. :D

EIIR said:
Everyone in my house was laughing and clapping at the bit with the Queen. Lighten up, does anyone seriously think that the Queen would've taken part if she wasn't comfortable with it?

im sure she ran it by the family... esp the grand kids. it seems very Harry. it was fun.

Great Ormond Street, what a wonderful hospital and charity. So lovely of them to include the children.

J.K. Rowling reading excerpts from Peter Pan! :D
I'm guessing there is going to be some Peter Pan activity now.

Last edited:

I agree. No one man handles the Queen or makes decisions for her, of which she is directly involved.

So far amazing , phenomenal ♫♫♫ :)

Madame Royale said:
I agree. No one man handles the Queen or makes decisions for her, of which she is directly involved.

Yes, i was happy to see HM's beloved corgis been part of the show in Olympic - I like that they plan a special entry for HM. For a moment, I thought she will land in that helicopter!! Only thing is that she seems very serious, how nice if she could really smile when she came in.

Just imagine HM have to dress up in the same dress and the head dress for the video shoot!!

I found it funny too:lol::lol:
I think her majesty has great sense of humour

The Child Catcher, he used to give me nightmares as a child.

The Child Catcher, he used to give me nightmares as a child.
Me too. He was the only film character I was really afraid of in childhood.
The London Symphony Orchestra are performing the 'Chariots of Fire'.

Mr Bean! :D

I'm in the USA and so appreciating the heads up! I'm do excited to see QEII as part of the opening ceremonies. I know that most people want Mr Banister to light the cauldron, but I would LOVE for QEII to light it! Let me know :)

P. L. Travers, the author of Mary Poppins, was born and raised in Queensland, Australia, before moving to England.

Such a great story. Loved it as a child.

Mr Bean is never NOT funny.

Trying to fit too much in too little time again.
The songs though... I grew up listening to them! Beatles coming soon, I guess.

Last edited:
I think maybe HM will appreciate the opening performance segment more than this segment.

Did I just miss music people?! Help me out spent 30 minutes picking up my father.

I can just imagine Prince Philip's face through this segment...

Did I just miss music people?! Help me out spent 30 minutes picking up my father.
In the progress!
We're in 70's now. Listening to Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody. God, I LOVE that stuff.

There's been no actual live music performed so far, apart from the London Symphony Orchestra.

Back
Top Bottom